Getting the best inline water filter for a refrigerator is important for your health and helps you save money you would have used to buy water every week.
An inline water filter for the refrigerator is a filter that eliminates all contaminants found in your drinking water, allowing you to enjoy clean water. If you have a refrigerator with a water tap, you can connect it directly to your water line and drink cold water from your fridge.
You might feel fantastic about the idea of drinking cold water, but you have to think about the contaminants too. The water might be chilled, but the bad taste and odor won’t go away because it’s chilled. That’s where the inline water filter for the refrigerator comes in.
There are countless inline filters for refrigerators and ice makers in the market. We know how hard it can get to choose a good filter for your refrigerator and ice makers because of the numerous brands in the market.
In this article, we picked and reviewed the best inline water filters for refrigerators that will help you eliminate impurities and get rid of bad taste and odor in your drinking water.
Best Inline Water Filters for Refrigerator in 2021
1. EcoPure EPINL30 Inline Refrigerator Filter
Best Inline Water Filter Overall
- Long lasting 5 year refrigerator filter that fits most brands including: Samsung, LG, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Frigidaire, GE and more
- Easy to install - comes with both 1/4? compression and push-to-connect fittings for plastic or copper water lines
- Robust design eliminates sediment and chlorine taste and odor
Everyone wants to drink clean water without feeling the chlorine taste and odor that makes cold water taste awful. Many refrigerators don’t have built-in water filters, and that is why it’s crucial to buy a good inline refrigerator water filter like the EcoPure Inline Refrigerator filter.
One thing that makes this model stand out is the filter life. Imagine having an inline refrigerator filter with a life span of about 5years. Sounds great, right? That’s why you have to go for an EcoPure Iine refrigerator filter.
With this filter in your home, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your drinking water because you get 1500 gallons of water annually. EcoPure guarantees you a clean water supply for half a decade.
Having been in existence for a long time (about 10 decades), EcoPure is one of the best filters with the highest quality in the market today.
This filter is a universal filter as it can easily connect with many brands of refrigerators and ice makers.
EcoPure filter also protects your ice machine and refrigerator, not forgetting your water from chlorine taste and odor, and also gets rid of sediments.
- EcoPure EPINL30 is compatible with many refrigerators and ice makers
- Easy to install to a water supply line
- It can be used with other filters to boost the water filtration process
- Has high micron levels to remove tiny particles
- Removes bad taste and odor in your drinking water
- Might need additional fittings for some refrigerators
- Does not remove some particles
2. Woder WD-10K JG Ultra High Capacity Inline Water Filter
Woder 10K-JG Ultra high capacity inline water filter comes second in our review because of the filter life, and it also has amazing features.
Most inline water filters have a lifespan of about 1 year and 1500 gallons of water, but this filter beats them all because its lifespan is extended to 3 years and 10000 gallons of water.
If what you need is a long-lasting water filter, then this Woder model might be the perfect match for you. This inline water filter is ideal for people who want to get lead, chlorine, organic compounds, or heavy metals off their drinking water.
When you buy this Woder 10K JG filter, you don’t have to stress yourself about the quality of your drinking water. This filter has a powerful filtration system that will filter out all contaminants in your water, leaving it with only the essential minerals which are highly needed for healthy living.
The best thing about this filter is that it has been certified by NSF/ANSI 42 for eliminating chlorine taste and odor, and NSF/ANSI 372 for lead-free compliance.
The ultra-high performance of Woder 10K JG inline water filter has made its popularity grow over the past years, and it remains to be among the most preferred model.
Another thing we liked about Woder 10K JG inline filter is that you can easily connect it with your water supply line because it doesn’t come with additional tools.
Although this water filter takes the mantle, it is not advisable to use it on salty and untreated tap water.
- Worth the price
- Super easy to install the filter
- Tested and certified quality material
- Has advanced water filtration technology
- Eliminates 99.9% of water impurities
- Keeps the needed minerals in drinking water
- Removes bad taste and odor in your drinking water
- It doesn’t fit on braided horses
- It cannot be used for softened and salty water
- Cannot eliminate some chemicals like lead
3. Pure Inline Water Filter Kit
- Provides better tasting ice and water. Chlorine taste and odor reduction. Tested and Certified by NSF International against ANSI/NSF Standard 42 for Taste and Odor Reduction and Chlorine Reduction Class I.
- Includes: New PureWater Filter (with Quick-Connect Fittings), 15 feet of 1/4 inch NSF water line, Shutoff Valve, Two 1/4" Quick-Connect Water Line Adapters, Mounting Bracket with Screw, and Instructions with Graphics
- Direct inline filter kit works with most ice-makers
Are you looking for an inline water filter for your ice maker? Pure Inline water filter kit is undeniably one of the best water filters for ice makers. This filter is highly rated for its robust power and efficiency. With its lifetime warranty and gallon capacity of 1500 gallons of water supply annually, you get value for your money on this economical filter.
What we liked about this water filter kit is that it’s tested, proven, and certified to be of high quality by experts.
Pure inline water filter kit can be used commercially to improve the taste of drinking water and getting rid of bad odor.
It comes with quick-connect fittings, making it easy to install even if you have zero knowledge about the water filter installation process.
Another plus for this filter. It comes with easy to connect water line adapters, a shutoff valve, a water line, a mounting bracket with screws, and a user manual, so you don’t need to buy extra tools for installation.
Pure inline water filter kit is a universal filter that can work with many ice machines. You don’t have to worry about the make of your ice machine because this versatile filter will sort you out.
- Removes odor and bad taste effectively
- Improves the taste of water
- Compatible with many ice makers
- It comes with all the installation accessories
- Certified by NSF International
- The installation process is super easy
- Not the most durable brand
4. EZ-FLO 60461 Inline Water Filter
- Designed to filter incoming water for your ice maker or refrigerator
- Measures 10 inches in length
- Removes odors, unwanted taste, and scale for a better water-drinking experience
EZ-FLO inline water filter is also one of the best water filters designed to filter incoming water in your fridge and ice maker. This filter has a top-quality filter that removes scales, odor, and bad smell from your water supply.
With this EZ-FLO inline water filter, you don’t have to worry about drinking water contaminated by the materials used to make the filter because it’s lead-free. Thus, it is safe for you and your loved ones.
If you want a filtration system that gives you clean ice cubes and drinking water, consider adding EZ- FLO 60461 inline filter in your shopping cart right away.
One thing we liked about EZ-FLO inline water filter is its enormous capacity of 1500 gallons of water daily. This capacity makes this filter ideal for residential use and also commercial use. The filter life isn’t that bad either. You can use this filter for 2.5 years straight without having to replace it even if you use 1500 gallons of water on a daily basis.
If you want a reliable inline water filter that eliminates sediments in your water and gets rid of all harmful substances from your drinking water, then EZ-FLO will give you exactly what you’re looking for.
- A good filter for taste and odor reduction improving your water quality
- Has a long service life of 2.5 years
- High filtering capacity
- Easy installation process
- It has brass fittings that may not fit your refrigerator.
5. Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 Water Gallon Capacity
- Designed for use with refrigerators, ice-makers, RV, campers, boats, water fountains, water coolers, and commercial coffee makers
- Compatible with all water supply using 1/4 inch lines. Easily connects to existing plumbing
- Includes one 10” KDF Inline Filter and two 1/4 inch brass connectors
Watts inline water filter is another filter that possesses a robust capacity of about 20,000-gallons. This filter can be used on ice makers, under sink, and refrigerators. This filter is very efficient for reducing sediments, chlorine taste, and odor in your water.
Watts inline water filter easily connects to your existing water line, and it also connects easily with all the water supply with 1/4″ lines. It is highly convenient since you can easily connect it to any water supply in your home.
Watts inline water filter has been certified NSF/ANSI 372 Lead-free and NSF/ANSI Standard 42. We were impressed by the bacteriostatic properties that Watts inline water filter has, that help extend the filter’s life.
One thing you have to do when you purchase this inline water filter is to ensure that you replace the filter every six months or after using about 20,000 gallons of water.
- Works with refrigerators, water coolers, water fountains, ice makers, and even boats
- Eliminates chlorine taste and odor, giving you safe drinking water
- Prevents lime build up on the water lines where it is installed
- Has quick connection adapters that make it easy to install the filter n existing plumbing
- It only works with 1/4″ piping
- Made of plastic thus it is prone to leakages
- You will need to replace the filter after every 6 months
6. Amazon Basics Inline Water Filter,2Pack
- 20-micron sediment filter with KDF technology for healthier, cleaner, better-tasting water; includes 2 inline water filters (flexible hose protector not included)
- Connects to a standard water hose or faucet to filter the water that flows through it
- Durable and long lasting: can last an entire camping season; also provides pure water for gardening, planting, and other outdoor activities
AmazonBasics is known for high-quality consumer products, and they have done it again with this inline water filter. Their filter is 20-micron sediment with KDF technology responsible for giving you better tasting, healthy, and clean drinking water.
This inline filter is connected directly to the faucet or water hose to filter the water flowing through the faucet.
The filter is highly reliable and durable, and it can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities like camping and even gardening.
Amazon Basics inline water filter has a service period of about 1350 gallons of water. This water filter comes with a 1-year warranty so it provides security for you just in case it doesn’t work as specified.
When it comes to installation, this inline water filter gave us the best experience ever because it was super easy to install the filter.
If you want an inline water filter that eliminates contaminants like chlorine, aluminium, sediments, and heavy metals, Amazon basics will conveniently do so. That’s not all, this small size filter is also very efficient in removing fungus from your water.
If you’re living in rural areas or you use well water, this is the ideal filter you need to get heavy metals from your water.
- Easy to install to a faucet and hose line during testing
- Eliminates odor and bad taste instantly after installation
- Has a 1-year warranty from the supplier
- Filter life not specified, so you may not know when to replace it
7. Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Quick Change Water Filtration System
- HEALTHY LIVING FILTRATION LEVEL - This system reduces chlorine taste & odor as well as microbial cysts
- EXTREMELY CLEAN WATER - This system reduces sand, sediment, rust, and soil (0.5 microns)
- USES EXISTING FAUCET - Filter water right at the sink without having to install an entirely separate faucet
Filtrere advanced under sink filter was manufactured by 3M manufacturers best known for their quality industrial products. For that reason, their water filter is definitely going to be among the best water filters you can purchase.
Filtrete advanced under sink filter is one of the best filtration systems that is easy to install. Just as the name suggests, this filtration system directly connects to your kitchen faucet and also your bath faucet.
This under sink filter is a convenient alternative to bottled water. If you feel it’s time to cut down your water budget, then you have to invest in filtration systems like Filtrete advanced under sink filter and eliminate bottled water from your home.
The filter life as advertised is about 6 months. This means that you will need to replace your Filtrete advanced water filtration systems every 6 months. What you’ll like about this filter is that it has a reminder.
This filter is ideal for your home because it eliminates up to 99% of lead in your water. With this under-sink filter, you can also eliminate rust, chlorine, odor, and taste, not forgetting other harmful substances. The good thing about it is that it uses your existing faucets, so you don’t need to replace your faucet.
Filtrete advanced water filter comes with stickers with dates indicating the last time it was replaced so you can check the dates and know the right time to replace your filter system. They also have another reminder system whereby you receive a text every six months telling you it is time to replace your filter system.
The installation process of this filtration system is also super easy and quick. If you want to soften hard water that results from a lot of chlorine or reduce the odor of your water, this filter is the best choice for you as a homeowner.
- Easy to connect with your existing tap system
- Easy installation and replacement
- No charge in water flow rate
- Does a commendable job in reducing chlorine taste and odor
- Eliminates over 99% of lead in water
- They come in three models of filters; standard, advanced and maximum.
- Flow rate changes after long use
- It has a maximum operating temperature of about 100 Degrees(F)
8. Culligan IC – EZ -1 EZ Change Inline Filter
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- FEATURES: Reduces bad taste and odor, chlorine taste and odor, and particulate class III; EZ change replacement filter cartridge; Quick connect fittings; Twist-on/twist-off; Double water shutoff; Includes filter head with mounting hardware
- COMPATIBILITY: Uses RC-EZ-1 replacement cartridge
If you want a filter that is super easy to install and use, then Culligan IC- EZ-1 EZ Change should be among your top choices. Culligan IC -EZ-1 EZ change inline water filter has a superb design and is suitable for those who don’t want to spend their precious time installing or even charging its filter cartridge.
Culligan IC -EZ 1 EZ Change inline filter package comes with quick-connect fittings to facilitate easy installation and replacement of its filter cartridge.
This water filter will impress you with its efficiency, especially when it comes to eliminating odor and taste, even that of chlorine. What we like about Culligan IC -EZ-1 EZ Change inline filter is the filter life of 3000 gallons of water with a single filter cartridge.
You can also use the filter cartridge for as long as 12 months then replace it.
- Easy to replace the filter cartridge
- The filter is easy to install and use.
- The filter is big hence takes a big space behind your fridge
- Unable to remove all the sediments, lead, heavy metals, mercury, and other molecules from the water.
9. 3M Water Filtration System For Commercial Ice Makers ICE 120-S
- GREAT TASTING ICE: Provides consistent quality water for commercial ice machines by reducing sediment and chlorine taste and odor, cysts and scale at flow rates up to 1.5 gpm
- RECIPE QUALITY WATER for restaurants, cafés, quick service restaurants, coffee shops, convenience store, and other foodservice outlets
- LESS DOWNTIME AND FEWER SERVICE CALLS with built-in scale inhibitor which helps prevent corrosion and helps to extend the life of pumps, valves, seals and more with less scale inhibitor, which
As we said earlier, 3M manufacturers are well known for their quality products, and as usual, they did a good job on this 3M Water Filtration product. This filter is much safer and guarantees you clean ice and water all year round.
The 3M filter is specially designed for commercial purposes and has a gallon capacity of 9000 gallons of water. Therefore, it can have a service life of about two years and a month if you use 10 gallons of water to make ice every day.
One thing we liked about this filter is that despite it is a commercial filter, it is designed for easy installation reducing the hassle for you.
The quality of ice matters, and it can be easily manipulated by impurities like microbial cysts and sediments. With a 3M Water Filtration System, you’re assured of high-quality ice and water free from any particles and microbial cysts.
The 3M Water filtration system can also prevent the formation of hard scales on the evaporator, thus improving the functioning of the filter.
Although this water filtration system is a bit pricy, it is understandable, keeping in mind that the filter was designed for commercial purposes. Many 3M commercial grade products come with a high price and thus, we feel like this ice maker water filter is worth every coin as it provides clean and tasty ice.
This filter has been tested and certified by NSF against NSF/ANSI 53 for the elimination of microbial cysts. Having been certified, this filter is without a doubt capable of supplying you with safe drinking water at home without thinking of purchasing bottled water.
- Reduces chlorine taste and odor
- Guaranteed consistent water supply
- A high flow rate of water even after installation
- Long service life
- High capacity
- It increases the service life of your ice maker
- Replacement of the filters can be expensive because the commercial ice maker filters cost more
10. Lasco 37-1833 Inline Ice Maker Filter Installation Kit
- Ice maker kit with filter
- Includes one 1/4-inch compression x 2-Foot and one 1/4-inch compression x 5-foot supply lines
- Comes with all necessary fittings to install
Lasco inline ice maker filter is another robust filter highly convenient for your ice maker, and we recommend it for your ice maker. The Lasco inline ice maker filter kit comes with 1/4″compression × 4 foot and a 1/4″×5 foot water supply lines.
We love the high-quality materials used to design this ice maker filter to ensure that you get clean ice and water. This ice maker was also made with strict safety standards, so you do not need to worry about contaminants getting to your water from the filter material.
Lasco ice maker water filter also does a good job in reducing odor and tastes from your water. It’s also great when it comes to eliminating harmful substances like chlorine and sediments from your water ensuring you get safe water for consumption.
When it comes to the filter installation, the Lasco ice maker requires very little effort to install. This filter comes with everything needed for the ice maker filter installation and instructions on how to install the ice maker water filter.
Lasco ice maker water filter has a capacity of 1250 gallons, and it also comes with a 1-year warranty, which protects you after the purchase of the ice maker water filter.
- Does a good job in removing bad taste and odor
- Offers high-quality filtering solution
- Prevents scale build-up
- It has a high filter capacity
- It has a one year warranty
- The Lasco filter is small
11. Omnipure K2533JJ Inline Water Filter
- Built-in 1/4 inch quick-connect compression fittings for super easy installation - no tools required
- Reduces Chlorine Taste & Odor
- 1,500 gallon filter capacity
Omnipure inline water filter is another inline filter that couldn’t be left out of this review.
This filter comes with quick-connect fittings that facilitate the filter installation process. Its capacity is also big, 1500 gallons of water, so this inline filter can give you good service for quite sometime before you think of replacing it.
Omnipure inline water filter is not only ideal for your refrigerator. You can use this filter on your beverage equipment, ice makers, and RO systems.
If you want to eliminate chlorine traces from your tap water, this inline filter will help you do just that, leaving you with healthy, odorless, and tasty drinking water.
We liked this inline water filter because it comes with a 1/4” quick connect compression, which makes it easy to install and operate.
One thing we noticed about the Omnipure online water filter is that it has to be used with plastic tune fitting.
- Great water capacity of 1500 gallons of water
- Easy to install
- Removes chlorine taste and odor
- It comes with quick-connect fittings, so you don’t have to buy any extra tools
- Compatible with refrigerators, ice makers, and RO systems
- Low water flow rate
- Works with plastic tube fittings only
12. Culligan IC 4 EZ Change Inline Ice Maker And Refrigerator Filtration System
- Provide your family with visibly clean, great-tasting water for drinking, cooking and more
- FEATURES: Reduces particulates class I, chloride, cyst, chloroform, MTBE, Mercury, lead, turbidity, and bad taste/odor; Includes head assembly, RC-EZ-4 filter cartridge, mounting screws, cartridge change reminder sticker; Flow rate of 0.5 gpm at 60 psi
- COMPATIBILITY: Head assembly fits Culligan replacement cartridges, RC-EZ-1, RC-EZ-3 and RC-EZ-4
Culligan IC 4 EZ inline ice maker is one of the most efficient filters we have in the market for its ability to eliminate 99.9% of impurities in your water, allowing you to enjoy better-tasting water. This filtration system also fits perfectly well into different brands of refrigerators and ice makers.
The filter life of this filter is 3000 gallons of water, but you have to make sure that you change the filter cartridge after every 500 gallons of water.
When it comes to filter installation, it doesn’t get easy as with other filters we mentioned earlier. This is because the filter needs a dedicated faucet. However, it does get easier when replacing the filter cartridge because the EZ charge technology is a twist on and twist off.
- It eliminates almost all the impurities in water, making the water safe and better tasting.
- It fits in most refrigerators and can also fit in ice makers.
- Easy to install and replace the cartridge
- It needs a dedicated faucet
13. Subzero Inline Water Filter
- Authentic Sub-Zero Factory Certified Water Filter 7012333
- For use with the following models: UC-15 and UC-15IO
- Reduces sediment and chlorine taste, while inhibiting the growth of scale
Subzero inline water filter is another model that is known for good performance and also top quality. If you’re looking for an inline water filter for your ice maker, then this filter will eliminate impurities from your water.
This filter is certified and works efficiently in removing chlorine taste from water. Want to get rid of sediments or odor in your water? You can trust this filter for that.
What we liked about this filter is the easy installation process. You will not need any physical effort to install this filter.
Subzero inline water filter has a life span of about six months, and it also comes with incredible customer support. If you feel you need some help or you have queries about this product, you can easily contact the company through their customer care line.
- Top-quality inline water filter.
- Easy to install
- Long filter life
- The filter comes at a higher price
- The life expectancy is low compared to other brands.
14. GE GXRTDR Refrigerator/ Icemaker Filtration System
- Inline filtration: Filtered ice for your beverages
- Compatible with refrigerators without built-in filtration: Easily attaches directly to existing refrigerator/ice-maker water line in select GE side-by-side and top-freezer refrigerators
- NSF certified: Brings better tasting water and ice to your home by reducing chlorine taste and odor and sediment
GE GXRTDR filter comes last in our review and is one of the lightest filters ever seen, with a weight of 10.4 Ounces. NSF has certified this filter for chlorine removal, but it can only remove up to 70% of the chlorine in the water. GE GTXRTDTR is ideal for already purified water.
If you want to improve the taste of already purified water, this water filtration system will perfectly serve you. This filter comes at a moderate price, and it’s worth it, keeping in mind that it can improve the taste of water and ice.
If your water has a chlorine taste and odor, you will realize that the taste and odor will be reduced after installing this filter.
The filter life for GE GXRTDR refrigerator/ice maker is about 6 months and a filtration capacity of 2500 gallons of water.
Although this ice maker filter cannot eliminate chlorine taste and odor completely, some users prefer this filter to other brands because of the good reputation of its manufacture.
This icemaker/refrigerator inline water filter is compatible with refrigerators without a built-in water filtration system.
- Simple installation process
- Improves the quality of your tap water
- Low maintenance cost
- The filter is of a good quality
- Cheaper compared to other filters
- It cannot supply you with pure water because it only reduces the bad taste and odor.
The Mechanism Of Inline Water Filters
Inline water filters are installed directly on the waterline and appliances like ice maker machines and refrigerators so that water goes through the filter before the tap or appliance. Once the filters are installed, they run safety checks on your water and eliminate impurities.
Most inline water filters are designed for households. Although inline filters differ in mechanism depending on the models, the basic filtration principle remains the same.
1. Sediment Pre-Filter
Once water gets into the inline water filters, it goes to the sediment pre-filter. This pre-filter eliminates the large particles in the water like sand, debris, and sediment.
The sediment pre-filter is a very important part of the inline filter because it protects other parts of the filter, reducing frequent replacement and repairs.
2. Activated Carbon Filter
After the water runs through the sediment pre-filter, it gets to the activated carbon filter. The activated carbon filter is where the highest percentage of contaminants are eliminated.
The activated carbon filter has a large porous surface with nooks and crannies to attract the impurities through the adsorption process.
The activated carbon filter does a good job in removing contaminants like chlorine, organic compounds, and sediment residue. Some people prefer different effects on their filters, so they treat the carbon filter with special substances. For instance, the activated carbon filter can be treated with silver to attain amazing antibacterial properties.
3. Copper-Zinc Filter Stage
After going through the activated carbon filter, the water goes through the copper-zinc filter and mineral filter respectively.
At this stage, all the impurities like chlorine and heavy metals that remained in the water after going through the activated carbon filter are removed.
The copper-zinc filter also fights bacteria, removes scale in the water and other microorganisms found in the water.
4. Softener or Descaler Stage
The next point of the filtration process is the water softener or a descaler filter. This stage is optional, and some inline water filters don’t have the descaler filter.
The descaler has resin beads packed with sodium ions, which help to soften hard water. Most descaler filters make the water salty, but some are salt-free, so your water taste remains after going through the salt-free descaler filter.
5. Post Filter
The last stage of the inline water filter is the post filter. The post-filter removes the tiniest particles in the water before getting to your appliances. This filter has very tiny holes ( 1micron) to ensure that you get high-quality water.
After going through all stages, you’re guaranteed that you get pure water that is healthy and safe from your faucet every day.
NB: Some filters might have UV filters to eliminate viruses and bacteria that remained in your water after the post filter.
Factors to Consider when Buying an Inline Water Filter
You want to buy an inline filter that meets your needs and compatible with your ice maker as well as your refrigerator. There are many models of inline water filters, and you can only know which one to buy depending on your needs.
Before buying your inline water filter for a refrigerator, there are factors you need to consider.
Some of these factors are:
1. Your Budget
The type of product you will buy depends on how much you’re willing to spend on it. You have to check and compare the prices of different inline water filters to know which filter fits your budget. Sometimes we often think that the higher the price of an item, the higher the quality.
Although this fact might seem true, you might be wrong to think that the products with the highest price are the best compared to other inline water filters.
Some manufacturers have prioritized customer needs, and thus, they manufactured inline water filters that are of high quality and affordable at the same time.
If you want don’t know which inline filter to buy, you can compare the cons of the products and pick the one that you can comfortably cope with.
2. Replacement Cost
An inline filter does need repair and replacements after some time. Some of them require replacement every six months, and others can go for years without replacement.
The model of the inline filter that you purchase depends on how frequently you’re going to repair the cartridge and replace your inline filters.
Everyone wants to purchase a product that will last long. The same case applies when you want to purchase your inline water filters for refrigerators and ice machines.
The good this is, most of the inline filters have their life span specified. Some models even have reminder stickers that you can check to know when to replace your cartridge.
4. NSF and ANSI Certifications
NSF and ANSI certifications are factors you can look into before deciding on what to buy. A filter that has these certifications adds security and boosts your confidence before paying for your filter.
If you want to cut down your options, you can check the product to see if it has been tested and certified by NSF and ANSI.
The market is currently flooded with many models of inline water filters. It’s hard to determine how safe the filters are for your usage if they aren’t NSF/ANSI certified.
Before you purchase, make sure that the filter you’re buying is easy to maintain and install. There’s no need to buy a product that you cannot replace when need be. Make sure that you buy a product that is user friendly.
You want to purchase a filter that doesn’t take too much of your space. A compact filter will be ideal. The good thing is most inline filters come in good sizes, so you can easily get one that doesn’t consume much space behind your freezer.
Before you purchase your filter, make sure you know your the flow rate of your water. The flow rate will narrow down your options and know what kind of filter you’re going to purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an Inline Water Filter?
A filtration device is placed directly on your waterline to eliminate impurities from water.
2. Why do I Need A Filtration Device?
If you want to get high-quality pure water that is safe and healthy, you have to consider the idea of getting this device for your household use. Inline filters do an amazing job of eliminating all sorts of impurities in your water and ice.
If you’re in ice making business and still contemplating on whether to get a filter for your ice-making machine, it’s time you stopped having second thoughts about it. An inline filter will help you get better-tasting water and eventually top quality ice.
If you’re living in areas that have hard water, a water filter becomes crucial. This also applies to those who use well water. A filtration device helps you get rid of the bad taste and odor from well water, so you definitely need one.
3. Do water filters work with sinks only?
No. Inline water filters work with any water supply lines, so you can install them on any part of your water line or directly to your appliances like the refrigerator, RVs, ice makers, and campers.
These devices are limitless when it comes to installation. You can also install them on your shower if you want to purify your bathing water.
4. How do I know it is time to replace my filter?
Most filters, if not all, have their filter life indicated. Some have stickers that act as reminders, which you can use to know when to replace your filter.
It’s also important to note that inline water filters have different life spans. Make sure you check the lifespan of your filter because that information will help you know when you’re expected to replace it.
Another thing is water taste changes when you fail to replace your filter on time. So this can also help you know that it’s time to get a new one.
4. Do Inline water filters for refrigerators work with Iron?
If you’re living in rural areas, chances are that the water has high levels of iron. Not all inline water filters are capable of eliminating iron and even other metals.
For you to know the filter which will work in your area, ensure that you check if the filter has been approved and certified by WQA and NSI.
5. How do I clean my inline water filter?
Unless your inline filter is cleanable, these devices don’t need frequent cleaning. However, if you want to clean your inline filter, you can remove it from its connection after closing the water supply line.
You can use bleach if you have a carbon filter. Put a tablespoon of regular home bleach and mix it with a gallon of water. Sock your carbon filter for about 10 minutes. After that, use enough water to rinse off the bleach thoroughly.
Inline water filters are the best when it comes to eliminating water contaminants, and there shouldn’t be a debate on whether you need to buy one or not.
Most tap water comes with lots of impurities, and you cannot assume that the water is clean simply because it’s clear. Most of these devices come with quick connect fittings that fit easily on your existing water lines.
What else can you ask for when you can swiftly get pure, healthy water at the comfort of your home? Save yourself the stress of buying bottled water by going through the list of inline water filters and pick one that suits you.