Best Water Filter Pitcher for Taste
Are you looking for an easier way to enjoy clean filtered water at the comfort of your home? Well, you have come to the right place. With a good water pitcher, you get better tasting water that is free from impurities.
Unlike the whole house water filtration system, a water filter pitcher is easy to use, maintain, and the price is a bit lower than an RO system.
There are filter pitchers specifically designed to eliminate bad taste, some for odor, and some go further to remove contaminants from your water.
Before you go out there searching for a water filter pitcher, you need to identify your needs. It would be best if you highlighted what you want your water pitcher to do for you.
This article will review the best water filter pitcher for taste that get and enjoy clean filtered water without odor.
Let’s get started.
Seychelles 1-40401-W Radiological Family Water Filter Pitcher
- The Radiological filter removes the four basic zones of contamination: Aesthetic (Chlorine,...
- Reservoir holds one half gallon of water.
- BPA Free Easy to Use.
Are you worried that your tap water might be contaminated with radioactive compounds? Seychelles Radiological Water Filter Pitcher is one of the few pitchers that can effectively remove radioactive contaminants from your water.
This filter pitcher does not only remove radioactive elements from water. It also does a great job in bad taste and odor removal.
Getting yourself a Seychelles Radiological Water Filter Pitcher will save you lots of money you could have spent getting a filtration system. With its multi-stage filter design, you are assured that your drinking water is clean and safe for your health.
This little beast is everything you need in your home because it can remove heavy metals like lead, chlorine, and other industrial chemicals from your tap water.
The Seychelles Pitcher is designed with BPA-free plastic and has a water capacity of 0.5 or 8 cups, making it ideal for families.
The only downside we saw with this filter pitcher is its price. The replacement filter of the Seychelles water filter pitcher is a bit high too.
However, you can buy another filter pitcher with a cheap filter (like Brita) so that you pre-filter your water with the cheap filter and then pour your water into the Seychelles Radiological Water Filter Pitcher. This trick will save you the money you will use on replacing the filter.
Although Seychelles Radiological Water Filter Pitcher is expensive, it is the only filter pitcher that can remove radioactive contaminants and lead from your drinking water.Note: This filter pitcher is only recommended for tap water treatment, so you cannot use it to filter well water.
- The best for removal of radioactive compounds.
- Removes heavy metals from your tap water like lead.
- Long filter life (2 to 3 months).
- Eliminates chemical contaminants like chlorine.
- High maintenance cost because the replacement filter is pricey.
Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
- Clearly Filtered makes filters for people who are skeptical about what's in their water. Give...
- ✅FILTER OUT FLUORIDE & FOREVER CHEMICALS: Independently tested to remove Fluoride, Lead, and...
- ✅NEXT BEST ISN'T EVEN CLOSE: You could filter water through the top 5 most popular water...
If you want the best filtration performance, the Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher is the ideal filter pitcher for you. One thing to remember, it doesn’t come cheap.
This multi-stage pitcher is one of the few water filter pitchers that can effectively remove microorganisms from your drinking water. Clearly Filtered water pitcher has a filter that has very tiny pores that filters out cysts and bacteria.
What we liked most about this water filter pitcher is its ability to remove radiological contaminants, heavy metals like lead, and chemical contaminants like fluoride while improving your drinking water taste.
We know you want a water filter pitcher for taste, but this filter pitcher offers you more than good-tasting water. What’s the point of drinking water that has a great taste but full of contaminants? Clearly Filtered Water Filter Pitcher is what you need for clean, healthy drinking water free from bad taste and odor.
That’s not all. This water filter pitcher has a great lifespan of 100 gallons of water. You can never go wrong with this water filter pitcher if you want a pitcher with an amazing filtration performance.
- It does a great job than other water filter pitchers when it comes to removing water impurities.
- Made with BPA-free plastic
- Large cup capacity of 10 cups
- Clearly Filtered pitcher is expensive.
- Not NSF certified
pH Replenish Glass Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- DRINKING NATURALLY FILTERED PURIFIED ALKALINE WATER CAN IMPROVE HEALTH & WELLBEING – Reducing...
- INCLUDES MULTI-STAGE ‘pH ON-THE-GO’ ALKALINE WATER FILTER (search B07DXJL4G5) with...
- HUGE FILTER CAPACITY - Each pH ON-THE-GO 3.5oz (100g) Filter Bag lasts an incredible 1700...
If you love Invirogated water pitchers, then the pH Replenish Glass Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher was specifically designed for you. This pitcher doesn’t only have a beautiful design but is also a good alternative to your plastic filter pitcher.
We loved the most about its beautiful glass design and the ability to filter impurities effectively. With this pitcher on your kitchen counter, you will be the talk of the town after the dinner party.
This pitcher uses a multi-stage pH on-the-go alkaline water filter pocket as pH Vitality. pH Replenish Glass Alkaline water pitcher can remove sediment, chlorine, other impurities, and even heavy metals.
That’s not all. This pitcher is not only good for filtering and storing drinking water, but it also adds minerals to your drinking water, making it alkaline and healthy too.
We love the fact that it does a lot, and its price is affordable. With this pitcher, nothing will stop you from drinking healthy and better-tasting water free from odor.
The filter capacity of pH Replenish (105 Gallons of water) is big enough to serve you and your family.
- Constructed using glass, making the pitcher look beautiful.
- Versatile filter pitcher that can be used as a juice pitcher
- Durable filter
- It comes in a modern style
- The glass design is fragile and can easily break.
Nakii Water Filter Pitcher
- LONGEST LASTING – 150 GALLONS – 4 TIMES MORE THAN OTHERS! The NAKII pitcher filter is...
- ADVANCED FILTRATION TECHNOLOGY- HIGHEST RATE CHLORINE AND MERCURY REMOVAL! The Nakii filter is...
- CONSTANTLY TESTED AND CERTIFIED FOR ITS PERFORMANCE BY THE WQA! We are not just claiming filter...
Nakii Water Filter Pitcher is another long-lasting filtration system that is efficient for removing bad taste and odor in water. It uses an Activated carbon filter to remove up to 97% of water contaminants, not forgetting lead, mercury, and other chemical contaminants.
This filter pitcher is long-lasting due to its capacity of 150 gallons of water so you can use it 300 times before the filter is replaced.
Coming from a Japanese company, Nakii is no doubt a high-quality filter pitcher. It does come in a sleek and compact design, making it easier to place the filter pitcher in your refrigerator.
If you want value for your money, Nakii water filter pitcher is definitely what you need. Although its size is small, we like how fast this pitcher filters water. In less than 2 minutes, Nakii gives you 7 1/2 cups of filtered drinking water.
Amazingly, you don’t have to break the bank to buy this water filter pitcher. With less than $30, you can get this small yet effective pitcher.
That’s not all. Getting a certified water filter pitcher is critical. You need a guarantee that the product you’re using has met the WQA standards and is NSF certified too. Nakii has been tested and is NSF/ANSI certified for its high filtration performance.
- Removes up to 97% of contaminants in drinking water.
- Uses activated carbon filter.
- Easy to refill the pitcher
- The pitcher size is small
pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher
- PITCHER FILTER FOR HIGH PH ALKALINE WATER - Made with premium quality BPA-free plastic, our PH...
- CONVENIENT, MODERN DESIGN, EASY TO USE - Built in a modern anti-slip design, our restore filter...
- HUGE FILTER CAPACITY AT A GREAT VALUE - Each pH Restore Alkaline water pitcher filter can...
pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher is bigger than most of the products we have reviewed. This pitcher has a capacity of 1500 cups/ 96 gallons per PH001 filter.
If you’re that kind of person who likes going extra, pH Restore Pitcher is the best water filter pitcher for your home. pH Restore not only filters your water; it adds some alkalinity and healthy minerals to your drinking water making the water taste better and healthy.
The Invigorated 2 in 1 filter pitcher also does a great job removing heavy metals, chemical contaminants, and harmful bacteria.
pH Restore can take the filtration process a notch higher. The filter comes in a Micro Net System packed with activated coconut carbon charcoal, zeolite, and ion exchange resin. All these stacked layers work together to eliminate contaminants in your drinking water.
When it comes to its construction, the pH Restore is made of BPA free plastic and has a flip-flap lid that makes it easier to refill the pitcher.
- Improves the taste and smell of your water
- Easy to use
- Filters water fast giving you alkaline water
- Durable filter
- Eliminates a wide range of contaminants
- Designed with a filter life indicator
- Reduces plastic odor in drinking water
- Does not have a pH meter, so it doesn’t show the pH of water.
- The lid flips when pouring the water.
Brita Standard Everyday Water Filter Pitcher
- This Everyday water pitcher is made without BPA, easy to fill, fits in most fridges and can...
- This space efficient Brita pitcher is fridge friendly, features an easy-fill lid to make...
- Get great tasting water without the waste
Brita has been the leading water filter pitcher brand for a long time now, and they have consistently satisfied customers with their high-quality filters. Brita’s Standard Everyday Pitcher is perfect for those who are looking for a regular, reliable water filtration system that will last as long as your family needs it to. The Brita pitcher uses a filter designed to purify chlorine, light and heavy metals out of the water, providing you with quality water with a great taste and smell.
Filters make between 30 and 40 gallons of water for each filter and have a lead-reduction certification that meets the EPA’s requirements. The filters are easy to use; after simply pouring some water into the top of the pitcher, you have to wait for the water to filter through and then pour it! It’s easy enough even for kids or senior citizens to use.
A great feature of the Brita pitchers is that they come in various sizes so you can choose whatever best fits your family.
The Brita Standard Pitcher is perfect for small families or individuals. It holds about 10 cups of water enough to serve your small family.
This pitcher is made of BPA-free plastic and can serve you for about two months (40 gallons of water) before replacing the filter. It uses standard filters, but you can opt to get a long-last filter if you want the filters to last longer.
We noticed a downside of this Brita pitcher, the no flap open design makes it odd. It could have been better if the lid could be flipped. The pouring spout does not have a lid to cover it too.
- Great for eliminating contaminants
- Small in size, making it easier to fit in any refrigerator
- Eliminates bad taste and odor from drinking water
- No lid for the pouring spout
LifeStraw Home Water Filter Pitcher
- NEXT LEVEL PROTECTION. Life Straw Home is the only water filtration pitcher that protects...
LifeStraw is a popular brand known for outdoor filter pitchers. This time around, they outdid themselves with this LifeStraw Home Water Filter Pitcher that effectively removes contaminants like bacteria and other microorganisms from your drinking water.
Are you worried that your tap water is contaminated with germs? LifeStraw water filter pitcher can get rid of those worries by eliminating all those contaminants except viruses. This water filter pitcher is made of glass, but you can get a plastic LifeStraw pitcher from Amazon if you don’t want a glass pitcher. They both have 3-stage filtration systems.
The first stage contains a 0.2-micron microfilter that removes microorganisms like bacteria, protozoa, cysts, and 99.9% of microplastics. The second and third stages have activated carbon filter and ion resin, respectively, which remove heavy metals, chemical contaminants, bad taste, and odor.
We liked LifeStraw’s filter life span ( 264 gallons of water), this water pitcher will serve you for a whole year with your family. The only downside we faced is that the glass pitcher isn’t big enough to serve a whole family. It holds up to 7 cups, so that means you will have to refill the pitcher frequently.
However, the downsides of this pitcher shouldn’t discourage you. LifeStraw is one of the few pitchers that are capable of removing contaminants from your drinking water.
- Filters contaminants, including bacteria
- Made of strong glass
- Has an attractive design
- Filters water at a slow speed
- The pitcher is small
AquaBliss 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
- LONGEST LASTING – DARE TO COMPARE: While most leading water purifier filters last a paltry...
- JUST CLEAN, CRISP, FRESH TASTING PURE DRINKING WATER, BPA-FREE: FILTER PITCHER REDUCES the FULL...
- FASTEST & EASIEST TO USE – SIMPLY fill your water purifier jug with unfiltered water and...
Are you looking for a large-capacity water filter with a high filtration performance at an affordable cost? Then AquaBliss 10 Cup Water Pitcher will serve you perfectly. This pitcher is ideal for bigger families and ideal for removing odor, thus improving your tap water taste.
When we say that this water pitcher beats other water filter pitchers when it comes to capacity we mean exactly what we say, the pitcher can hold up to half a gallon of water. However, you have to be careful not to fill it up because you might notice leaking.
Apart from the capacity, the filter filters water at high speed about 2-3 minutes offering you better tasting water free from common contaminants instantly. You can pour water into the pitcher while it’s working, but you have to be extra careful not to mix the unfiltered water with the filtered water.
If you want a water filter pitcher that will make your water alkaline, then AquaBliss is not for you because this water filter pitcher balances your water’s pH.
The pitcher is designed with a BPA plastic-free material for its construction, but the parts are a bit unstable.
The AquaBliss pitcher comes with a replacement filter, and it uses one filter cartridge. We didn’t like this pitcher because it cannot remove all the contaminants on your tap water. You might have to get another pitcher to help you remove all contaminants in your water.
However, if your target is to remove chemicals like chlorine, mercury, zinc, and copper, it is also a great sediment remover.
- Has a filter life indicator
- Easy to clean the pitcher
- High-speed performance
- Offers better-tasting water
- Lower maintenance cost
- Large capacity is good for large families
The lid is made of weak material, and it can easily get damaged
Brita Longlast Monterey Water Filter Pitcher
- This BPA-free Monterey water pitcher is easy to fill, fits in most fridges and can hold 10 cups...
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an...
- Get great tasting water without the waste*; by switching to Brita Longlast+, you can save money...
Do you want clean water for a week without the hassle of filling up containers every other day? If so, the Brita Longlast Monterey Water Filter Pitcher could be a great way to get it! The pitcher features a built-in long-life filter that reduces chlorine and sediment up to 99%. This means you have cleaner and better-tasting water at your fingertips.
As we said earlier, Brita is known for producing great water filter pitchers, and they have done a good job in Brita Longlast Monterey pitcher. If you want a filter pitcher that can do more than giving you quality water, then Brita Monterey is ideal for you.
When it comes to capacity, the pitcher can hold 10 cups of water effortlessly. We like the filter life of Monterey filter, which guarantees you quality water for months before replacing it. The Brita Longlast Monterey Water Filter Pitcher is also BPA-Free and made of recyclable materials.
Brita Filters are very easy to install and maintain, and the filter can be easily removed for cleaning or replacement.
That’s not all you can get from this pitcher. We all know how tap water can be contaminated with lead and other harmful chemicals. You need a filter pitcher that will help you eliminate chlorine taste and odor while removing the lead and other chemicals. These chemicals and heavy metals are extremely dangerous because they cause health risks to our bodies.
Brita Monterey does a good job in removing lead, heavy metals, and chemicals. What makes us love this product further is its ability to eliminate 99% of lead from your tap water. So many benefits packed in one filter pitcher.
- Has a long-lasting filter
- Has a filter life indicator that reminds you when to replace your filter
- The pitcher holds enough water for your family
- Some users complain that unfiltered water can drip in the jug from the handle
EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- PREMIUM QUALITY: When it comes to our EHM Alkaline Water Pitchers, we make a point of using...
- GREATLY IMPROVED HYDRATION: By micro-clustering and reducing water molecule size, this great...
- COMPOSITE 6 STAGE FILTER CARTRIDGE: By utilizing a specially formulated 6-stage filter, the EHM...
If you want a pitcher with a larger capacity than that of Brita Standard or even PUR, then the EHM Ultra Premium Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher is ideal for you. EHM has a tank capacity of 3.5L, and you can filter 2 liters of water on the go with this fine-made pitcher.
Whether you live in the country or the urban area, the EHM Ultra pitcher will still eliminate that bad taste and odor from your water. This filter is not only ideal for improving your water quality, but it also uses a 6-stage filtration process to removes impurities like heavy metals, organic chemicals and chlorine from your tap water.
Alkaline water is important for your health because it reduces reflux, indigestion, and many health problems. The EHM ultra pitcher offers you alkaline water by adding potassium, calcium, and magnesium traces to the water. That’s not all, EHM Ultra increases the pH of your tap water to 10, making it a great choice for a family that wants alkaline water.
- EHM Ultra produces clean, healthy, and tasty water.
- Has a large capacity
- Eliminates a wide range of contaminants
- It has a compact design making it easier to fit in any fridge.
- Unstable lid that keeps on coming off
- The filter has a short life span.
PUR Ultimate Filtration Water Filter Pitcher
- WATER FILTRATION SYSTEM – Quickly and easily enjoy cleaner, filtered water in your fridge...
- PUR PLUS PITCHER WITH LEAD REDUCTION FILTER – PUR PLUS water filtration pitcher filters are...
- WHY WATER FILTRATION? Tap water may look clean, but can contain pollutants and contaminants...
PUR is another popular brand in the world of water filtration. PUR is great for removing common water impurities, and it does also remove heavy metals and chemicals like lead and microbial organisms.
PUR ultimate is one of the most trusted filters for removing lead because it eliminates 99% of lead. If you’re worried that your tap water has lead, PUR ultimate will get rid of it effectively.
Another upside about PUR Ultimate is that it is WQA certified and is said to remove three times more contaminants than the Brita Filter. You don’t need to have second doubts about the quality and performance of this filtration system.
The filter filters 40 gallons of water before replacing it that translates to about two months of filter life. We like that PUR ultimate has a filter indicator that reminds you when you need to replace your filter.
PUR Ultimate holds 11 cups of water; thus, it serves your average family perfectly.
- Holds a good amount of filtered water enough for a day, so you don’t need to refill water twice a day.
- Removes 99% of lead effectively from your water.
- Eliminates 99% of microbial, chemical, pharmaceutical, mercury, and other contaminants.
- Has a comfortable and strong handle.
- Has a filter indicator that reminds you when you need to replace the filter.
- Does not consume much of your kitchen space.
Filters are not long-lasting.
ZeroWater ZP-10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
- Filtered Water Pitcher: The 10 Cup 5-stage Water Filtration Pitcher features a one-hand, push...
- Premium 5 Stage Filtration: Removes 99 percent of total dissolved solids (TDS) for the purest...
- NSF certified and BPA free: The Only Pour Through Filter NSF Certified to Reduce Lead, Chromium...
ZeroWater ZP 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher is here to ensure that you get value for your money. ZeroWater ZP-10 Cup comes at almost half the price of Aquagear, but it has a higher filtration performance when removing contaminants seems to be way higher.
We loved the most about ZeroWater ZP-10 Cup because it comes with a water meter that helps you see the filtered water quality. The only thing we didn’t like about this product is that it has a short lifespan.
However, that shouldn’t be the deal-breaker. The ZeroWater ZP-10 Cup filter is designed with a 5-stage filter system that ensures that your drinking water is free from contaminants.
The first stage has a sediment filter that removes sediment and suspended particles. After the first stage, a foam distributor in the second stage increases the filtration performance.
The third stage has a carbon filter and oxidation alloy. In this stage, chlorine, heavy metals, and chemical contaminants are removed.
There is an ion exchange resin in the fourth stage that removes organic compounds, and the fifth stage has an ultra-fine filter that eliminates up to 99% of TDS and an ion exchange resin that removes organic compounds.
ZeroWater ZP-10 Cup holds 10 cups of water that is not that bad for an average family but can also be refilled twice or thrice depending on how large your family is and the water consumed.
When it comes to the filter life of ZeroWater, the filter lasts about a month, and it filters about 25 to 40 gallons of water.
- Removes taste and odor from your water effectively.
- Removes up to 99% of contaminants
- The filter is NSF certified
- The filter has a short lifespan, so it requires frequent filter replacement.
- Slow filtration
Brita Standard Metro Water Filter Pitcher
- The slim, BPA-free Metro water pitcher with filter holds 5 cups of water, enough to fill 2...
- Get great-tasting water without the waste; by switching to Brita, you can save money and...
- This space efficient Brita pitcher fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves, features an...
Brita Metro is one of the smallest filter pitchers from the Brita Company, and it holds about 5 cups of water. This model is made of BPA-free plastic, and it has two filters that can be used on it( one lasts two months, and the other lasts six months).
Brita is well known for its top performance regarding the removal of chlorine, mercury, copper and other contaminants from your tap water.
- Compact size that fits perfectly in your refrigerator.
- Has a filter indicator that reminds you when it needs filter replacement.
- Removes chlorine and other contaminants hence improving your water quality.
- Slower than other filter pitchers.
Lake Industries 7000 Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
- ECONOMICAL and ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - Premium (BPA FREE) Food Grade, strong, rigid and...
- UNIQUE DESIGN - Slim pitcher easily fits in any refrigerator. Easy-to-fill lid designed to...
- REMOVES FREE-RADICALS AND ELIMINATES TOXINS with powerful Antioxidants, and High Negative ORP...
Lake Industries 7000 is another one that you won’t regret having in your home. Lake Industries 7000 is another good product that guarantees you crispy sweet-tasting water at your home whenever you’re thirsty.
Why waste more money on bottled water when you can have water of the same quality in the comfort of your home?
You will love this product because it adds Alkaline to your water, healthy for your body.
There are so many reasons to love this product. FDA approves it, and it is made of BPA-free plastic material, making it safer for use.
The Lake Industries 7000 has a 7-stage filtration technology that works efficiently to ensure that you get water-free from copper, zinc, and other toxins.
We loved how easy it is to refill this pitcher without removing the lid. The pouring spout is also designed so that water cannot spill when pouring out the water.
- Made with BPA free plastic material
- Sustains the water pH
- Adds healthy minerals to your drinking water
- Removes chlorine, lead, zinc, and other impurities.
- Does not filter lead and fluoride
- Short filter life
ZeroWater ZD-018 Water Filter Pitcher
- The Only Pour Through Filter NSF Certified to Reduce Lead, Chromium & PFOA/PFOS
- Premium 5-stage filtration removes 99.6% of all dissolved solids for the purest tasting water
- Estimated 20 gallon Filter Life (filter life can vary depending on water quality)
ZeroWater ZD-018 is ideal for families because it has a large capacity and perfectly eliminates TDS from water.
It has a 5 stage filtration system with high performance in removing 99.9% of dissolved impurities from your water.
If you suspect your water has lead, this filtration system will help you remove lead from your water.
ZeroWater ZD-018 can filter 5.4 liters of water on the go. Although its capacity sounds big, this pitcher has a slim design so you can place it in your fridge without hassles.
The filter life depends on how you use your pitcher. The manufacturer advises that you change the filter cartridge if the water reaches a TDS reading ‘006’.
- Effectively eliminates TDS from water
- Large filtering capacity
- Certified by NSF for lead removal
- Has a slim design that fits in a refrigerator easily
- Has a 5 stage filtration for higher filtration performance
- Comes with a TDS meter
- Slow filtration
Factors To Consider When Buying a Water Filter Pitcher
Now that you have gone through the reviewed water filter pitchers, it’s good to get an idea of what to look out for when shopping for your ideal pitcher. Below are some of the points that you can use to guide you before you make a decision.
1. The Capacity of the Pitcher
Water filter pitchers have different capacities to hold water. Some hold 5 cups while other pitchers hold more than 18 cups. If you have a family with more than four people, a pitcher with a large capacity like 15 cups should be ideal. If you live alone, you can go for a pitcher with a smaller capacity.
2. Filtration Performance
After determining the pitcher’s capacity, you have to step ahead and check the filtration performance of the pitcher you want to purchase. When we talk about the performance, we mean what impurities the pitcher can remove and which it cannot remove.
A good filter pitcher should remove:
- Taste and Odor
- Heavy metals like mercury and lead
- Volatile organic chemicals
- Pesticides and Herbicides
Some pitchers are NSF/ANSI certified. This certification is ideal because it guarantees you that the product you are about to buy is authentic. However, this shouldn’t be a deal-breaker. Some manufacturers say that their products are manufactured to meet the WQA and NSF/ANSI standards, so you have to trust them.
Suppose you are willing to part with more money. In that case, we recommend that you buy a water filter pitcher capable of removing tough impurities in your water like fluoride, radiological impurities, microbial cysts, and bacteria.
If you don’t want to regret it later, it is good to consider your water safety needs before you buy your filter pitcher. That is why it is crucial to test your water to know your water’s kind of impurities.
Luckily, there are water filter pitchers that can remove those stubborn impurities in your water.
3. Filtration Time
Another important aspect you have to keep in mind is the filtration of the filter you’re about to buy. Filter pitchers are designed to filter water fast. However, it doesn’t mean that all water filter pitchers can filter water fast.
Some filters filter water at a slow speed while others filter water within 2 minutes. Meaning that you can turn your tap water into filtered water instantly without any hassles.
4. Replacement Filters
You don’t want to replace your water filter pitchers every six months. That is more reason why you should buy a pitcher from a company that offers replacement filters. The replacement filters should also be easily accessible to get them when you want to change your filter easily.
5. WQA or NSF Certification
Getting a pitcher that is WQA and NSF certified gives you peace of mind because you know the product you’re using is of good quality. Most pitchers are tested and certified in different stages according to their performance and quality; thus, water filter pitchers have different certifications.
Before you purchase your water filter pitcher, you have to check what function it is certified for so that you buy a filter that can remove contaminants that come with your tap water effectively.
6. Filter Indicators
Filter change indicators are crucial because they remind you when to replace your filter. Some pitchers come with the filter change indicators while others don’t. The design or type of the filter indicator varies depending on the pitcher system.
Some indicators are just stickers that show the date you are expected to change the filter while others show the number of pours left before you replace the filter.
7. Life Span of Filters
Water pitcher filters have different life spans, and the filter life span depends on the pitcher usage. Most pitcher filters have a lifespan of 2 to 3 months. Pitchers with multiple filter stages also have different filter lifespans, and their filter cartridges have different costs.
Don’t pay for a pitcher without knowing the cost of the replacement filters and filter cartridges. There’s no need to buy a pitcher that requires a filter replacement every few weeks, making you feel frustrated.
8. Warranty and Guarantee
No matter the brand, ensure that the pitcher you are about to pay for has a warranty. A warranty acts as security for you in case of any problems. Reduce the stress of buying a water pitcher with uncertainty by checking if it has a warranty and guarantee.
9. Pitcher Material
Many water filter pitchers are made of plastic, but some brands are made of glass and stainless steel. The choice you make between the material depends on what you like. If you decide to settle for a pitcher made of plastic, ensure that the material is BPA-free.
10. Pitcher Price
Pitchers are more affordable than whole house water filtration systems. They come with a price as low as $20, and they can go up to $ 110. Avoid buying extremely cheap pitchers because they might not have the features you want. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a water pitcher?
A filtering pitcher is a jug that is designed to filter tap water. It is hard to trust the water that comes to our tap waters, and that is why it’s important to filter the water to get rid of impurities. Best water filter pitchers are made of plastic or glass material.
2. What contaminants do water filter pitchers remove from water?
Water pitchers are designed to remove contaminants like chlorine, sediment, heavy metals, and any other normal water contaminants that alter your tap water’s taste and odor. Most pitchers do not remove lead, copper, and mercury.
However, if you’re willing to spend more money, some brands remove lead, copper, and mercury.
Some filters go further to keep healthy minerals like magnesium, fluoride, and calcium in your drinking water.
3. How do water filter pitchers work?
The mechanism of water pitchers is just similar to other big water filtration systems. Water pitcher filters have different filter stages, but they all have activated carbon fiber, eliminating impurities and bad taste and odor.
When the water is poured into the pitcher, it passes through pitcher filters, and the filters absorb all the impurities improving the water quality by eliminating bad taste and odor.
4. Why should I filter my tap water?
Many people ask us if drinking filtered water is necessary. Well, you might feel like there’s no point in filtering your water because it comes treated. It’s true that tap water is treated and is clean and safe for drinking, but you have to remember that the water is chemically treated and you cannot determine the quantity of chlorine used to treat the water.
Some people prefer to filter their tap water because they want to get rid of chlorine. The water travels through pipes which you cannot trust 100%. Water can pick up harmful contaminants from the pipes, and you end up drinking contaminated water.
5. How long does a water filter pitcher last?
Most pitchers can last for 2 to 3 years. But it all depends on how you maintain your pitcher. Some get damaged earlier because of lack of proper maintenance. If you want your product to serve you well for longer, ensure that you replace the filter cartridges on time.
6. Do Water Filters Remove Cysts and Bacteria?
Most water filter pitchers do not remove bacteria. However, brands like LifeStraw and Clearly do remove cysts, bacteria, and also protozoa.
7. How often should filters be replaced?
Filter replacement depends on the type of pitcher. Most pitcher filters require replacement after 2 to 3 months while some pitcher filters require replacement after six months.
8. Can I recycle the filters?
When purchasing the water pitcher, check the manual guideline to see if you can recycle the filters.
9. Why is my filter filtering water slowly?
Most water filters take a maximum of 15 minutes to filter your drinking water. If your pitcher is taking more than 15 minutes, it means that your filter needs to be replaced or there’s a lot of sediment in your tap water.
Sediment can cause water to pass through the filter slowly. You have to note that a lot of sediment in tap water can shorten the filters’ lifespan.
10. Can I use any filters to replace worn-out filters in my pitcher?
It is not advisable to use any filter in your pitcher. When buying your pitcher, you need to buy filters that are branded for use with your pitcher. Trying to use any filter can damage your pitcher. Ensure that you buy replacement filters that have your pitcher brand listed as a match.
11. What does BPA free filter pitcher mean?
BPA stands for Bisphenol-A. Most plastics are manufactured with this product to make them last longer. However, this product is not safe because it causes dangerous health effects like cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases on users. Thus, it is recommended that if you want to purchase a plastic water filter pitcher, choose BPA free pitcher.
12. Is the filtered water of the same quality as the bottled water?
The water quality depends on the type of water pitcher you buy. Some pitchers can give you better tasting water than bottled water, and some will not achieve the same results.
13. Can a pitcher filter well water?
Well water has a high level of TDS, salt, and bacteria. Unfortunately, most pitchers cannot filter well water.
14. How do I know that my filter needs to be changed?
You will have to mark the dates the filter needs to be replaced if your pitcher does not have a filter indicator. It’s advisable to go for a water filter pitcher that has an indicator to save yourself the stress.
15. How do I clean my water pitcher?
Filter pitchers are not hard to clean because you wash them the same way you wash any kitchenware item. You can use warm water and mild soap (some brands don’t need soap, so it’s good to check your user manual before cleaning your pitcher) to clean your pitcher weekly.
Wash the glass and metal part, and air dry it by placing it upside down. Avoid washing the filters because you might damage them. Place them in a clean and safe place while cleaning the pitcher.
16. How long can I leave my water in the pitcher?
Most manufacturers advise that you avoid storing water in your pitcher for more than 48hours. When water stays longer in the pitcher, it loses its freshness. Avoid placing your water pitcher in direct sunlight and hot surfaces.
If you want to store your water for more than a day, you can place your water in the refrigerator.
17. My water tastes different than expected after filtering. What should I do?
Taste is subjective. If you’re not used to fresh water, you might feel the difference of taste after filtering your water. Water pitchers are designed to remove chlorine, sediment, and other contaminants that alter the taste and odor of your tap water.
However, if you think that your water’s taste is a bit off, then it means that your filters need to be replaced. If the filters are still new, try to flush them and soak them for at least 8 hours.
This method helps to remove the sediment stuck in your filters and sort out the taste issue.
Benefits Of Water Pitchers
If you buy bottled drinking water, you must have noticed that you spend a lot of money to get clean, healthy water. If you want to save the money you spend on bottled water; a water pitcher will help you.
These products filter your tap water to remove a wide range of contaminants providing you with quality water just like the bottled water.
Most of these products come at a low price from $20, and the price can be higher for some brands depending on the performance.
If you want an alternative to reverse osmosis filtration systems and whole house filtration systems, you won’t go wrong with a water pitcher.
2. Eliminates impurities from water
Pitchers are designed with filters that remove contaminants like lead, chlorine, sediment, and many other impurities. Pitchers offer the best filtration solutions, and they do not require any high-cost maintenance costs.
3. No installation required
Unlike whole house water filtration systems, pitchers don’t need any installation because they are pre-assembled.
Water filter pitchers are not designed to be fixed at one spot, and they can be carried around easily. You can place them on your kitchen counter or place them in your refrigerator and enjoy cool, clean water all through the day.
5. They improve the taste of tap water
Most water companies treat water using chlorine, and when it is not used in the right quantity, it makes water taste awful. This taste is what compels people to buy bottled water.
You can remove the chlorine taste and many other contaminants with a water pitcher and even remove odor from your tap water.
6. It is Better than boiling water to remove impurities
Boiling drinking water requires a lot of effort, especially if you have a family. You might be amazed that a water filter pitcher gives you water that is as good as boiled water without any effort.
Furthermore, pitchers can remove stubborn contaminants like lead and mercury, which can be tough to remove by boiling the water.
After going through the above review of the best water filter pitchers, you probably have a clear picture of the kind of water pitcher that can offer you clean water. Identify what you want from your pitcher before you step out to purchase one.
Remember, you want value for your money. Choosing the best water filter pitcher will help you save money because you won’t spend money treating illnesses caused by contaminated water and you won’t have to buy bottled water either.