Enjoying the great outdoors through camping, fishing, hiking, biking can be more memorable if you are not worried about going back home as soon as the sun starts setting. To last longer in the outdoors, a well-furnished recreational vehicle(RV) will come in handy where you will feel at home after the whole day’s experience with nature.
However, the few gallons of hot water from your standard tank are definitely not enough for all your needs, thus the need for an RV tankless water heater. Such a unit will provide you with hot water on demand, and it doesn’t require more of your attention while running, thus allowing you to enjoy vital features such as hot showers and hot water in the kitchen sink.
Therefore, when making preparations for buying the best electric tankless water heater for RV, consider some of the units reviewed below for a broader perspective on features, pros, and cons.
Let’s delve in!
PrecisionTemp RV-550 Tankless Water Heater
- Designed specifically for RVs, trailers, tiny houses, cabins, mobile washing services, and more
- Takes up 1/2 the space and weighs 1/3 as much as a 10-gallon tank
- No pilot light and very high propane efficiency
Did you know that you don’t have to give up relaxing, hot showers while living in your RV, trailer, tiny house, or other small dwellings? This water heating unit is uniquely made to use electric or/and propane energy.
The RV-550 simultaneously conserves both water and energy, and at 32 pounds, it weighs half to one-third as much as a full 6-10 gallon water heater! This fact is well suited for recreational vehicles and easy to manage due to its compact shape and lightweight.
This water heater only operates when a hot water tap is turned on. Without a tank of water to always keep hot, you’ll use up to 50% less propane. A 20-pound tank of propane will provide approximately 940 gallons of hot water.
RV-550 unit also has accurate automatic gas modulation, which means that it self-adjusts the gas usage based on variations in water flow and incoming water temperatures. This allows consistent temperature control without overheating the water in the summer or heating it enough during colder weather.
It uses less than 1.5 amps of power in normal operation and about three amps when the cold weather protection is activated.
Do not worry about colder locations since this is the only tankless water heater with built-in freeze protection for four-season use. In order for it to function, your 12 volts and gas supply must remain on. This allows the burner to fire and electric elements to protect the system when it senses freezing temperatures.
Other brands of tankless heaters waste propane or water by preheating the water tank or dumping fresh water on the ground to prevent freezing. The RV-550 can also be easily winterized for seasonal use.
The RV-550 boasts the highest hot water output in the industry at 55,000 BTUs. That’s over 50% more power than most tankless water heaters on the market! More power means your water temperature remains constant, regardless of the flow rate or incoming water temperature (at a minimum of 0.5 GPM, optimal operation 1.0 GPM).
Each RV-550 tankless water heater is designed, assembled, and tested by hand in the USA.
- Uses either electricity or propane
- Designed specifically for RVs, trailers, and tiny houses
- Takes up 1/2 the space of a standard heater
- Weighs 1/3 as much as a 10-gallon tank
- Very high propane efficiency
- Reliable, proven VariFlame technology control system
- Boasts the highest hot water output at 55,000 BTU’s
- The need to keep your car battery and gas supply on to let the anti-freezing system work
- You’ll have to purchase the door since it doesn’t come with one
Tankless Water Heater Electric ECO TOUCH 9KW 240V on Demand Water Heater
- 【INSTANT & SUFFICIENT HOT WATER】Applied with 9kW heating system, the electric tankless water heater ECO90B supplies instant & endless hot water of 116℉or higher temp, no waiting for preheat nor temperature fluctuations, perfect companion for sinks, bringing you perfect experience of comfort and relaxing.
- 【SMART SELF MODULATION】The on demand electric water heater ECO90B adjusts power input based on flow rate and temp setting in real time. As water flow reduces, power input decreases, thus you still get ideal, comfortable temp instead of scalding hot water. Optimal energy efficiency 99.8% saves considerable electricity charge per year.
- 【UPGRADED HEATING SYSTEM】Featuring micro-computer control and patent heating technology, ECO90B electric water heater promises no “cold water sandwiching”. And unique heating element avoids any corrosion inside pipes so as to extend service lifespan.
The ECO TOUCH ECO90 tankless smart water heater provides instant/on-demand and endless hot water with an optimal thermal efficiency of 99.8% and minimum energy cost.
Enjoy your adventure without worry since this unit is designed with a sturdy structure, a perfect solution for your kitchen, bathroom sinks, and you could use it for shower purposes in the USA’s southern area.
Applied with a 9kW heating system, the electric tankless system supplies instant hot water of 116℉or higher temp, thus no waiting for preheating nor temperature fluctuations. This factor makes it a perfect companion for sinks, bringing you the perfect comfort and relaxation experience after being out in nature.
The on-demand electric RV tankless water heater adjusts power input based on flow rate and temp setting in real-time. As water flow reduces, power input decreases, thus you still get an ideal, comfortable temperature instead of scalding hot water. Such optimal energy efficiency of 99.8% saves considerable electricity charge per year.
Featuring micro-computer control and patent heating technology, the ECO90B promises no “cold water sandwiching.” It also has a unique heating element that eliminates any corrosion inside pipes to extend the service lifespan.
You can expect outstanding performance for years to come since this unit is approved by ETL and qualifies for UL.
The ECO90B tankless water heater comes with a digital display and a touch control panel, so the temperature setting is a breeze.
It is also space-saving and has a stylish, modern design that blends in any decor.
- Safe and durable
- Digital display
- Touch control panel
- Upgraded heating system
- Stylish modern design
- Saves energy costs and space
- Instant and sufficient hot water supply
- Smart self-modulation
- The unit should be installed professionally
- Shower usage only applies to the southern area of the United States
Rheem RTEX-24 24kW 240V Tankless Electric Water Heater
- ON/OFF Dial Control with adjustable digital temperature display
- Self-modulating power control
- 24kW Model Flow Rate: up to 5.9 GPM for RTEX-24
Professional Classic tankless electric water heaters offer continuous hot water quickly and on-demand for single point-of-use or multiple applications. The Rheem RTEX-24 is no exception since you will comfortably enjoy its on-demand and continuous hot water for as long as you want.
There is no need to worry about abrupt temperature changes, either scalding hot water or cold shock. This electric water heater has a digital temperature control that works in increments of 1°F ranging from 80°F to 140°F. You can set or adjust your water to the desired temperature swiftly.
Installation of this Rheem performance platinum unit is simple, and you can do it yourself without spending extra money from hiring a plumber to help. All you have to do is choose an ideal point on your RV wall to mount it, and the threaded ports will allow you to fix the water heater easily to your built-in RV plumbing works.
Robust copper immersion heating elements with brass top increase durability and are threaded for easy replacement in case of damage.
Water wastage and energy will be a thing of the past for you since through the on-demand heating system, water that would have to run for some minutes before heating will be saved. Energy used to heat the water will not be wasted too since water heats at the point of use, giving you enough hot water supply.
The Rheem RTEX-24 water heater can support several home applications installed in your RV simultaneously, such as the washing machine, dishwasher, and shower.
- Water and energy efficient
- Durable Copper Immersion
- Simple Installation
- External digital thermostatic control
- On-demand, continuous hot water
- Compact and stylish
- Digital temperature display
- Advanced self-modulation
- Might be pricey
- It can’t replace a 40 gal tank heater with a 30A double pole breaker directly
EcoSmart ECO 27 Electric Water Heater Tankless, 27 KW at 240 Volts
- Savings of up to 50% on water heating costs. Dimensions :17H x 17W x 3.625D inches ;Pipes fittings :3/4 inch NPT
- Digital temperature control in 1-degree increments allows control of hot water; Activation Flow: 0.3 GPM
- Copper and stainless components designed for efficiency, durability and easy replacement.
Unlike the traditional storage-tank water heater that takes up a lot of space, EcoSmart’s sleek, wall-mounted design frees up your floor space for more storage and is 90% smaller than a tank. Such traits make it an ideal hot water unit for your RV, where saving space is a key necessity.
It can provide between 2.7 and 6.5 gallons per minute depending on the inlet water temperature; thus, you will be happier knowing the warm water you expect is available endlessly, consistently, and on-demand, allowing you to reduce your water and energy waste.
This Smart Technology tankless water heater is configured for climates where the incoming water temperature can reach as low as 37 degrees. With this feature, you should not be worried about expanding your adventure to colder destinations.
Capable of heating nearly 3 gallons per minute at this temperature, the ECO 27 is the largest tankless water heater available with Patented Self Modulating Technology.
This model is well-suited for homes in the northern U.S., Canada, and the southern U.S. for any appliance that generally has more demanding water usage needs. With your RV tankless water heater, you are completely assured of the smooth running of hot water.
With digital temperature control, you can set your temperature in increments of 1 degree to suit your temperature preference.
Always verify that you choose a model that is the right size for your hot water needs and electrical requirements before purchase and installation.
- Digital temperature control
- Advanced self-modulating technology
- Compact design for more storage space
- Copper and stainless components for efficiency, durability, and easy replacement
- Endless hot water
- Saves water heating costs
- Advanced design that is pleasing to the eye
- No backup energy source included
- Copper used might corrode easily
EcoSmart ECO 11 Electric Water Heater, 13KW at 240 Volts
- Lifetime warranty
- Save up to 60-percent on your water heating cost with an ECOSMART electric tankless water heater
- Never run out of hot water with an ECOSMART tankless water heater
This smart technology tankless water heater is configured as a “whole home” model for climates where the incoming water temperature is 67°F and above.
Eco 11 model is well suited for heating up to 2-Gallon per minute, which is the equivalent of one shower head (with a 1.5 gpm flow) and one sink with a low inlet water temperature of 67°F and an output setting of 105°F. Hot water supply will be available in your RV on all outlets without too much hassle.
You might want your hot water a bit on the warmer side or, the cooler side. Do not worry, for this unit has got you covered since it has a digital temperature control that allows you to set your temperature in increments of 1 Degree.
Do not worry about enjoying nature in places with lower temperatures since this model can also be used in colder climates as a point-of-use for a sink or other low flow application. All tankless water heaters are sized based on flow rate and temperature rise, and there is a direct relationship between the two. So if used in a cold area requiring a high-temperature rise, it will be more limited in the number of fixtures (gallons per minute) it can heat at one time compared to a warmer climate.
When sized properly, this water heater will provide endless hot water and only consume the energy needed, giving you complete control. Therefore, please verify this model is the right size for the expected demand and electrical requirements prior to purchase and installation.
The ECO 11 requires a minimum 125 amp electrical panel for installation with (1) 60 amp double pole breaker connected to (1) set of #6 AWG wire. Plumbing connections are 1/2″ compression fitting with the option of 1/2″ NPT adapter included.
- Endless, on-demand hot water
- Saves up to 50% in water heating costs
- Compact design allowing more storage space
- Digital temperature control 80 – 140° F
- Field replaceable elements
- Advanced self-modulating technology
- Can be used in colder climates
- The unit might leak if high mineral water is used
- Copper coating might corrode easily with hard water
Stiebel Eltron Tankless Water Heater – Tempra 24 Plus – Electric, On-Demand Hot Water, Eco
- CONTINUOUS FLOW – Advanced Flow Control patented technology invented by Stiebel Eltron, automatically maintains water temperature for constant comfort. It’ll reduce flow slightly if hot water demand exceeds capacity. Hot showers will never be interrupted again
- SPACE & ENERGY SAVER – Its small, sleek white design saves space yet still provides endless hot water for your whole house, and no venting is required. Eco friendly unit saves energy with auto-modulation and the ability to electronically control water flow. Savings monitor even shows how much you save on energy costs
- EASY OPERATION – Electronic switch activates the hot water heater and it’s noise free while in use. Has a digital temperature display and preset temperature and memory buttons, while the interior solid copper heating system does all the power work
Advanced flow control patented technology invented by Stiebel Eltron automatically maintains water temperature for constant comfort. It’ll reduce flow slightly if hot water demand exceeds capacity. Hot showers will never be interrupted again.
Its small, sleek white design saves space yet still provides endless hot water for your whole house, and no venting is required. An eco-friendly unit saves energy with auto-modulation and the ability to control water flow electronically. Savings monitor even shows how much you save on energy costs.
The electronic switch activates the hot water heater, and it’s noise-free while in use. It has a digital temperature display and preset temperature and memory buttons, while the interior solid copper heating system does all the power work.
This specific model is 24kW, 240V, requires a minimum recommended electric service of 150 A and offers an output water temperature of 68° to 140°F.
Stiebel Eltron’s top-rated electric tankless water heaters perform with the highest standards for comfort and reliability. The 7-year leakage and 3-year parts warranties are included with the purchase.
ANSI/UL Std. 499, CSA Std. C22.2 No. 88, ISO 9001, WQA tested and certified against NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free compliance.
- Offers continuous and endless hot water
- Energy efficient
- Digital temperature display
- 7 Years leakage and 3 years parts complete warranty
- Advanced flow control
- Electronic switch activated for virtually silent operation
- On-demand hot water
- Sleek design that saves space
- No specific installation kit
- Installation may require a professional
Rinkmo Electric Water Heater 11KW 240V 220V Instant, Hot Mini Electric Water Heater
- 🚿【TIPS】 Please notice that the 11KW tankless water heater requires 2 x 30 AMP breakers and 2 x 12 AWG wire, and the Min. Water Flow is 0.4GPM/1.5L/min. The 6KW tankless water heater requires 1 x 30 AMP breakers and 1 x 12 AWG wire, the Min. Water Flow is 0.4GPM/1.5L/min.
- 🚿【Water & Electricity Separated More Safe And Clean】 Heating water without directly contacting with the heating element which protects it from corrosion. No worry about water and electric leakage or tube explosion. Rinkmo water heater Keeps you away form annoying tube cleaning work and expensive maintenance cost! This better design will reduce precipitation and extend the usage life.
- 🚿【Save Money Save Cost】 After using our Rinkmo high efficient water heater, you will find your water heating cost reduce up to 60%, due to our heater is 97% ~ 99.8% energy efficient. You can always get hot water within 3s.
Saving space in your RV is most paramount thus, this unit has a save space design 12.1lbs weight which is only like a small suitcase, that allows you to install it in non-traditional spaces such as the RV wall, cabin, or in your camper.
Rinkmo water heater comes with an easy-to-read digital temperature display. You can set the temperature by turning the button or pressing the button to switch between Fahrenheit/ Celsius. It also has no complicated requirements for installation.
Compared to the traditional tanks water heater, the Rinkmo instant tankless water heater only turns on when you need hot water, thus reducing the store heat loss, saving up to 50% in water heating costs, and you can get fresh water.
Also, compared to other tankless water heaters for RV, this unit totally solves most of the safe problem, high maintenance costs and more cost-effective.
Heating water without directly contacting the heating element which protects it from corrosion. No worry about water and electric leakage or tube explosion. Rinkmo water heater Keeps you away from annoying tube cleaning work and expensive maintenance costs! This better design will reduce precipitation and extend the usage life.
After using this Rinkmo high efficient water heater, you will find your water heating cost reduce up to 60% due to the fact that this heater is 97% ~ 99.8% energy efficient. You can always get hot water within 3s.
Rinkmo water heater will stop heating when no water or low water flow prevents the product from burning and you from any scalding incidents. The LED shows LL or HH alarm when the inlet water temperature is lower than 37℉ or higher than 167℉. All silicone wire design which is heat resisting, more reassuring and durable is more advantageous for you.
- Reduces precipitation and extend the usage life
- You can always get hot water within 3s
- Energy efficient
- Saves billing cost
- Compact Size savs space for your RV
- Easy to install and operate
- All silicone wire design which is heat-resisting
- Easy to read digital temperature display
- Zero mention about external valves that may be required for the installation
- For an RV, you might need the assistance of a professional plumber
Garosa 3KW Mini Electric Tankless Instant Warm Water Heater
- Ⓐ NOTICE Before PURCHASE: The water heater need a larger than 32 amps circuit breaker; the outlet water temperature won't very hot because the water heater just 3KW, so it can't be used to bath or wash hair, it can be use to wash hand or use in kitchen. If it doesn't meet your require, PLEASE DON'T BUY.
- Ⓑ SIMPLE OPERATION: Freely adjust water temperature by water flow, simple operation, you can enjoy hot water all-weather without wait. PLEASE KINDLY check the third picture which show the water flow spped and water temp.(test data)
- Ⓒ SAFE USE: Safe heater, electricity saving, water saving, no pollution, no exhaust gas, LCD digital temperature display(℃). In order to ensure safe use, all current and voltage power problems are strictly tested to ensure product safety before leaving the factory.
The water heater needs a larger than 32 amps circuit breaker; the outlet water temperature won’t get very hot because the water heater just 3KW, so it can’t be used to bathe or wash the hair; it can be used to wash hands or use in the kitchen.
Freely adjust the temperature by water flow, simple operation, you can enjoy hot water all-weather without the wait.
Safe heater, electricity-saving, water-saving, no pollution, no exhaust gas, LCD digital temperature display(℃). To ensure safe use, all current and voltage power problems are strictly tested to ensure product safety before leaving the factory.
Stainless construction with mini design, the counter is made of brass, the tankless water heater is durable and portable.
When the inlet temperature is very low, the outgoing water is not ice-cold, but no heat is felt; when the inlet temperature is high, the outgoing water will be hotter.
- Can be used to wash hands or use in the kitchen
- You can enjoy hot water all-weather without the wait
- Water temperature can be freely adjusted by water flow
- Saves electricity and water
- LCD digital temperature display
- Voltage power problems are strictly tested
- Stainless construction with mini design
- Durable and portable
- This unit does not meet High-temperature requirements
- Can’t be used to bathe or wash hair
Hyperikon Tankless Water Heater Electric 11kw, 180-250V Compatible
- INSTANT HOT WATER - Enjoy never-ending hot water at any time of the day! It has a heat capacity of 37,543 BTU. Use the touch enabled control panel to set your desired temperature between 86°F and 126°F.
- MINIMUM WATER FLOW 0.85 GPM - The minimum water flow for activation is 0.85 GPM. The power used is based on the gallons of water used per minute.
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT - Hyperikon’s 11kw tank-less water heater will only draw the amount of electricity required to produce the hot water, with no pre-heating.
Enjoy never-ending hot water at any time of the day with this RV tankless water heater! It has a heat capacity of 37,543 BTU. Use the touch-enabled control panel to set your desired temperature between 86°F and 126°F.
The minimum water flow for activation is 0.85 GPM. The power used is based on the gallons of water used per minute.
Waiting for your water to heat will be a thing of the past since the Hyperikon’s 11kw tankless water heater will only draw the amount of electricity required to produce the hot water, with no pre-heating. This will also save energy, thus cutting down your bills.
Connect this tankless water heater to a 3 minimum 50A Circuit Breaker. Please refer to the installation manual before installing. The on-demand water heater is leakage proof and also over-heat protected at 153°F (67°C)
When we say we’ve got you covered, we mean it. Should your product fail within the first 5 years from the date of purchase, the manufacturer will fulfill our promise and replace it free of charge to you.
- Instant hot water
- Touch-enabled control panel
- Minimum water flow of 0.85 GPM
- Energy efficient
- Over-heat protected
- 5-year warranty
- Vertical installation only
- Air bubbles tend to shut down the unit
Eemax EEM24013 Tankless Electric Water Heater
- Tank less water heaters provide a continuous Supply of hot water and only heats the water you need, when you need it
- Instant, consistent and endless hot water
- The most advanced, self-modulating technology available, meaning the unit will adjust how much energy needs to be input based on how much hot water is needed
After spending the whole day enjoying nature, you will need a hot shower or a hot cup of cocoa. Do not worry about waiting for your water to heat since with this Eemax tankless electric water heater; you can enjoy instant, consistent and endless hot water where you need it and when you need it.
This product can be used for any of your RV appliances’ water heating needs since it is a 240 volt, 13-kilowatt unit. It is designed to handle point-of-use appliances to provide hot water for one sink in colder climates or one shower and one sink in warmer climates.
Since this unit uses the most advanced, self-modulating technology available, it will adjust how much energy needs to be input based on how much hot water you need. Therefore, the energy used will be conserved and reduces wastage of water.
The EEM24013 saves you a good amount of space in your RV since it has a compact design, leaving you valuable storage space.
As a precaution, ensure you have verified the EEM24013 as the correct size for your hot water needs before purchasing and installing.
- Instant, consistent, and endless hot water
- Designed to handle point of use appliances
- Uses self-modulating technology
- Saves RV space
- Energy efficient
- Reduces water wastage
- May not provide enough hot water for many appliances simultaneously
- Some have noted adapter fittings leaking on the inlet and outlet
Electric Tankless Water Heater 240V Electric Hot water Heater, ECO130W
- 【Electric Tankless Water Heater】applied with powerful 13kW heating system, the tankless water heater electric ECO130W supplies sufficient instant and endless hot water of 110℉ or higher in seconds, no waiting for preheating nor terrible temp fluctuation during shower time, perfect companion for single shower, sink faucets,dishwasher or washing machine.
- 【Self Modulation Instant Water Heater】the electric hot water heater ECO130W adjusts exact power input based on current flow rate and temp setting. For example, less power will be applied by the smart water heater when you reduce water flow, thus, you get ideal temperature instead of scalding hot, which ensures comfortable experience and excellent energy efficiency. Also, optimal energy efficiency of 99.8% saves considerable electric charge for you.
- 【Convenient Use】the electric tankless water heater 13kW comes with digital display & touch control panel so temp setting is easy job. Best of all, useful information on the screen helps you get full understanding of the working status, you needn’t go through hard lesson of temp setting by a mixer tap without direct information. Now turn on the faucet and let the smart hot water heater do the rest.
Applied with a powerful 13kW heating system, the ECO130W can provide you with instant and sufficient hot water on demand at a stable and desired temperature. So, you don’t have to spend a long time waiting for preheating, and of course, you will save considerable money for the heating bill since far less energy radiation occurs during the process.
With optimal efficiency of 99.8% and minimum energy cost, this unit could heat 2.2GPM water from 67℉ to 110℉. The best part is, the tankless water heater gets a smart self-modulation system, where heating is input exactly according to the energy needed for a stable and desired temperature. This ensures you a comfortable hot shower without temperature fluctuation.
Designed with a sturdy structure metal case with a sleek and elegant appearance, the GREATBEAR ECO130W tankless water heater is a perfect hot water solution for a single shower, kitchen, and bathroom sink faucets, dishwasher, and washing machine.
With newly updated and applied with multiple protections, every piece of the tankless water heater goes through strict tests to ensure 100% safety. Inner water and electricity lines are designed to run separately to avoid leakage risk and scale build-up. You can expect outstanding performance for years to come.
This unit comes with a digital display and a touch control panel, so temperature setting is an easy job for you. Best of all, useful information on the screen helps you get a full understanding of the working status; you needn’t go through a hard lesson of temperature settings by a mixer tap without direct information.
Now turn on the faucet and let the smart hot water heater do the rest!
- Instant and endless hot water
- Perfect for single shower, sink faucets, dishwasher, or washing machine
- Adjusts exact power input
- Energy efficient
- Digital display
- Touch control panel
- Safe and durable unit
- Has a compact size as a shoebox
- Cannot handle more than one appliance simultaneously
- It doesn’t work off 120V
Heatworks Electric Smart Tankless Water Heater
- POWERED BY OHMIC ARRAY TECHNOLOGY. The MODEL 3 is the only water heater in the world to use Ohmic Array Technology instead of metal heating elements that rust and scale. This technology will save you time, money, and the planet's resources.
- POWER REQUIREMENTS. Tankless electric water heaters for WHOLE HOME applications require more power than the existing 30 amp circuits for electric tanks. In many WHOLE HOME cases, the MODEL 3 will need to be installed at or close to maximum power at 100 amps and 240 V (24 kW). In northern climates or homes with high hot water demand, please reference sizing information as more than 1 MODEL 3 may be needed. Consult an electrician on available breakers in main electrical panel prior to installing.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT FOR LIFE. The MODEL 3 is highly efficient as it only uses power when hot water is needed. Install it nearer to the point of use for up to 10% in water and 25-40% in energy savings.
Powered by patented Ohmic Array Technology, this smart, tankless water heater provides endless hot water on-demand for houses, apartments, and points-of-use such as your RV. What sets it apart from other water heaters is how it heats the water.
You won’t find metal elements inside. That 150-year-old technology has one fundamental flaw: the metal heating elements get very hot and the minerals found in water stick to them. This causes energy efficiency loss, hot spots, and eventually, the elements will fail.
Instead, this unit uses electronic controls to pass controlled electric currents through the water. The transfer converts electrical energy into thermal energy, creating endless hot water, on-demand at your desired temperature. Therefore, since there are no scale forms, there is never a loss of energy efficiency; thus, no metal heating elements to replace, resulting in no maintenance costs.
With this tankless electric unit, electric power is only used when hot water is needed, saving time, money, and energy.
Installation of this unit is like any other tankless water heater and can be used in new construction or as a replacement to any gas or electric tank or tankless water heater. All you need to do is add it to an existing hot water system as a booster or install the unit closer to the point of use for up to 10% in water and 25-40% in energy savings each month.
Not forgetting the ability to adjust the unit from 208-240 volts and 30 to 100 amps (6.2 to 24 kW) upon installation. This means that the higher the amperage/power setting, the more hot water the unit can provide. Please make sure to reference both the expected temperature rise table and installation manual to ensure you have enough power required for your hot water needs before ordering.
- Maintains its high energy efficiency for the life of the unit
- Endless hot water
- Precise temperature control
- Digital display
- No scaling or rust
- Zero maintenance required
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Mobile app to control and monitor water and energy usage
- Can be used as a replacement for any water heater
- Installations not completed by a licensed plumber and electrician will void the warranty
- Not recommended to use the unit with a recirculating system
Bosch Thermotechnology 7736505871, 9.5kW, Electronic Bosch US9-2R Tankless Water Heater
- ELECTRIC TANKLESS WATER HEATER: 9.5 kW under-sink tankless water heater designed to provide an endless supply of instantaneous hot water to one or more sinks
- FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION: Can be installed in a 360 degree orientation so you can position the unit in tight under counter spaces for a flexible, worry-free setup. Due to the amperage requirement this item will be hard wired.
- EFFICIENT DESIGN: Ultra compact and lightweight design with 98% efficiency and no stand-by heat loss plus does not require a temperature or pressure relief valve
Upgrade your part-time or full-time residential RV water heating solution with the electric Bosch US9-2R tankless water heater. This 9.5 kW under-sink tankless water heater is designed to provide an endless on-demand hot water supply to one or more sinks separately.
Since space is of high value in an RV, you can install this electric heater in a 360-degree orientation to position the unit in tight under counter spaces for a flexible, worry-free setup. The ultra-compact and lightweight unit runs at 98% thermal efficiency, so the stand-by loss is minimal.
This unit does not require a temperature or pressure relief valve for your convenience. The Bosch design provides a modern look that seamlessly blends in with existing decor when installed in a visible location and is built of the durable plastic housing for long-lasting use.
You can confidently purchase this unit since it includes a 5-year limited warranty on the copper heat exchanger and a 2-year limited warranty for all other components so you know your purchase is protected.
Save space and energy with the Bosch US9-2R Tronic 3000 Tankless Water Heater!
- 98% efficient with no stand-by loss
- Ultra-compact and lightweight
- Copper sheathed heating elements
- 360 degrees installation
- 5-year warranty on heat exchanger
- 2-year warranty on parts
- As low as 0.3 GPM activation flow rate
- It cannot be used outdoors
- Works best with a single sink at a time
Ecosmart POU 3.5 Point of Use Tankless Water Heater, Electric
- Can provide hot water for one sink at 0.5 GPM in warmer climates
- Requires 1 x 30 amp breaker and 10 AWG wire
- For one sink at 0.5 GPM in colder climates the POU 6 is recommended
This RV tankless water heater is a true point of use model because it is specifically designed for under the sink, single applications with a maximum flow rate of 0.5-Gallon per minute (gpm), and includes a 0.5 gpm sink aerator. This heater is flow controlled, meaning the temperature will adjust according to the flow rate.
It is the smallest sized Ecosmart tankless model and should not be used to run anything more than one sink at a time or used in areas where the inlet temperature of your water is lower than 57°F. At this inlet temperature, the ECO POU 3.5 can heat 0.5 gallons per minute to 105°F.
Its compact size allows for under-the-sink installations. Such a point-of-use unit is ideal for boats, recreational vehicles (RVs), and bathroom sinks. When sized properly, this water heater will provide endless hot water. Please verify this model is the right size for your expected demand and electrical requirements before purchase and installation.
The Eco POU 3.5 requires a minimum 100 amp electrical panel for installation with (1) 30 amp single pole breaker connected to #10 AWG wire. Please note that when the water is not hot enough, please slow down the water flow to increase temperature!
- Endless hot water
- Saves up to 50% on your water heating costs
- Compact design for more storage space
- Digital temperature control
- 1-year warranty on electronics, exchanger, and element
- Field replaceable elements
- Advanced self-modulating technology
- Warranty does not cover labor or any incidental damages
- Handles a single sink only
Camplux Tankless Water Heater Electric with LED Display 120V Instant Water Heaters
- Smart&Considered Design: Small water heater designed with smart touch control & LED display, mini size, perfect for under sink installation. The minimum water flow for activation just need 0.4 GPM (Only for one sink)
- Multi-angled Mounting: The compact size instant electric water heater requires a connection of 1* 40A circuit breaker & 10 AWG wire. Install close to outlet for energy saving. Can be mounted Multi-angled, ideal for kitchen, wet bars, school, hospital, hair salon and boats. Please make sure it is the right size for you: 3.5kW at 120V, product dimensions 7.8" x 6.3" x 3.9", water pipes fitting: 1/2" NPT male
- Reliable&Durble: The 3.5kW tankless water heater comes with 5 protections. NFS approved, offer lead-free water. ETL safety certified, leakage and overheat protection device to ensure your safety. Stainless steel and copper component for high efficiency and durability
This small water heater is designed with smart touch control and LED display, mini size, perfect for under sink installation. The minimum water flow for activation just needs 0.4 GPM (Only for one sink).
The compact size instant electric water heater requires a connection of 1* 40A circuit breaker and 10 AWG wire to install close to an outlet for energy saving. It can also be mounted multi-angled, ideal for the kitchen, RVs, and boats.
There is no need to worry about faults such as scalding incidents since the 3.5kW tankless water heater comes with 5 protections. It is NFS approved to offer you lead-free water, ETL safety certified for leakage and overheat protection device to ensure your safety, and has stainless steel and copper component for high efficiency and durability.
Camplux on-demand water heater only heats the water when you need it, and no waiting for preheating. The temperature rise of 1.0 GPM is 55°F makes it easy to get hot water between 85°F – 131°F in seconds. Enjoy instant and endless hot water!
This 120V tankless water heater unit features an upgrade rotatable digital temperature display and touch control panel that shows you the easy reading output water temperature at real-time and setting ideal temperature just by finger.
Note: This mini water heater is only suitable for sink use, not for bathing
- Instant and endless hot water
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- Safe and durable
- Offers excellent performance
- Rotatable LED display
- Perfect for under-sink installation
- Compact and space-saving design
- Requires professional licensed technician to install
- Only suitable for sink use, not for bathing
vinmax 2019 Hot Tankless Water Heater,110V Electric Hot Water Heater
- ✅【Electric Water Heater】- The Temperature can be adjusted between 55℃-75℃ optionally, and the power will be off automatically when the set temperature is achieved.
- ✅【 Instant Hot Water Heater Under Sink】- Its total power is 1500w and it has multiple installation methods. It is applicable for different water pressure of different areas, especially for families which are located on higher floors with low water pressure.
- ✅【Rv Tankless Water Heater】- This mini tankless water heater electric 110v product uses green environmental material, which is qualified for international standard, and satisfies difficulties of hot water supply for multiple places, easily solves issues such as face washing, bathing, vegetable washing and dish washing.
This 8l RV tankless water heater is a lightweight electric water heater with a perfect combination of inner quality and classical appearance, which applies to different families’ demands. It can be placed in the space exquisitely where it is decorated by you elaborately, and embellish your furniture much more wonderful.
This unit uses green environmental material, which is qualified for international standards and satisfies the hot water supply difficulties for multiple places. It easily solves issues such as face washing, bathing, vegetable washing, and dishwashing.
It can be installed in the kitchen, restroom, bathroom, or any other places you want optionally because of its small area characteristics, strong applicability, and convenient installation.
The Vinmax unit is a direct heating type with high efficiency and low power heating tube, which can maximize the thermal energy maximally. The temperature can be adjusted between 55℃-75℃ optionally, and the power will be off automatically when the set temperature is achieved.
Its total power is 1500w and has multiple installation methods making it applicable for different water pressure of different areas, especially for families located on higher floors with low water pressure.
- Temperature is adjustable
- Instant on-demand hot water
- Multiple installation methods
- Uses green environmental material
- Lightweight tankless water heater
- Applies multiple demands of different families
- Convenient installation
- Does not come with extra batteries for emergencies
- Only installed when upright
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Rv Tankless Water Heater
As obvious as it is, the market for RV tankless water heaters is vast and can be challenging for you. Any choice of water heater can be vital depending on your preferences and adventurous accommodations. For this reason, you should take a minute and make calculated purchase research. Therefore, consider several factors to guide you through your shopping spree.
Let’s get started!
1. Water Consumption
Before buying RV tankless water heaters, ensure you have an estimated average on the amount of water you plan to consume. This applies to your shower, kitchen sink, dishwasher, and washing machine. However, the toilet is not considered in this category since it doesn’t require hot water for flushing.
To have an average estimation for your water usage, here are some guidelines:
- Kitchen sink: Uses 1 – 1 ½ gallon of water per minute (GPM)
- Shower: Uses 1 ½ – 3 gallons of water per minute(GPM)
- Dishwasher: Uses 1 – 3 gallons of water per minute(GPM)
Following the above list, bear in mind how many of these appliances you possess and how often you plan on using them when choosing your RV water heater.
Depending on the model, the best RV tankless water heaters can provide anything from two to six gallons of water per minute. Therefore, you need to have everything that consumes water in your RV in mind.
2. Your Camping Location
One of the advantages of buying RV tankless water heaters is that you no longer have to waste storage space. You can use that space as room for whatever else you want in your RV. However, on the occasion that you end up camping somewhere in the middle of the woods or a deserted area with no water networks, that water heater will prove useless.
On the upside, if your RV has its own water source, then this will make things easier for you. Normally, you can connect the water heater outside of the RV, but you may also mount it in the RV, depending on its size.
If you are concerned that the icy temperatures will freeze your unit, you may also consider anti-freezing kits that you can attach to the heater.
You ought to ensure that the location fits in the cases that certain units may have precise regulations regarding their ventilation. Some water heaters may be more appropriate for indoor use, while others may be better functioning in outdoor settings.
3. Source of Energy
Depending on where you plan to enjoy your adventure or the facilities that your RV already has – you may want to choose between a gas and an electric water heater. Your camping location will determine whether gas will be the most price-friendly option or if you should go for electric ones.
RV tankless water heaters powered by gas are normally less expensive than electric ones, and they come with a higher water flow rate. Also, bearing in mind that they work on gas, not electricity, you won’t need to hook them up to a battery or a power source.
Some gas tankless water heaters also feature an electric extension, presenting you with more flexibility. Gas heaters are easier to connect compared to electric units, and they are generally stronger when it comes to their heating properties. However, the electric units can be used for a longer time, thus offering longevity.
This is because you will not have to keep refilling the propane tank when the gas runs out, thus allowing you to use the shower and other appliances without worrying about a run-out.
4. BTU Capacity
BTU is an abbreviation for British Thermal Capacity, which refers to the RV water heater unit’s heating capacity. Depending on the area you plan to travel to, you may want to give this some serious consideration.
For instance, if you are going to a place where the water is freezing, the RV water heater will be unable to heat the water completely. As a result, you will end up with lukewarm water.
An RV water heater unit that lingers between 30,000 and 50,000 BTU every hour might not be the same as the heat you get at home. However, this is doable since it’s only one or two degrees down.
5. Size of the Water Heater
As obvious as this can be, you should carefully consider the size of your RV water heater. In cases where you have a very small trailer, choosing big RV tankless water heaters might not be a good solution for you. You will have an ample amount of hot water, although they will be too big to fit in their design space and end up looking misplaced.
Therefore, consider going for a lightweight RV tankless water heater since RVs are generally not very spacious. This is depending on how many appliances you plan on using. For instance, if you plan on using the shower, the kitchen sink, and the washer at the same time, then consider buying a bigger unit.
6. Energy Efficiency
The best RV tankless water heater will use less water when it comes to savings and uses less energy. Living in a time where we have to be energy-smart on the carbon footprint to help our planet using an RV tankless water heater that consumes everything, all the way to the money in your wallet, is a bad idea.
RV tankless water heaters are an eco-friendly solution since they won’t have to heat the entire tank. Therefore, less energy will be consumed, and you will save a bit on your budget.
Sticking to your budget doesn’t mean you have to use it to the last penny on a water heater. However, you should not withhold the price either since there’s a reason why some units are fairly expensive.
Premium water heaters will be able to heat more water simultaneously, thus using more units. Furthermore, a more expensive unit will probably not leave you with lukewarm water that will make you not want to step into the shower.
You should expect to pay around $500 and $1,000 for a decent RV tankless water heater. You may come across even more expensive options with more premium features depending on your budget.
With the aforementioned tips to consider when purchasing your RV tankless water heater, be rest assured to come out of the store a happy and content customer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I replace my RV water heater with a tankless one?
Most RVs come with a standard 6 gallon or 10-gallon water heater, although some campers can go up to 12 gallons or more. Tankless water heaters are designed to replace the existing units. These are retrofit designs so they can fit in the same cut-out of your existing water heater.
2. Are RV tankless water heaters worth it?
An RV tankless water heater uses 50% less energy with lower operating costs and takes up almost 1/2 of the space than a standard hot water heater. For instance, the RV 500 is almost 1/3 lighter than standard hot water heaters. All in all, it’s a good unit to buy if you want to save water and consume less energy.
3. What size tankless electric water heater do I need?
You’ll need to raise the incoming water temperature from 40 degrees to 105. You’ll need to be able to heat at least 5.2 gallons of water. So you’ll need a tankless water heater that can produce at least a 60-degree rise in temperature at 5.2 gallons per minute.
4. What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
Tankless water heaters produce an endless supply of hot water, take up less space, have a lower risk of leaking, are safer, and have a significantly longer lifespan on average. The main disadvantage of tankless water heaters is their upfront cost (unit and installation) is significantly higher than tank-style heaters.
5. Do RV water heaters run on electricity?
There are three types of RV water heaters with tanks: electric water heaters, propane tankless water heater(s), and combination heaters. As you might guess, an electric water heater heats water using electricity. It is also possible to use both electricity and propane at the same time to heat the water more quickly.
6. How long do RV water heaters last?
An RV water heater’s life span depends on several factors, but it can be operational for up to 10 years with proper care. Draining and flushing your tank, changing the anode rod, and other annual tasks will help keep your water heater working for years.
7. How hard is it to install a tankless water heater?
Tankless water heaters cost more than traditional tank water heaters, typically about twice the unit’s price alone, depending on what flow rate is needed. They’re also more difficult to install, as they have special venting requirements and often need larger gas lines because of the higher BTU rating.
8. Should you leave RV hot water heater on all the time?
Your RV water heater is basically just a smaller version of a standard residential heater. There’s no harm in leaving it on all the time, although depending on your usage, there may be some small energy savings in turning it off between uses.
9. How many gallons does an RV shower use?
On average, a travel trailer shower will go through about 2-6 gallons of water per shower. This depends on various factors such as length of shower time, the water usage of the showerhead, and if you turn off the shower while you lather up.
10. Does RV refrigerator work better on gas or electricity?
Hot water heats up faster with gas – and recovers faster after use with gas – but maintaining the water heater is best done with electricity. The same goes with your fridge: getting all of your drinks cold is best done with gas power, but electric power keeps it cold.
11. How do you winterize a tankless RV water heater?
For extended winter storage, you should winterize the heater by one of two methods to ensure no water remains in the heater that could freeze. The methods recommended are compressed air purging or actual RV antifreeze filling.
12. Is a tankless water heater better than a regular water heater?
For homes that use 41 gallons or less of hot water daily, demand water heaters can be 24%–34% more energy-efficient than conventional storage-tank water heaters. In contrast, storage water heaters last 10–15 years. Tankless water heaters can avoid the standby heat losses associated with storage water heaters.
13. Can you plug in an RV without a battery?
Most things inside your RV will not work without a properly functioning 12-volt DC house battery system. For your 12-volt DC house battery system to function, you need good batteries as well as a way to charge them. That is where your RV’s power converter is used.
14. How much does it cost to replace an RV hot water heater?
How much does an RV water heater cost? The average RV water heater costs between $800-$1,000. A standard 10-gallon water heater will cost around $800, while a tankless water heater will cost around $1,000.
15. Why is my tankless water heater not getting hot?
Because tankless units only heat water as it’s needed, running too many hot water appliances at the same time could mean the unit just can’t keep up. On the other hand, your “no hot water” problem could be caused by a bigger issue such as: Plugged heat exchanger (due to hard water) or a blocked vent/air intake.