Though the tap water is clear, it contains some contaminants that could affect your health.
You need to purify your drinking water further to get rid of the impurities and have a great smell and tasty water. That’s where a filter pitcher comes in.
Filter pitchers will eliminate the contaminants through the adsorption procedure, where they will bind them to the activated carbon. As tap water runs through the pitcher, the contaminants like metals, chemicals, and organic compounds are eliminated.
Other filter pitchers will use an ion-exchange resin as their primary filter media. Such pitchers also remove the hardness in your water by removing the calcium and magnesium ions in your water.
Let’s consider the best water filter pitcher for good housekeeping.
Brita Standard Everyday Water Filter Pitcher, White, Large 10 Cup
- The BPA-free Everyday water pitcher with filter holds 10 cups of water, enough to fill 3 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy-fill locking lid and is easy to pour; Height 10.47"; Width 5.59"; Length/Depth 10.94"; Weight 2.29 pounds
This is a filter pitcher designed to remove most of the contaminants in your drinking water.
With a capacity of 10 large cups, the pitcher can fill up to 3 water bottles. It’s also space-efficient as it can fit easily in your refrigerator or the shelves.
As you pour the filtered water, you don’t have to worry about spillage, as the spout is well-formed to prevent that.
This system eliminates chlorine contaminants in your drinking water, which gives you great tasting water free from bad odors.
It is also fitted with a replacement reminder which will allow you to plan and acquire the replacement filter in good time.
Timely replacement of the filters will see it last for up to 6 months without changing it.
Its recommended that you change the filter after purifying 40 gallons of water which gives you value for your money.
Consider protecting your household from water-related ailments as it will remove many of the contaminants, including copper, which could harm you over time.
Additionally, the top lid of this filter pitcher makes refilling an easy task.
- High performance
- It has an impressive capacity of 10 cups
- Fitted with filter replacement reminder
- Removes a wide range of contaminants
- It’s space-efficient as it easily fits on the fridge
- It can be hard to clean
Brita Standard UltraMax Water Filter
- The BPA-free UltraMax water dispenser holds 18 cups of water, enough to fill 6 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- Get great tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and replace 1,800 single-use plastic water bottles a year
- This space efficient filtered water dispenser fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an easy locking lid and precision pour spigot; Height 10.47"; Width 5.67"; Length/Depth 14.37"; Weight 3 pounds
Consider acquiring this filter that is BPA-free, which effectively removes most of the contaminants in your drinking water.
With a high capacity of 18 large cups, you are assured of purified water at all times.
The pour spigot of this filter is effective; you don’t have to worry about spillage as you pour your water.
Additionally, this Brita has an easy locking lid which makes refilling a hassle-free ordeal.
Its average size and sleek design make it a favorite for most households as it can effortlessly fit in your refrigerator or the shelves.
In its purification process, the dispenser can remove most harmful contaminants such as mercury, chlorine, lead, and copper.
The dispenser’s ability to eliminate chlorine from your water gives it a great taste and removes the foul chlorine odor.
It’s fitted with an electronic reminder which makes it easy to plan and change the filter in good time, keeping you supplied with pure water at all times.
The standard filter in this system can serve you effortlessly for 2 months, or an equivalent of 40 gallons.
However, if you choose to go for the long-lasting filter, which is compatible with this system, You will have 120 gallons of purified water.
This filtration system is easy to install and maintain. You don’t need to incur an extra installation cost. To ensure you only get pure water, after buying it flush it with cold water for about 15 seconds.
This will guarantee that the carbon dust that may be hinged on its wall is flushed out. After that, your filter is now ready for use.
The absence of pre-soak and black flecks makes this system a favorite for most households.
Additionally, this filtration system is easy to use and clean. During filter replacement, you can clean the whole system thoroughly for maximum benefit.
- High capacity-18 cups
- Easy to install
- Fitted with an electronic filter change indicator
- Space efficient
- Low on maintenance
- Minimal water wastage
- Value for money
- Has leakage concerns
Waterdrop Lucid 10-Cup NSF Certified Water Filter Pitcher
- Certified filtration: The pitcher is NSF 42 certified for the reduction of chlorine, taste and odor. It is also NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using multi-stage water filter technology, this water filter pitcher can effectively reduce arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other contaminants in water. Drink more water everyday with Waterdrop. The replacement filters are available for purchase! (search model: WD-PF-01A Plus).
- Elite choice: Waterdrop pitcher is made of high-grade BPA-free plastic and has an ergonomic handle, which makes for easy handling. Because the pitcher uses silver-loaded activated carbon and highly efficient ACF from Japan, you can rest assured that you will enjoy optimal performance. Waterdrop is your elite choice.
- What is TDS: The main purpose of the Waterdrop filter is not TDS reduction. "TDS" stands for "total dissolved solids", which are basically inorganic salts and a small amount of organic matter. The filter can reduce harmful substances while retaining beneficial calcium and magnesium, which are the main components of inorganic salts. If you want to physically reduce TDS, your best option is the Waterdrop RO system. Waterdrop tells the truth and provides multiple options for you.
Drink great-tasting water every day produced by this filter pitcher. The Waterdrop is NSF certified under different categories to remove a wide range of contaminants in your drinking water.
With 7-stage filtration technology, this unit guarantees high-quality water.
Since it has an effective handle, it becomes easy to use it when refilling or replacing the filter.
Additionally, it’s BPA-free, meaning that the plastics that it’s made of, do not comprise harmful chemicals that could dissolve in your water and pollute it.
This unit has an optimal performance which is enabled by the effective activated carbon filter.
Longevity-wise, the Waterdrop is unmatched; the pitcher will effortlessly produce 200 gallons before the need to replace it arises.
Being a 10 cup water filter, you can rely on it for a large family or in times when you have meetings to supply your people with pure water.
The impressive sleek design lets you store it in either your refrigerator or at the countertop without much struggle. Additionally, the design at the top protects dust particles from entering the pitcher.
For the Lucid pitcher, you don’t have to open it every time to dust it off or refill. The spout is completely protected from impurities by the innovative spout design.
You can use the gravity induction indicator that comes with this system to tell when you need to replace the filter.
This system also has a high flow rate of up to 0.5 gallons per minute. This assures you of purified water all through.
Get the Lucid pitcher filter to secure your family from infections resulting from contaminated water.
It will eliminate over 90% of impurities in your water, suitable for good housekeeping.
- High performance
- It fits in a refrigerator
- Spout protected from dust
- BPA free material
- High flow rate
- Easy to install and maintain
- High holding capacity
- Suitable for a large family
ZeroWater ZD-018 ZD018, 23 Cup Water Filter Pitcher with Quality Meter
- 23 Cup Water Dispenser: With a slim tank and no-drip spigot, ZeroWater's filtered water dispenser is great for office or home use. Pour a glass of filtered, clean tasting water while the reservoir keeps filtering, includes a water quality meter
- Five Stage Water Filtration: Unlike many water filters and pitchers, ZeroWater filters use 5 stages of filtration, to bring you cleaner, better tasting water. Instead of carbon filtering only, our filters use Ion Exchange Technology to reduce contaminants
- Not An Ordinary Water Filter: ZeroWater filters filter water in 5 stages, are NSF certified to reduce lead and other heavy metals. Zerowater removes 99.6 percent of total dissolved solids, 2X more than the leading brand (tested by independent lab)
This filter system also serves as a dispenser and has a high capacity to hold 23 cups of water. It will meet your large household’s or office’s demand for pure water.
The filter, which uses a five-stage filtration process, removes most of the impurities in your water to give you quality, great-tasting content.
With the several stages of purification, whereby the first stage removes large particles and metals, the second removes suspended solids while the third eliminates organic compounds.
The fourth stage gets rid of inorganic impurities as the fifth stage holds the resin in place.
This Zerowater filter uses an ion-exchange technique to get rid of the impurities in your water. This technology produces high-quality water for your family.
It also reduces the total dissolved solids (TDS) to the desirable levels. Furthermore, it’s fitted with a TDS meter that you will use to measure the TDS levels of the filtered content.
High levels of TDs can harm you; eventually, that’s why it’s important to keep track of the amount you consume. Take note that the level should fall between 150-500PPM.
This pitcher is NSF certified to remove lead and other heavy metals from your water. This should give you peace of mind, knowing that you will end up with quality water.
Its equipped with a well-designed handle with great grip; thus, you need not worry about the pitcher slipping from your hand.
Further, the sleek design allows you to save on space on either the fridge, shelves, or countertop, where you decide to place it.
The well-designed spigot on the pitcher helps you conserve water by minimizing spillage as you pour. Additionally, with the spigot, it’s hard to have leakages compared to other designs.
Consider having this filter for your filtration process as it’s also BPA free which makes it popular in most homes.
Cleaning this pitcher is easy and doesn’t consume much of your time. Maintaining it is also easy as you need to replace the resin filter once a year for maximum benefit and optimal performance.
- High-quality water
- Slim design that fits in the fridge
- Easy to maintain
- Lowers TDS
- High capacity
- It has a quality meter
- Easy to handle
- Removes most of the contaminants
- No leakage
- Strong spigot
PUR CR1100CV Classic Filter Pitcher
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Quickly and easily enjoy cleaner, filtered water in your fridge with the PUR 11-Cup Classic Water Pitcher. This water filter pitcher features an easy-fill lid and a built-in LED filter life indicator.
- REDUCES CONTAMINANTS – PUR Classic Water Pitcher Filter System contains PUR filter PPF900Z, which is certified to reduce 2X more contaminants than Brita filter OB03.**
- WHY WATER FILTRATION? Tap water may look clean, but can contain potentially harmful pollutants & contaminants from traveling through pipes. PUR pitcher water filters reduce these contaminants and substances.
Get yourself this certified filter for purifying your drinking water from a wide range of contaminants.
With the 11-cup capacity, it will keep your family or office supplied with enough pure water for a long time.
This masterpiece has a slim design that will easily fit on your refrigerator, shelves, or countertop.
Fitted with an LED filter life indicator, you will be in a position to keep tabs on it and plan to change in good time.
Your tap water will not taste the same upon using this filter. It will taste and smell better. By reducing the total dissolved solids, this pitcher further protects you from health complications brought about by consuming contaminated water.
The unique top cap design ensures that the contaminants are trapped efficiently as the system is secured.
The PUR pitcher will trap both the large and tiny impurities to produce the great-tasting content at the end of the purification process.
This PUR purification system that also eliminates lead contaminants in your water will produce 40 gallons of pure water before you need to change the filter.
Replacing the filter for this pitcher is effortless, simply inserting the new one and twisting to lock, running cold water through for 15 seconds to get rid of any dust particles.
Unlike most pitchers in the market that demand a time-consuming procedure to change it.
Do this after every 2 months, and you are guaranteed purified content all through.
This pitcher’s spout is rightly protected from dust by the overlying design at the top, making it possible to have pure content that is not contaminated.
It’s easy to handle, refill and clean this filter for continued high performance. Protect your household from water-related infections by having this system for your home.
- Easy to refill
- Great performance
- Easy to clean
- Low maintenance
- Value for money
- Saves on space
- Reduce TDS
- Removes lead and other contaminants
- It fits in your fridge
- Slow filter rate
Ehm Ultra Premium Alkaline Filter Pitcher
- PREMIUM QUALITY: When it comes to our EHM Alkaline Water Pitchers, we make a point of using nothing but the finest materials available, as well as state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and strict quality control. Each of our high capacity water tank 3.8L pitchers has a filtration capacity of 2l, and is conveniently shaped to perfectly fit into your refrigerator!
- GREATLY IMPROVED HYDRATION: By micro-clustering and reducing water molecule size, this great water ionizer pitcher produces easily-absorbable alkaline water that will get you hydrated faster and more effectively. Filtered alkaline ionized water contains minimal free radicals and toxins, is a powerful antioxidant and enhances your energy levels and immune system.
- COMPOSITE 6 STAGE FILTER CARTRIDGE: By utilizing a specially formulated 6-stage filter, the EHM Alkaline Water Pitcher removes chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants from water, sets its pH to a basic value up to a 10 PH depending on the source water. It also adds calcium, magnesium, and potassium minerals and anti-oxidants, and provides a low negative ORP between -100 and -200 mv.
Consider having this filter for your water filtration process to remove most of the contaminants and improve your alkaline water’s PH to the desired value.
Boost your immune system and keep yourself energized by consuming the great-tasting and smelling water produced by this pitcher.
The alkaline ionized water that it produces will keep you hydrated for longer, as the water acts as an antioxidant.
Using the unique 6 stage filter, the EHM produces high-quality water free from chlorine, metals, pesticides, and other inorganic compounds. It will also lower the total dissolved solids levels of your water to desirable levels.
The filter also retains the essential healthy minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium required by your body in the end product to ensure your health is perfectly protected.
Simple installation procedure and high purification rate by this filter provide you with the best quality in minutes.
The well-refined spout with a lid top that fits perfectly ensures you have minimal wastage as you pour and refill.
By removing chlorine from your water, the filter will produce sweet tasting and smelling mineralized water.
Additionally, the alkaline ionized mineral content that it produces will protect you from the adverse effects of free radicals contained in the water.
If you are among the sporty people, or you like keeping fit, this is the pitcher for you. Water with a balanced PH as the one produced by this pitcher keeps you hydrated for longer.
In case of an injury, recovery is faster when using the lowered PH water that it produces.
Replace the filter every two months to enjoy the maximum benefits and high performance.
- Mineralized water
- High filtration rate
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Balances the PH
- High capacity
- Removes most contaminants
- Easy to refill
- Not NSF certified
Epic Pure Filter Pitchers for Drinking Water
- Filtered water pitcher for refrigerator: This large water filtration pitcher for refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. This space efficient gravity water filter system jug fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves and is great for families. H 10"; W 6"; L 10"; Weight: 2 lbs. This solid carbon block water purifier pitcher with filter will keep your family drinking clearly filtered water for years to come. Rigorously tested against NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, 401, and P473 (NSF 53 Water Filter)
- Fluoride water filters: Proprietary formulated carbon block water filter to remove fluoride. Designed and tested to remove chlorine. Lead Water Filter: 6mm thick carbon block removes lead. PFAS Water Filter: Designed and tested to remove the Forever Chemical PFOA PFOS PFC. 1,4-Dioxane Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of 1,4-Dioxane in drinking water. Haloacetic Acids (HAAs) Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of Haloacetic acids.
- Tap water filter: Proprietary solid carbon block filter removes 2000% more contaminants than the leading water filter pitcher including Total Trihalomethanes, Chromium 6, Fluoride, Chloramines, Bromodichloromethane and much more. 6mm thick solid carbon block water filters protect you and your family from contaminants that other filters miss. Smart filter media keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water, which a reverse osmosis system will strip out.
The unique proprietary carbon filter that removes fluoride from your drinking water not only removes contaminants but also protects your dental formula from coloration.
This Epic system eliminates most of the contaminants in your water, including chlorine which ensures that the water produced smells and tastes better.
It also removes the stubborn PFOA and PFOS chemicals that are hard to eliminate for the most average filters. The chemicals are also referred to as forever chemicals due to their stubbornness during purification.
Protect your family from water-related ailments with this pitcher by removing the undesirable impurities in your water.
Save your space with this pitcher as it will effortlessly fit in your fridge or the shelve as you choose.
Since this pitcher is certified against the NSF standards, you can rest assured that the components that make it are of the desired quality and that the final product will be of high quality.
This unit will retain the essential minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water to keep your body healthy as you need them for better health.
The LED timer that counts downwards from 90 days enables you to plan and schedule the filter changing process in advance. This ensures that at all times, your family is supplied with purified content.
When using the premium, long-lasting filter, this BPA-free system has the capacity to produce up to 150 gallons of contaminants-free water.
Play your part in protecting the environment by reducing the plastic bottle environmental pollution. Furthermore, this pitcher will produce water that is of equal quality to the bottled water.
The selective purification procedure that this pitcher utilizes ensures that the essential minerals such as calcium and potassium are not filtered. This works to boost your immune as the minerals are essential for your health.
The high performance of the long-lasting unit makes it a favorite for most households.
Refilling this filter is easy; with the wide opening, you don’t have to worry about water loss through spillage.
The spout is adequately covered to protect the pitcher from dust particles.
With the 10 cup capacity and the high flow rate, your family can access filtered water in minutes.
- Retains essential minerals
- Removes chlorine odor
- Fast filtration rate
- Removes fluoride
- It saves space as it fits in a fridge.
- High-quality water
- NSF/ ANSI certified
- High performance
When buying a filter pitcher, consider the following.
1. Water Quality
Evaluate the contaminants in your water to know the right pitcher for you. You need to invest in a TDS meter, too, to know whether you will need a pitcher that lowers the TDS levels of your drinking water.
2. Filtration Rate
You need a filter that performs the purification fast. This will keep your household supplied with pure water at all times.
3. Water Demand
Consider the amount of filtered water that you require to meet your pure water demand for your home. It will influence the size of the pitcher you buy. Pitchers range from a 7 cup pitcher to a 20 cup pitcher.
The design and size of the pitcher will influence where you keep it. Consider having a slim design pitcher that can easily fit in your refrigerator.
Evaluate the budget you have for the unit; some brands may be unnecessarily expensive, yet they perform poorly in purification. Go for one that fits your budget and performs well.
6. Stages of Filtration
Depending on the quality of your water, be guided on the ideal stage filter for your water. A five-stage system will do a thorough filtration as opposed to a two-stage filter.
7. Filter Change Reminder
The best filters are fitted with a reminder as it’s easy to forget to replace the filter. This would compromise the quality of water that your family is drinking.
A reminder will help you plan and schedule the replacement in good time.
A good filter should serve you for a long time. You don’t want to be spending money on pitchers every other year.
9. Easy to Use
Go for a pitcher that is easy to handle, refill and operate even for a third party. This means even when you are not around, your family will effortlessly access purified water.
10. Improve Taste
Get a system that will eliminate the chlorine, lead, and chloramines impurities in your water. This way, you are assured of great-tasting content that is free from the chlorine foul odor. Additionally, this will encourage your family to drink more water.
Go for a unit that is certified by the relevant bodies. This way, you will have peace of mind knowing the components that make up the unit meets the quality requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best water filter pitcher brand?
This depends on whether the brand meets your expectation. Establish whether your main aim is to get rid of chlorine or is it to lower your water’s PH? So a good one depends on what you intend to achieve.
Go for a filter that will satisfy your needs best.
2. Which water filter removes the most contaminants?
A filter that uses two filters or has several filtration stages does a great job eliminating most of the contaminants in your water.
3. Is the Zero water filter better than Brita?
Both are big brands when it comes to water purification. However, the Brita has a higher rating when it comes to improving your water’s taste and odor. Zerowater is known to retain some metallic taste in your water.
4. Do filter pitchers reduce the total dissolved solids in the water?
Some brands are known to lower TDS impurities in their purification procedure. These may be more expensive as they have to apply unique technology to lower the TDS levels.
5. Do I have to filter my tap water?
Yes. It’s advisable to filter your tap water further though it may appear clean. The contact of your water with the pipes and your plumbing system may compromise your water quality.
6. Are water filter pitchers worth it?
Yes. Filter pitchers are worth every penny. By investing in a filter pitcher, you are protecting your family from water-related ailments.
Continued consumption of contaminated water is risking your health over time.
7. How often should I replace the filter?
Most filter pitchers will last two months before requiring replacement. You may also replace the filter after it produces 40 gallons of pure water.
8. How does a filter pitcher compare to bottled water?
Though some people may feel that the bottled water is of superior quality, they could be wrong. Some pitchers produce water that is high quality. By reducing chlorine, the filtered water is usually great tasting.
9. What is BPA-Free?
This means the plastic that has been used to make the pitcher doesn’t contain harmful chemicals that may dissolve in the water polluting it.
As you purchase your filter, check out for this aspect as filters without this pitcher could mean your filtered water contains the chemicals.
10. How do I change the water pitcher’s filter?
Most pitchers will have a manual for this. However, in case it’s missing, this is how you do it.
- Get a basin and fill it with cold water.
- Soak the new filter for 15 minutes and let it be fully submerged
- Take it out and briefly drain it.
- Insert the filter in the pitcher
- Refill your pitcher fully and drain that water a minimum of three times. This is to activate the carbon filter.
- Refill it once more to filter your water which is now ready for drinking.
Investing in a filter pitcher for your home is a step in the right direction. Apart from providing you with great-tasting and smelling water, the filters protect your overall health by eliminating water-based harmful contaminants.
In most instances, the filters are inexpensive. This means you can easily afford to purify water and eventually protect your family.
No matter your water source, you will have to further filter your water, given that the pipes and the plumbing system may affect the quality of your water. Filter pitchers will eliminate these contaminants effortlessly.
From the comprehensive review above and the buyers’ guide, you are in a position to make the right choice when buying a filter pitcher for your home.