Copper is found naturally in water sources, soil, sediments, and rocks. However, most copper content found in our tap water results from corrosion in the plumbing systems.
High levels of copper concentration can affect your health adversely, thus the need to filter it out. Consider having your water tested in a laboratory to establish the copper content levels. Levels above 1.3PPM are considered a threat to your health.
Removing copper from your drinking water requires a filter that uses reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, ion-exchange, or distillation technology.
Below we provide the best water filter for removing copper.
Let’s get started.
Express Water Whole House Water Filter
- Whole House Water Filter: Reduce harmful contaminants from your entire home’s water with Express Water’s 3 Stage Water Filtration System. Standard Water Filter: Drink the healthiest water on Earth as your home water filter reduces over 52 different contaminants from your water including chlorine, rust, pesticides, and more.
- Express Water’s water filtration systems are ready to install with 1” inch standard connections. Easy to Replace Water Filter Cartridges: All Express Water whole house water filter replacement cartridges are designed for quick and easy replacement to keep your system up and running.
- Durable Whole House Water Filter: Express Water Whole Home Water Filtration Systems are constructed with standing stainless-steel frames for long term durability and quality.
This filter is certified against the NSF/ANSI as a water filter with the capability of removing not only copper but also most of the chemical components in your water.
Equipped with a coconut shell carbon block, the filter is in a position to remove the acidic content from your drinking water. This helps remove the copper content, as lowering your water’s PH is another way of eliminating it.
Additionally, this filter is fitted with a pressure release button that allows you to minimize water loss during the filter change. This feature helps you monitor and plan for a timely filter change.
The filter fits the bill of best filters for copper removal with a capacity of dispensing 0.25 gallons of water in its purification process. The system selectively filters out the unwanted chemicals and retains the essential ones in the desired quantities.
Connect this system at the point where the main supply line feeds water to your home; this will ensure all the incoming water to your home is treated. This gives you the confidence that your water is purified as you drink it.
- Removes most of the contaminants
- Great tasting water
- Easy to replace the filter
- High capacity
- The filter requires regular replacement.
FS-TFC 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- Supreme quality - designed, and assembled to guarantee water safety & your health.Remove Rate up to 99.999%，including chlorine, taste, odor, VOCs, as well as toxic fluoride, arsenic, lead, nitrates, heavy metals and 1000+ contaminants.Experience clean, safe, good-tasting water every time you turn on the faucet. Enjoy crystal clear ice cubes, fresher tea and coffee, better tasting foods, healthier baby formula – even better than most bottled water.
- Mini Size -High Flow Designed :Developed for household and commercial use, This Water Filtration System can be installed in your kitchen, bathroom, RV, or office .The tested full flow rate is 18L per hour at 60 Psi,means you can get 1 cup (200ml) of pure,fresh and great tasting water in 5 seconds.Completely satisfied with your daily water needs.
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation, Fits under a standard kitchen sink, with all parts included and clear, well-organized instructions and videos. Don’t need waste money on professional installation. quick and easy-to-understand design means you can install and understand everything about your new water filtration system.
To remove copper in drinking water, you can have this filter for the best results.
A 10o GPD capacity will give you great tasting water, which is copper-free.
It’s easy to maintain it as it requires replacement after 6 months or after purifying 4,000 gallons of water.
Investing in this filter saves your space, as it can easily fit under the sink, or you can mount it on the wall.
Apart from copper, this filter will remove many other different types of contaminants. It is also fitted with a timer that alerts you when you are required to change the filter.
Changing the filter for this purifier is an easy affair as all you have to do is twist the filter with the wrench provided and do the replacement.
The FS is high quality and meets high standards assuring you of optimal performance. This purification system improves your water quality, and you can tell the difference in the great taste and clean appearance.
- Removes copper
- Minimal water wastage
- Removes bad odor
- Great taste
- Advanced purification
- High maintenance cost
iSpring WGB32BM 3-Stage Water Filtration System
- Protect your family and household appliance from iron, manganese and more; our 3rd stage filter (FM25B) is specially designed for iron and manganese removal, reducing iron (MAX 3.0 ppm down to 0.01 ppm) and manganese (MAX 1.0 ppm down to 0.01 ppm); our filter lasts up to 3 times longer than greensand due to the catalytic media not being consumed in the process; the system also removes sediment, chlorine, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs and various other contaminants
- DIY installation and maintenance - refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1 in. NPT inlet / outlet and big blue 20 in. x 4.5 in. filter cartridges, the system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance
- Top-notch quality - the first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter is able to achieve filtration down to 5 microns; the second stage CTO Carbon Block filter is made of high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life. Both are tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. Both filters have a capacity of 100,000 Gal. of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year; the cartridges are individually wrapped to ensure freshness; please unwrap the cartridges before use
With this filter, your home is guaranteed purified water that doesn’t contain copper. Using the 3 stages filtration procedure, the end product is great-tasting water filtered from most contaminants.
Install this unit under your kitchen sink to minimize the distance that the water has to flow to get to the faucet. This reduces the chance of contamination since you require fewer water pipes to do this.
With this filtration system, you can have peace of mind knowing that the components meet the NSF/ANSI standards. This guarantees that the components are of good quality.
The two last stages of this system comprise activated carbon blocks. These stages ensure complete refining of your water, removing all the sediments that may have bypassed the first stage.
The activated carbon block is the best in removing copper impurities as it has a higher density that works better on the targeted contaminants. The copper components are attracted and trapped by the block.
At this point, your water is filtered from copper and other water contaminants. With a capacity of 100,000 gallons per year, your family is assured of pure water throughout. With the improved quality, you can relax and take up as much water as recommended.
- Refined purification process- 3 stages
- NSF/ANSI standardized
- Great performance
- Easy maintenance
- Easy installation
- High flow rate
APEC Water Systems, Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System
- Supreme quality - designed, engineered, and assembled in USA to guarantee water safety & your health.
- Only technology to remove up to 99% of contaminants such as chlorine, taste, odor, VOCs, as well as toxic fluoride, arsenic, lead, nitrates, heavy metals and 1000+ contaminants. Max Total Dissolved Solids - 2000 ppm. Feed Water Pressure 40-85 psi
- WQA Certified System. Premium long-lasting filters used to treat tap water, well water. Provide unlimited clean, refreshing crisp tasting water superior to bottled water
This filter uses 5 stages in its purification procedure. This means the end product is quality, great-tasting water that is copper-free.
It is known to eliminate up to 99% of the contaminants in your water, from heavy metals such as copper and sediments to organic components such as pesticides and herbicide impurities.
Copper, which is mainly found in water pipes, is easily removed at the first stage of this system. The consecutive stages work to refine your drinking water to eliminate almost all other impurities present.
Since you may not have control of the water pipes maintenance that join your home, installing this unit at the point of entry gives you peace of mind.
Through the reverse osmosis procedure, you are guaranteed that the result is pure water. The semi-permeable reverse osmosis membrane allows only water molecules to flow through.
Most people use this system to get rid of copper from their drinking water and end up with all-purpose pure water.
It saves on water wastage as the fittings do not leak. You don’t have to invest in a leak detector.
Since this filtration unit uses reverse osmosis technology, it has the added advantage of reducing the dissolved solids in your water. Additionally, this purifier is easy to install and maintain as the several filtration stages extend the filters’ life and the whole unit.
The process guarantees minimal contaminants in your water up to 50 GPD. It works well on different sources of water, including well water.
The APEC ensures that your household is supplied with purified water due to the fast flow rate and ability to withstand increased water pressure.
- Removes most of the contaminants
- Impressive performance
- Low maintenance
- High flow rate
- Great tasting water
- Removes foul odor
- Quite expensive
iSpring RCC7, Reverse Osmosis Drinking Filtration System
- This system is certified to NSF/ANSI 58. High Capacity Reverse Osmosis water filtration for safer, healthier water. This under sink mounted water filter and water softener removes up to 99% of over 1, 000 contaminants, including lead (removes up to 98% of lead), chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, sodium, and more.
- Experience clean, safe, good-tasting water every time you turn on the faucet. Enjoy crystal clear ice cubes, fresher tea and coffee, better tasting foods, healthier baby formula – even better than most bottled water.
- Easy, do-it-yourself installation, typically in a couple of hours with industry-leading help just a phone call away. Fits under a standard kitchen sink, with all parts included and clear, well-organized instructions and videos. For leak-free installation, simply push tubing ½ inch deep into quick-fitting connectors and lock - no threading pipes needed.
This system works both as a filtration system and a softener to improve water quality.
Being a 5 stage process, the final product is great-tasting water with no copper or other impurities. With clear housing for the first stage, it’s easy to monitor the filter as it wears out. This makes it possible for you to schedule timely filter replacement.
The three pre-filters remove copper, heavy metals, and organic impurities. They also protect the consecutive reverse osmosis membrane that is more delicate and expensive.
It’s easy to install this filter, and you don’t need a professional to do it, which saves you on installation cost. Additionally, with the sustainable flow rate, your home is guaranteed clean drinking water all through.
This filter system is NSF/ANSI certified, meaning the components used meet the desired quality standards.
It’s also highly durable, and it can serve you for many years when well maintained, which gives you value for your money.
With the system utilizing reverse osmosis technology, it becomes easy to eliminate the dissolved solids present in your water.
You can install it, either at the point -of- entry, where the main water supply joins your home, or under the sink. Either way, it will ably remove the copper in your drinking water.
With a capacity of 75 gallons per day, it can easily meet the water demand of large families.
The unit also withstands an increase in water pressure, making it easy to flush out any copper elements that may stick on your pipes.
- Easy to install
- Removes copper and other types of impurities
- Fast flow rate
- Low maintenance
- Easy replacement procedure
- Wastes water
Evaluate your daily water demand before settling on the filter to buy. Go for the one that will easily supply your home with enough volumes of copper-free water.
Get to know the water treatment technology that will work best for your household. This will be influenced by the type and amount of contaminants present in your water.
Filtration systems that use reverse osmosis, ion exchange, activated carbon, or a combination of either two do a great job in removing copper in your water.
Water filters that can eliminate copper vary greatly in cost. If your water doesn’t contain many impurities and your water demand is not so high, you can consider having a tabletop filter pitcher.
This ensures that your drinking water is pure since, after purification, there is no contact with pipes that may contaminate your water, and most are affordable.
Under the sink filters, ensure that the water doesn’t t flow for a long distance before getting to your outlet faucet. This minimizes the chances of copper contamination.
4. Water Quality
You need to know the amount of copper in your water before settling on the filter to buy. You can have your tap water tested by a professional.
He may also guide you on the best filter to invest in, given the nature and number of impurities in your water.
5. Water pressure
Your goal is to have your family supplied with filtered water throughout. A filter that can’t hold increased water pressure translates to a low flow rate. This means your home may not have sufficient clean water per day.
Copper is mainly found in the water pipes as a result of build-up and corrosion. To eliminate copper from your water, try to minimize your filter’s distance to the outlet faucet.
The under-sink filters, point of use, and tabletop filters work well in eliminating the need for long pipes after the water has been purified.
Consider a filter that has a long lifeline. The filter cartridges, RO membranes, activated carbon should last for a considerable duration before replacing.
This assures you that your home will have purified water all through.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can water filters remove copper?
Yes. As shown above, filters that use ion exchange, reverse osmosis, activated carbon, and nanofiltration works perfectly in removing copper in your drinking water.
2. Will a Brita filter remove copper?
Yes. Brita filters eliminate up to 98% of the copper content in your drinking water.
3. How do you get copper out of drinking water?
The easiest way is to leave your tap water running for a short while to eliminate the water held in the pipes. Regular flushing though it’s efficient, may lead to water wastage and may not be sustainable.
Investing in a water purifier is the most effective way used in eliminating copper in your well water. The carbon filter does a good job.
4. Does the ZeroWater filter remove copper in water?
Yes. Just like the Brita, the Zero water eliminates up to 99% of the copper content in your water.
5. Is the copper in drinking water dangerous?
Some small quantities of copper are necessary for a healthy body. However, high levels may lead to health issues such as kidney problems, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and liver complications.
Test your water to know whether copper levels in your water pose a threat to your health eventually. Use the water filters highlighted to get rid of the copper in your drinking water.
Beyond 1.3PPM content of copper in your drinking water will lead to health complications in the long run.
To mitigate this contamination, invest in any of the filters highlighted above. If your plumbing system comprises copper components, you may consider a point-of-use filter. This reduces the contact time of your water with the system after purification.
Further, invest in an acidic neutralizer in your tank; this will reduce the copper corrosion on your water appliances.
Regularly carry out a water analysis in a reputable lab to keep a tab on your filters’ performance in removing the copper content.
After buying the filter, keenly maintain it by replacing the filters and membranes on time.