Best Toilet for Sprinter Van
|Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet||28 Pounds||20 in.||300 Pounds|
|Camco Premium Portable Travel Toilet||11 Pounds||15 in.||270 Pounds|
|Dometic Portable Toilet||12 Pounds||16.5 in.||250 Pounds|
|SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet||11.25 Pounds||16.5 in.||250 Pounds|
|Camco Toilet Seat||1.7 Pounds||14.5 in.||300 Pounds|
|ZIMMER Portable Toilet||9.75 Pounds||15 in.||250 Pounds|
|Thetford Corp Porta Potti||13.45 Pounds||17.83 in.||250 Pounds|
|Alpcour Portable Toilet||14.5 Pounds||14.5 in.||300 Pounds|
|Shopley Portable Flush Toilet||11.5 Pounds||13.5 in.||220 Pounds|
|Flexzion Portable Camping Toilet||12.85 Pounds||16 in.||300 Pounds|
Should you have a sprinter van with a toilet or without? Most van dwellers have adapted to living in a van without an onboard toilet while others cannot level their driveways without at least a portable or fitted toilet.
However, having the best toilet for sprinter van can help you a great deal when you hit the road to your camping site or just a long-distance travelling and nature calls. Unfortunately, if you are far from the nearest restroom and going to the bush isn’t an option, then the regret of not having a portable toilet in your van will hit you hard. But how much will the regret help?
So, if you have been looking for the best toilet for sprinter van, you have come to the right place. This is because we have rounded up some of the best toilets you can consider installing or having in your sprinter van whenever you hit the road to camping or road tripping adventure.
Without much ado, keep reading to find more about toilets for sprinter vans and what you can consider when buying one.
10 Best Toilets for Sprinter Van
Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet – Best Overall
- No one - and I mean no one - will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
The Nature’s Head Composting toilet is a portable self-contained composting toilet for sprinter and camping vans. We have ranked it the best toilet for sprinter van owing to its amazing features. It comes with a urine-diverting valve to ensure a waterless operation. Besides, this allows for easy composting.
Also referred to as a dry toilet, the Nature’s Head comes lightweight in its class, odorless and compact enough to perfectly fit in your campervan, RV, Cabin, boat and for survival applications in the camping sites. Moreover, it is constructed from stainless steel hardware to make it robust and durable to withstand even the harshest of outdoor conditions.
With its huge waste tank capacity, you will have very limited emptying frequencies. In fact, 2 people using this eco-friendly sprinter van toilet can take between 4 to 6 weeks to fill. As such, making the best toilet for sprinter van you could ever install in your campervan. Better yet, emptying the waste is a hassle-free process that can take only 5 minutes.
The Nature’s Head is an odor-free portable toilet that comes with low volume air circulation fan built into the head to provide recycling of the air in your van bathroom. This makes the entire room smell better. What else can you want from a sprinter van toilet than the exceptional functionality and odor-free environment that Nature’s Head Composting toilet offers?
- Handle mountable on either side
- Robust stainless steel
- Urine separating dry toilet
- Low volume air circulation fan
- DC. 12 V adapter available
- Floor mounted
- Odor-free operations
- Sturdy and durable stainless steel construction
- Easy to carry and transport with handles mounted on either side
- Quite expensive
Camco Premium Portable Travel Toilet – Runners Up
- Detachable Holding Tank: 2.6-gallon holding tank is detachable for easy emptying
- Prevents Leaks and Odors: Holding tank seals firmly to prevent escaping leaks and odors
- Pump Flush: Fresh water holding tank uses a pump flush action to effectively rinse the bowl of...
The Premium Portable Travel Toilet from Camco is an excellent addition to your sprinter van, whether you are new to camping or you are looking to make your sprinter van look better in the toilet section. With the sealing side valve that ensures no leaks and odor-free operations, you will, without a doubt, enjoy the services of this campervan toilet.
It comes with a 2.6-gallon capacity waste tank that ensures you have as many uses as possible before making a trip to a designated disposal facility. At the top of the waste tank, is a 3.75-gallon of freshwater that holds a substantial amount of water for maximum flushes. As such, you will enjoy up to 50 flushes before the next refill.
To completely lock in odor, the interior surface features a slick ABS material that is great at containing the odors and makes the whole process of cleaning and maintaining the toilet. moreover, you can make better use of the waste tablets that come in handy in dissolving solid waste for easy disposal.
The portable campervan toilet features a spring-loaded latch and a powerful pump flush action to deliver a powerful flush action that you can easily forget that it is indeed a portable sprinter van toilet. At 11 pounds of weight, you can move it in and out of your sprinter van hassle-free.
- 2.6-Gallon detachable waste tank
- 3.75 –Gallon freshwater tank
- Pump flushing system
- ABS material inside construction
- Pump flush system for powerful flushing action
- Strong sturdy ABS resin construction for durability and reliability
- Comfortable toilet seat height perfect for all ages
- Drain spout out located in an awkward position
Dometic 976 Portable Toilet – Best for Medium-size Persons
- High-strength ABS construction withstands harsh environments; smooth, easy-to-clean finish
- Prismatic tank level indicator allows easy tank level monitoring
- Push-button flush clears bowl instantly
The Dometic 976 Portable Toilet features a clever design that incorporates space-saving qualities which make it a great contemporary addition for sprinter vans, RVs and camping tents. It comes in two sizes and in different colors. Moreover, with the adult-sized toilet seat, it offers exceptional comfort of home wherever you are camping.
It features a simple push-button technology that makes sure there is less pumping, less splashing but powerful and hygienic flush. The 5-gallon waste holding tank is integrated with an easy-to-view prismatic level indicator, you won’t be guessing when to empty the tank. Moreover, the extra-long spout allows easy emptying and cleaning of the waste tank.
The waste tank comes with a smell seal that enables the toilet to keep in some of the super foul odors, especially when open. The flush side comes with a tight gasket sealed sidetrack to completely block odor when closed. So, once installed in your sprinter van, you won’t experience any kind of foul smell.
- 2.3-Gallon self-contained freshwater flush tan
- Side latches
- Push-button flush operation
- Prismatic tank level indicator
- Full-size toilet seat
- High-strength ABS construction
- The powerful flush button delivers excellent flush
- High adult-size seat and lid for comfort and safety
- Side latches ensure firm locking of both tanks for added stability and safety
- The prismatic tank level indicator allows you to know when emptying is due
- A bit expensive
SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet – Best Chemical Camping Toilet
- GO IN COMFORT ANYWHERE: Whether heading off for an unforgettable backwoods camping trip or...
- #1 PORTABLE TRAVEL TOILET: Boating enthusiasts, frequent travelers And road tripping families...
- EXTRA LARGE TOILET TANK: The 5. 3 gallon toilet tank holds more than most other portable...
If you are a camping enthusiast and want a portable toilet for your sprinter van to hit the road to your next campsite, the SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet could be the real deal. It is perfect for frequent travellers, boating enthusiasts and road-tripping families or groups. It comes with a compact design that allows you to tag it along in your van without taking much space or weight your van down.
Its 5.3-gallon waste holding tank will hold more than enough of your waste meaning you will have fewer emptying occasions during your camping or road tripping. And with the waste tank level indicator, you will be sure when it is time to empty. The splash-free rotating pour-out spout will ensure the whole empty process is mess-free.
This chemical portable toilet is equipped with a piston pump flushing system that delivers a powerful flushing action for a sparkling clean bowl. The freshwater tank has a 3.2-gallon capacity and can give more than 50 flushes. Its drain valve is double sealed to protect against leaks and odors meaning you will have a great experience using this toilet unit.
It is made from high-density plastic materials that deliver sturdiness and durability yet are very light for convenient portability and for traveling for vans and boats.
- 5.3-Gallon waste holding tank capacity
- 3.2-Gallon freshwater tank capacity
- Rotating splash pour-out spout
- High-density polyethylene construction material
- Piston pump flush system
- The high-density polyethylene build material makes the unit strong, sturdy and durable
- A high-capacity waste holding tank ensures you have few emptying frequencies during your camping
- Waste tank level indicator allows you to know when it is time to empty to avoid inconveniences
- The toilet seat is a bit lower thus may be small for tall persons
Camco Toilet Seat – Best Bucket Toilet
- Bucket toilet seat transforms a standard bucket into a portable toilet
- Compatible with most 5-gallon buckets; includes (3) bucket bags
- Easy to attach; seat snaps securely onto the rim of your bucket
The Camco’s Portable toilet is one of the best bucket toilets that comes with a seat and is designed for all kinds of outdoor recreation. Whether you want it for camping, tailgating, fishing, hunting, or road tripping with your sprinter van, the Camco bucket-like toilet has you covered.
It features a 5-gallon capacity bucket that is, without a doubt, more than reliable for the entire family without any inconvenience on stability and portability. The smooth interior makes cleaning of this unit hassle-free compared to cassette and portable flushable toilets that often come in two parts.
The toilet seat snaps tightly over the rim of the bucket while the lid attachment ensures a tight seal to shut in the odors and prevent any leaks of waste. Besides, you can consider using waste bags that you can buy separately to contain all the waste for a mess-free sprinter van experience.
The bucket-toilet is made from durable plastic materials that are equally stable enough for use by persons of all ages. Moreover, it is lightweight making it easy to carry, empty and store in your sprinter van.
- Securely snapping seat
- 5-Gallon waste holding bucket
- UV-resistant durable polyethylene
- The toilet seat snaps tightly on the bucket rim to ensure no spillovers or odors
- Lightweight for easy and convenient carry for emptying
- Durable with UV-resistant polyethylene material construction
- The seat shuts too tight hence you might require using a tool to open it
ZIMMER Portable Toilet – Best Large Capacity Waste Tank
- Sturdy personal toilet features a full-sized seat and lid for comfort for adults and kids...
- Our outdoor toilet has a 3-gallon freshwater holding tank and 5-gallon waste-water holding...
- The freshwater tank and waste tank disconnect with easy-to-use side latches. Both tanks feature...
The Zimmer Portable Toilet features a modern design that perfectly fits in sprinter vans and camper vehicles. It is made from heavy-duty durable polyethylene for exceptional durability and stability for any camper, road or boat tripper. Owing to its affordable price, you don’t need to spend on rental toilets or walk miles to the nearest restroom.
It comes with a 3-gallon freshwater capacity with a liftable toilet seat. The large capacity water tank delivers up to 70 flushes before the need to refill arises. The easy on and off cap ensures refilling of water is a breeze. The 5-gallon waste tank at the bottom is tightly sealed with a valve for leak-free and odor-proof use. The ergonomic handles come in handy during transporting and emptying.
The slide valve on the toilet allows easy opening for waste during emptying and closes tightly during use to ensure odors are blocked in. besides, the caps provides a watertight sealing to prevent any leakage. Since this is a sprinter van portable toilet, you can buy deodorizing tables for the best odor-proof results.
The side latches hold the two tanks together for reliable stability during use. With the bellows pump attached, you will efficiently flush more yet you attain a powerful cleaning effect. It is lightweight, easy to assemble and convenient to travel within your sprinter van.
- Full-sized liftable toilet seat and lid
- 3-Gallon freshwater tank and 5-gallon waste holding tank
- Side latches
- High-density durable polyethylene
- Smell proof sealed valve
- Easy-to-use side latches help secure the waste tank and freshwater tank firmly for stability and reliability
- The sealed valves ensure no leaks and efficiently blocks odor from the waste tank
- The durable polyethylene construction ensures the long-lasting of this chemical toilet
- It may be difficult to empty with the pour-out valve on the top side
Thetford Corp Porta Potti – Best Battery-Operated Flush
- VERSATILITY: Award-winning, top-of-the-line portable toilet, suited for RVs, boats, trucks,...
- DESIGN: Sleek, modern, and homelike look, Porta Potti Curve comes with a comfortable seat...
- FUNCTIONALITY: Easy to use and clean, Curve has an ergonomic carrying handle, an integrated...
The award-winning and top-of-the-line Thetford Cord Porta Potti is a portable camping toilet that is perfect for sprinter van, RVs, Trucks, camping and an off-the-grid lifestyle. It features a sleek modern design that will bring your home toilet right into your van. With the comfortable seat height and the increased bowl size, you will have a comfortable bathroom experience.
The toilet unit is fitted with a battery-powered flush that produced exceptional flushing action for a hand-free sparkling toilet bowl. Moreover, the leak-proof construction of both the water and waste tank makes it easy to clean the entire toilet unit. The ergonomic carrying handle, integrated toilet paper holder and tank level indicator make using this toilet a breeze.
The campervan toilet is fitted with a tightly sealed valve to lock odor from escaping from the waste tank. The valve also ensures no leaking is experienced. The rotating pour-out spout ensures emptying of the waste tank mess-free without any backsplashes. If you are after off-the-grid lifestyles in your sprinter van and want the best toilet for the van, then this unit could be your solution.
- 4-Gallon freshwater tank and 5.5-gallon waste tank
- Integrated toilet paper holder
- Tank level indicator
- Mess-free pour out spout
- Standard toilet seat height
- Battery-powered electric flush
- Comfortable toilet seat height for ease of use by all ages
- The integrated toilet paper holder enables convenient toilet paper storing and reach-out
- Odor and leak-proof ensures odor-free and mess-free sprinter van environment
- Hold down kit to help secure your unit on the floor to stability during use
- The electric flush pump is prone to failure
- A bit expensive
Alpcour Portable Toilet – Best Comfortable
- THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE TOILET – No More Emergency Potty Runs While Camping, Boating or...
- AMAZING 50+ FLUSH CAPACITY – Built-In Piston Pump Flusher Provides Powerful Cleaning Action,...
- SUPER COMFORTABLE SETUP – Unit is Made of Durable, Heavy Duty Material That Naturally...
Whether you are going for a long weekend camping or road tripping the Alpcour Portable Toilet is an ideal accompaniment in your sprinter van. It is sized to fit in the small corner in your camper van to efficiency and durability when it comes to bathroom relieves. Since this is a travel-friendly cassette toilet system, you will enjoy the clean and comfortable services of a real home toilet devoid of complex plumbing.
It is equipped with a built-in piston pump flusher that provides a powerful hand-free cleaning action without the need for a second flush. The 3.2-gallon water tank carries enough water to deliver more than 50 flushes. This way, you won’t have to refill often. On the other hand, the 5-gallon waste tank will hold your waste for long before the need to empty arises.
This sprinter van toilet unit is made from heavy-duty materials that make it durable and stable enough for hassle-free use by even large persons. Besides, these materials naturally minimize the odor and are rust and corrosion resistant, hence the toilet will serve you for longer. The lightweight but sturdy construction and standard height toilet seat will comfortably support your entire family.
The toilet comes with a complete kit that features a handy case for storing or carrying your toilet should you want to shift it from your van or during emptying. And owing to its simple setup procedure, you have the best portable toilet for your sprinter van in this unit.
- Built-in piston pump flusher
- 5.3-Gallon waste tank
- Durable heavy-duty material construction
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion material
- The heavy-duty material construction ensures durability and stability
- Excellent piston pump delivers powerful flushing action for hand-free cleaning
- Larger waste tank capacity minimizes the emptying frequency
- The waste tank may not be odor and leak-proof
Shopley Portable Flush Toilet – Best Low Height
- 🌊【HDPE MATERIAL】: Each part of the portable toilet is made of high-density polyethylene...
- 🌊【EASY TO CLEAN】: Advanced design concept, and tailored for you; size enough to meet the...
- 🌊【IMPROVED FLUSHING SYSTEM】: Thanks to the built-in push rod and round nozzle, the water...
The Shopley Portable Flush Toilet is a sprinter van toilet that is constructed from high-density polyethylene through precision molding. The high-density polyethylene ensures high durability and sturdiness. Owing to its appropriate size and maximum load-bearing capacity of 220 pounds, it can surely meet your sprinter van bathroom needs.
This cassette toilet comes with a built-in push rod and round nozzle which can be pressurized to flush your solid waste evenly without using batteries or extra pipes. Besides, due to the reasonable design of the special nozzle, a water splash won’t happen. With the 3.2-gallon freshwater tank capacity, you will have excellent flushing of your waste and for longer.
The waste holding tank is a 2.65-gallon capacity that will allow you to use it as many times as possible before emptying. Moreover, the tank level indicator allows you to know when to empty conveniently. Whether you are camping in the wildest of areas or road tripping with your family or friends, you will have a dependable backup when nature calls.
- High-density polyethylene construction material
- 3.2-Gallon freshwater tank capacity
- 2.65-Gallon waste tank capacity
- 220 Pounds maximum load-bearing capacity
- Waste tank level indicator
- Improved flushing system – built-in push rod and round nozzle
- Durable and sturdy with high-density polyethylene built material
- Ergonomic and comfortable side handle allows for easy carrying and emptying of waste
- Waste tank level indicator allows you to know when waste disposal is due
- Water entrance tends to leak
- Require securing down to avoid toppling over during use
Flexzion Portable Camping Toilet – Most Durable
- 5.0 gallon holding tank is detachable
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against leakage
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
The portable toilet from Flexzion is one of the best campervan toilets you can ever have in your van. It will provide you with more comfort in your road-tripping and camping trip owing to its basic but essential features. It is made from high-density polyethylene material that makes is very sturdy for a rugged outdoors environment often in camping sites.
It comes in two-part; the top part being a 3.2-gallon freshwater tank capacity and the bottom being a 5.3-gallon capacity waste tank. The two tanks are detachable for hassle-free disposing of waste. The secure side latches ensure the tanks are held together during use and transport.
It features a piston pump or an alternative bellow-type 360 degrees spiral flush system for exceptional flushing of waste and cleaning of the toilet bowl. The toilet comes with individual handles for both tanks for convenient use while providing more leverage during relocation, maintenance and emptying.
The odor sealant valve gate makes a tight seal to ensure odor and leaks are not experienced when the toilet is installed inside your sprinter van. However, it is recommendable to add dedicated chemicals for flushing water and waste tank for even fewer odor experiences and easier maintenance.
- 5.3-Gallon waste tank capacity
- Standard height toilet seat
- 3.2-Gallon freshwater tank capacity
- High-density polyethylene construction
- Odor sealant valve gate
- Individual handle for both tanks
- Piston pump flushing system
- Features piston pump action manual flushing for dependable and clean flushing of the bowl
- Convenient handles to offer better leverage during emptying, transporting and maintenance
- High-density polyethylene construction for a credibly sturdy and durable portable toilet
- The small-sized toilet seat might not be great for some people
Do you Need a Toilet in your Sprinter van?
When deciding whether to have a toilet in your sprinter van, you need to answer the question of why you need one. Depending on your needs, where you will be spending your time with the campervan, a toilet may or may not be a necessity for you.
Convenience is one of the top reasons why you may need a toilet in your campervan. Without a doubt, there is nothing fulfilling like having your own bathroom in your campervan. You feel more comfortable, cleaner and you won’t have to worry when you have to go. When at the campsite, you won’t have to dig a hole among the tickets to answer a call of nature.
Safety is another key thing to consider. If you are camping solo with your campervan, you need to decide whether you feel comfortable and safe to answer nature’s call and it is late at night. Undoubtedly, if you have your own toilet in your camping van, you can stay and feel safe inside your van.
Where to dump the waste and how to clean it is perhaps the biggest downside of campervan toilets. You must consider where to dump your toilet waste and pay for the dump station fee. But if you own a compostable model, you have to keep up with putting kitty litter or chips in it to prevent foul smell, especially in the small space in your campervan.
Where to install/ put a toilet in your sprinter van?
Most people don’t have a toilet in their sprinter van perhaps for simply not having enough space for it. However, regardless of the brand or model of the toilet you buy, you have to find a space for it.
For that reason, it is important to have a toilet in mind when building your sprinter van. Crafting a space into your sprinter van especially for your toilet will help disguise it and make the entire place feel comfortable and cleaner as opposed to putting it under the closet. Even though space can be scarce in your campervan, you shouldn’t have space in plain sight.
Here are some of the ideal spaces you could consider placing your toilet.
Inside your shower
If you intend to build a shower in your sprinter van, it will then make sense if you have your toilet therein. The shower room will help keep it out of sight and everything in one space.
Between the two front seats
A portable toilet like Thetford can perfectly fit between your campervan two front seats. You only need to make a box to surround your toilet and make it look like an extra seat in front of your van.
Hidden in Bench Seating
You can place your toilet hidden under the bench seating, especially if you have a compostable toilet. Ideally, build into the van bench seating and place the seat cushions on the toilet seat and no one will notice that the toilet is inside.
Types of Campervan Toilets you can Consider for your Campervan
You have to make a decision on what kind of campervan toilet you want in your sprinter van. There are plenty of options available from simple bucket-like toilets to complex composting toilets. However, these options come with a varied budget and every sprinter van build.
If you have a limited budget, bucket-like toilets offer a great option for your sprinter van. For a bucket toilet like Camco Portable Toilet, or Luggable Loo come affordably bud offers great experience in your camping life. You only need to put it in a waste bag, snap the toilet seat and you are good to poop.
A cassette toilet is also a budget-friendly portable sprinter van toilet that comes with two separate parts. The bottom part of a cassette toilet is often a waste tank and tightly seals to keep odor and leaks away. Dometic 970-Series portable toilet is a perfect cassette toilet that you can consider having in your sprinter van. You can conceal it in a box that fits between the front row seats where you can conveniently reach it during an emergency and side it back after use.
You can also consider composting toilets like Nature’s Head Self-Contained toilet for your sprinter van. However, you have to shoulder the high prices that they come with.
Before you purchase the best toilet for sprinter van, have some time thinking about whether you need a toilet in your sprinter van or not. Regardless, having a toilet in your campervan add a level of convenience, especially when going for a long camping or road tripping adventure.
Moreover, with a toilet in your sprinter van, you won’t have the regular stops for bathroom needs. Fortunately, we have reviewed 10 options in the market that you can consider picking your best toilet for sprinter van that is perfect for your unique campervan design.