Best Water Heater for Radiant Floor Heat
The cold seasons can make you shiver unendingly even while indoors. However, thanks to water heaters for radiant floor heat, you can stay warm all the way without spending too much cash. Whether you want a tankless or tank model, a radiant floor heater will be the solution you need.
Choosing a fitting unit can be frenzying especially if you are working with a tight budget. That’s why we bring you the best water heaters for radiant floor heat. You can examine them in terms of durability, energy factor, and convenience to pick one that meets your needs.
The Best Water Heater for Radiant Floor Heat
Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater Tronic 3000 T 4-Gallon (ES4)
- CONVENIENT HOT WATER HEATER: 4 gallon point-of-use mini-tank fits under your sink to provide...
- LONG LASTING QUALITY: This electric water heater is easy to maintain and has premium...
- INDEPENDENT INSTALLATION: 36-37" cord plugs into a 120 volt outlet for independent installation...
Bosch Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater comes with a superior feature combination. It has a thermal efficiency of 98%; thus, it does not lose much heat. Its dimensions allow for easy installation on the shelf, floor, or wall. You only need to tap into the cold water channel to fix it directly to your sink.
If you’ve used a water heater that required you to wait for hot water to get ready, you know how frustrating it can get. This heater’s fast recovery provides you with hot water right when you need it. Grab it and bid farewell to cold water!
Its 4-gallon capacity is sufficient for your domestic hot water needs. You can also control the temperature range to your exact preference for a customized heating experience. Bosch also catered to your safety by including temperature and pressure relief valves.
If you are looking for a water heater that will match your interior decor, ES4 Tronic 3000 T is the way to go. It has an elegant and attractive design that blends in with your wall, floor, or shelf. You don’t have to give up the aesthetic aspect of your home to enjoy the benefits of a radiant floor.
- It has high energy power.
- It has a warranty (6 years for the unit and 2 years for the parts)
- Provides hot water instantly, making it convenient
- You can install it in multiple places
- It is easy to install
- ES4 Tronic 3000T keeps your radiant floor heating any time
- It has valves making it safe to use
- You can adjust the temperature anytime
- It is relatively cheap
- It is not convenient if your bathtub is larger than the heater tank
- Provides hot water to showerheads for a limited time
- It has a small gallon capacity compared to other water heaters
Other Great Water Heaters for Radiant Floor Heat
Ecosmart ECO 18 Electric Tankless Water Heater
- The product is highly durable
- The product is easy to use
- Manufactured in China
The demand for water in residential properties is high. Thus, you need a highly efficient unit for energy and an instant and steady supply of hot water. This Ecosmart unit has a wattage of 18Kw, making it one of the best water heaters for radiant floor heat.
Its flow rate ranges between 1.8 and 4.3 gallons per minute. Whether you need an on-demand or consistent hot water supply, Ecosmart ECO 18 is fit for the job. It will give your tenants an easy and happy shower time.
The Ecosmart ECO 18 has the latest tech controller system making it easy for you to operate it. Ecosmart company made it using durable stainless steel metal and Copper pipes. You don’t need to replace it anytime soon!
This unit heats your water fast enough to save you energy. Hence, you do not have to worry about spending much money on a high electricity cost. It is convenient and economical.
This tankless water heater is white and will enhance the style of your home. When you buy Ecosmart ECO 18, you enjoy the function and artistic features.
- It is durable
- This heater has replaceable elements
- It has a self-modulating technology giving you full control
- The Ecosmart ECO 18 has a lifetime warranty
- It is energy efficient
- It has a compact design, saving on storage space
- The Ecosmart ECO 18 saves up to 60% on your water heating cost
- It provides endless hot water
- This unit keeps your floor warm as long as you want
- Mineral built up can interfere with its functioning
- Some users have observed dripping under the unit
Rinnai V65IN Tankless Water Heater
- Energy and Space Efficient: Space-saving design conserves energy as it heats only when...
- Optimal Water Pressure: High-performance up to 6.5 GPM hot water flow rate for a powerful,...
- Enhanced scale detection lessens possibility of serious, long-term damage to unit
Rinnai V651N has an energy factor of .82 that Energy Star qualifies for natural gas and propane. Therefore, it saves up to 10% on your energy cost. If you are looking for a multiple energy source water heater, this unit suits you best.
Its compact size allows you to fix it anywhere you prefer. Whether you want it in your cabinet, closet, or mudroom, it can fit just anywhere. It also comes with sensors and buttons that help you access hot water when you need it.
Replacing your water heating system can cost you greatly. That’s why Rinnai offers you a reliable and durable water heater. This unit keeps your radiant floor heating all the way. Be sure to relish the warmth in your house.
For convenience, it comes with a temperature range of 98 – 140 degrees. You can adjust it to suit your shower, laundry, or dishwasher needs. Hence, you enjoy a happy shower time!
Rinnai V651N comes with a 10-year warranty for the heat exchanger, 5 years for parts, and 1-year labor. You can have peace of mind as long as you adhere to all the maintenance practices.
Do you want to enjoy remote control of your water heater? Rinnai V651N comes with technological improvements like WiFi monitoring to assess whether it is efficient. It also helps Rinnai company to address issues before you start using it.
- It is perfect for small or tiny homes.
- Rinnai V651N is not affected by cold water (even extremely cold)
- It has a flow rate of 6.5 gallons per minute
- It is durable
- You can operate it remotely
- It is compact in size thus, it saves space for more storage
- This tankless water heater is easy to install
- It is ideal for indoor locations
- Its cost is slightly high compared to other water heaters like Ecosmart ECO 18.
- This heater has lower performance (150,000 BTU) compared to Rinnai RU199iN, which is 199,000 BTU.
- External digital thermostatic control with LED display (+/1 degree accuracy)
- Most advanced self-modulation, adjust power to meet hot water demand
- Durable Copper immersion two heating elements, field Serviceable. Flow Rate- up to 4.4 GPM
Rheem RTEX-18 is an electric water heater suitable for radiant floor heating that comes at an affordable cost. It is simple to install, thus you don’t have to wait for so long before using it.
It has heat power and performance of 18 kW making. Hence, it supplies enough heating to keep the hot water circulating beneath your floor. Grab Rheem TREX -18 to enjoy a pleasant and warm house.
While it does not have a great capacity like the Takagi T kjR2, it comes with a 6 gallons per minute flow rate which is good for domestic hot water use. This unit also comes with an external LED display for easy temperature control.
Rheem RTEX-18 has a 99.8% energy efficiency rate making it one of the best tankless heaters in the market. With it, you get to enjoy an on-demand hot water supply for single or multiple applications.
- Rheem RTEX – 18 is durable
- It supplies hot water instantly when you need it
- This unit saves on energy cost, unlike a boiler
- You don’t need to purchase a tank to use it
- Rheem RTEX-18 is affordable
- Rheem RTEX-18 has a high power performance that ensures water is well heated.
- This unit is powerful, making it suitable for radiant floor heating
- This unit is not suitable for apartment use
- It has an average capacity
Ariston Andris 8 Gallon
- Compact design; wall or floor mounted (wall bracket included)
- Provide immediate hot water at the point of use; install as booster or standalone
- Easy installation; installs right at the point of use with water connection and standard...
The Ariston Andris 8 Gallon water heater comes with a tank eliminating the long journey that water has to take in pipes to get to the sink. While it’s compact, this unit provides water when you need it.
It has temperature and pressure relief valves at 2.5 and 6 gallons. Hence, you can release the forced air that comes in as a result of heating water. Otherwise, you may have to deal with a messy floor when the water heater bursts.
Some water heaters delay warming water. Thus you may have to leave the cold water to flow before the heated water flows out. This wastage can cost you a lot of money if you have to do this as a routine. Ariston Andris 8 Gallon offers you instant hot water anytime you need it.
The tank is lined with titanium making it durable. You do not have to purchase a recirculation line saving you more money. It also serves you for a prolonged period.
The Ariston Andris 8 Gallon also comes with high-efficiency insulation foam that is CFC free making it one of the best water heaters for radiant heat. It also comes with rubber feet and wall brackets, allowing you to fix it under the floor or wall.
While it is small in size (17.50″W x 17.50″H x 15.25″ D), it has a capacity of 8 gallons. This quantity makes it suitable for multiple applications. You don’t have to waste time waiting for another person to dispatch from the sink.
- It has a booster unit
- This unit can be used in remote locations
- It provides enough radiant heat for your floor
- Most users say it is energy efficient and cuts your electricity cost
- The Ariston Andris 8 Gallon provides instant hot water when you need it
- It comes with a warranty
- This water heater is easy to install
- It can fit in almost any space
- You cannot use this unit if there is no electricity
- The Ariston Andris 8 Gallon does not come with a corded plug for installation
Electric Hot Water Heater 110-120V Compact Mini-Tank Storage
- 【SAFE DURABLE & LONGEVITY】304 Made of stainless steel and never rust，Anti-leakage...
- 【SMART INVERTER FOR ENERGY SAVING】Digital Display，Automatic heat preservation and storage...
- 【EASY TO USE】storage tank electric water heater with easy-to-operate knob temperature...
If you are looking for a water heater that will serve you and your family for a prolonged period, then this unit is the ideal buy. The Electric Hot Water Heater 110 – 120V Compact Mini-Tank Storage is made of stainless steel, preventing rust. It also comes with a plastic shell that protects it from corrosion.
With this water heater, you not only enjoy optimal radiant floor heating but also have peace of mind knowing you are safe. The Electric Hot Water 110-120V Compact Mini-Tank Storage has several elements that protect you from leakage or any other injury.
It has a thermal power of 98%, making it the best water heater for radiant floor heat. The smart chip heats to your desired temperature, and its insulation works automatically when it reaches the degrees you set.
The simplicity that comes with this unit is also on another level. It comes with a knob that is easy to operate so that you can set the temperature you prefer. You also control the radiant floor heat.
If you are searching for a water heater for radiant floor heat that takes less time to install, this unit is great for you. While it is not a tankless water heater, it has Tee pipelines, a Vent valve, and all other accessories making it easy to install.
Instant hot water is a priority whether you are installing a water heating system for your family or apartment. The Hot Water 110-120v Compact Mini-Tank Storage supplies you with hot water immediately; you don’t have to wait.
- It’s compact thus suitable for small spaces
- This unit enhances your floor heating system
- It can supply multiple applications with water
- It is easy to install
- This water heater provides hot water on demand
- It’s the perfect heater for radiant floor heating since it saves on energy
- Compared to other water heaters, the Hot Water Heater 110-120V Mini-Tank Storage is more affordable
- It has a low flow rate of 2.5 to 3 GPM
- Relies on electricity as a power source
Factors To Consider When Buying Water Heaters for Radiant Floor Heating
While water heaters are known to be efficient than boilers, you need to examine a few factors before settling for one. These determinants will help you avoid wasting your resources, enjoy adequate radiant heating, and get a durable unit.
Below is what should guide your decision
1. Energy Factor (EF)
What is an energy factor?
The EF is the yearly energy released by your water heater divided by the energy that goes into the unit to heat your water. It shows how efficient your unit is based on the quantity of water that is heated per unit of fuel used in a day. It entails recovery efficiency, standby losses, and cycling losses.
The EF determines the energy efficiency of a unit. Gas water heaters usually have energy factors ranging between 0.5 and 0.7. Electric models are usually between 0.75 and 0.95. The higher the EF, the better!
2. Source of Energy
Some water heaters use electricity, while others use natural gas, propane, and liquified petroleum gas. Depending on the type of energy you will be using, you need to pick a suitable unit. Nevertheless, do not be limited to the fuel; examine whether the water heater will supply enough radiant heat.
Regardless of your energy source, it is essential to check the heat exchanger. Inspect the material that the manufacturer has used on this part. Metals are the best, however, you may find a heat exchanger made from ceramics, composites, or plastics.
Enjoying a premium radiant floor heating system does not mean you have to put up with rip-offs. Also, do not go for cheap units that will only do a substandard job unless you are ready to pay high water bills before your heating system provides hot water.
Depending on your budget, you can get the best water heater for radiant floor. You only need to check different units and their features on Amazon. If one fits your needs and budget, you can purchase it.
Whether you want to buy an electric water heater or one that uses gas, ensure it can serve you for a long time. With a durable radiant heating system, you reduce future service and replacement costs.
You can learn if the model is long-lasting by checking the materials and getting a review from a trusted friend. Also, ensure that you utilize the warranty from your company. Don’t grab a low-quality tankless heater it may cost you more!
What is the water flow rate of the unit? Is it efficient for radiant floor heating? Can you use the water heater for multiple applications?
Waiting for water to heat or having to endure poor radiant floor heating can be frustrating. You deserve to be comfortable after spending your money. Thus, check if the water heater you want to purchase for radiant floor heating suits your needs.
If you like to DIY, you need to get a heater for radiant floor heat that is easy to install. Also, examine whether the unit’s size can fit your small space or not. If all these are in place, you will have a great experience.
6. Type of Water Heater
The type of water heater you choose will determine how much you will enjoy the radiant floor heating. Both tankless and mini-tank models come with pros and cons. However, you can choose one that is better when it comes to cost, energy efficiency, among other factors.
If you choose a tankless model, you will enjoy unlimited hot water, durability, and high energy efficiency. Nevertheless, you will have to put up with water flow rate challenges and up-front costs.
A tank water heater will cost you less and offer you alternative fuel sources like natural gas and electricity. However, you will have to pay more for the energy use since it is used 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Radiant Floor Heating?
Radiant floor heating is an energy-efficient method for warming your house. It does not require the use of bulky baseboard heaters, thus it saves space. The floor heaters utilize a technology known as radiant heat to warm your room.
Radiant heating warms the space from the ground up to the objects and people. It is more efficient compared to central heating, which heats the air in your house. The warm air can escape the space, and you may need to heat more of it using much energy.
2. What Floor Is Suitable for Radiant Heating?
Effective radiant floor heating requires a covering that is a good thermal conductor and has the right thickness. Also, the floor should not be prone to heat or water damage. It is vital to check with a professional before purchasing one of the heaters for radiant floor.
Stone and tile are known to be good conductors of heat thus are suitable. But, thicker coverings such as hardwood or engineered wood are poor conductors. Ceramic, natural stone, and porcelain are the best since they possess all the required properties.
3. Between a Water Heater and a Boiler Which One Is Best for Radiant Floor Heat?
While some people use water heaters and boilers interchangeably, they do not mean the same thing. They have one similarity though, which is heating water. However, they work differently.
Water heaters for radiant floor heat are preferred since they are more energy-efficient, thus they cost less. Boilers consume much energy hiking your electricity or natural gas bills.
Also, water heaters maintain a low temperature which most people find comfortable. However, boilers can reach high temperatures, which may not be suitable for domestic use.
The right floor heating system will keep you and your loved ones warm throughout cold mornings. It will also serve you for a long period at an affordable price. However, it can be challenging to choose a water heater that is exceptional for the job.
When selecting a water heater for radiant floor heat, you need to consider its price, the EF, the type of fuel it uses, durability, and effectiveness. These factors can help you estimate future costs you will cater to, helping you plan.
Grab a water heater for radiant floor heat to keep your family warm during winter!