Camping Toilet for Heavy Person
When camping deep in the remotest areas, it would be difficult to enjoy your camping adventure to the fullest if there aren’t any toilets around where you can relieve yourself whenever nature calls.
If you are a heavy person and looking to spend most of your free time camping or road tripping to the remote areas in your area, having a camping toilet for heavy person is one of the best ways of having the best camping experience.
With the many camping toilets for heavy persons flooded on the market, getting the best for your camping adventure can be challenging. For this reason, we have endeavored to take the stress of having to search for your right camping toilet for heavy persons to sample and review 10 best camping toilets for heavy persons that you can consider buying for your camping adventure.
Without much ado, keep reading to find out the different options of camping toilets for heavy persons that are in the market. Several brands have designed and manufactured different camping toilets for heavy persons with some models having heavy-duty structures to a support weight capacity of up to 500 pounds.
|Cleanwaste Portable Toilet||7 Pounds||500 Pounds||15.3 Inches|
|Green Elephant Folding Commode Portable Toilet Seat||3.5 Pounds||250 Pounds||15.3 Inches|
|Reliance Products Flush-N-Go 3320 Portable Flushing Toilet||12 Pounds||325 Pounds||14.5 Inches|
|Dock Edge Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty||11.6 Pounds||300 Pounds||16.2 Inches|
|Camco 41541 Portable Travel Toilet||10.8 Pounds||330 Pounds||15.5 Inches|
|Alpcour Portable Toilet||11 Pounds||440 Pounds||14.5 Inches|
|Camco 41549 Portable 5-Gallon Toilet||4 Pounds||300 Pounds||16 Inches|
|STANSPORT Portable Camp Toilet||9 Pounds||275 Pounds||14 Inches|
|Camco Premium Portable Travel Toilet||11.5 Pounds||330 Pounds||15 Inches|
|SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet||11.25 Pounds||250 Pounds||16.9 Inches|
Cleanwaste Portable Toilet – Best Overall
- Each Includes One portable toilet, 1 GO anywhere toilet kit, Instruction sheet
- Built-in carry handle.
- Supports up to 500 Lbs.
If you are looking for a tougher, wider and more support weight capacity folding camping portable toilet unit, then the Cleanwaste Portable toilet could be the real deal. It is made from high-density plastic material that is strong and durable to support a whopping 500 pounds of weight rating.
It features a locking legs mechanism that ensures maximum support that the 3 sturdy legs offer against the ground. The sturdy legs are evenly spaced to ensure that you don’t crush down onto the toilet seat when in use.
The toilet seat and bowl feature exceptional dimensions, coupled with standard chair height off the ground makes this folding portable toilet excellent for heavy persons. With this toilet, you forget those toilets that require your knees to fold all the way to your chin whenever you use them.
The mesh holder for the disposal waste bag is an exclusive inclusion that ensures utmost sanitary operations with this portable toilet for heavy person. The toilet seat allows tucking of the disposal waste bag around the rim to ensure it doesn’t fall under the weight of your waste.
Now you might be thinking that this CleanWaste Portable Toilet is devoid of drawbacks. This toilet requires you to buy waste bags that will cost you some buck whenever you go camping and this might bloat your budget. However, you will have to factor in this running cost when purchasing it.
Besides, it is a bit heavier compared to its competitors. Regardless of the briefcase-like design that enhances its compactness and ease of portability, you will have to put up with its 7 pounds of weight. However, the bottom line is that the advantages outweigh these drawbacks, especially if you are a heavier person.
- 500 Pounds supported weight capacity
- Built-in carry handle
- 7 Pounds product weight
- Folding design
- High-density plastic material construction
- Mesh bag to hold disposable waste bags
- The collapsible design with carrying handle makes it hassle-free portability and transportation
- Comfortable seat with chair-height design for easy sitting and standing by heavy persons
- Constructed with high-density plastic material for exceptional stability and durability
- An excellent weight bearer with a supported weight capacity of 500 pounds
- Comes with a mesh bag to conveniently hold your extra disposable waste bags
- Legs release is a bit hard hence more effort or an extra hand is required
- A little heavier compared to its foldable toilet competitors
Green Elephant Portable Toilet -Best Folding Camping Toilet
- GET COMFORTABLE - When nature calls and you're out in the great outdoors, why shouldn't you get...
- GO ON THE GO - Make your bathroom experience less stressful and more enjoyable, no matter where...
- THE PORTA POTTY - At just 3.5 pounds, our portable toilet for adults is lightweight, stainless...
If you are a heavy person and you are looking for a camping toilet that can bear your weight while camping or road-tripping, then the Green Elephant Portable Toilet is a perfect pick. One thing about this camping toilet is that it is foldable are extremely lightweight compared to all the other camping toilets in this review.
With just 3.5 pounds of weight and ease of folding, you can take this toilet to any camping site. Regardless of its lightweight design, the toilet is capable to bear up to a 250-pound weight capacity thus ideal for heavy persons. This owes to the four stainless steel frames that ensure sturdiness even under heavier weight.
The seat is strongly secured to the frames with screws so you can relieve yourself in a comfortable and relaxed manner. The frames are screwed to allow for easy foldability to extreme flat design for convenient transportation and storage. This way, you can easily carry one in your car or camper van and you are good for road trip emergencies and campsite use.
This folding camping toilet allows you to stay sanitary and clean as the seat allows complete coverage by the plastic waste disposal bag when in use. As such, you don’t have to clean up the mess after every use. Although it is compatible with any 8-gallon waste disposal bag, you can consider the Green Elephant Toilet Replacement Bags for a perfect pairing.
The toilet seat is 15.3 inches above the ground and measures 15 inches wide and 15.8 inches from front to back. With these dimensions, your bathroom experience will be less stressful and more comfortable, regardless of where you are camping. You can use this camping toilet for camping, long car trips, fishing boats, hiking, constructions sites and outdoor living.
- Rust-resistant 4 legged frame
- 250 Pounds supported weight capacity
- 15.3 – Inch chair-height
- Stainless steel frame construction material
- Folding design
- It is lightweight and easy to fold to ensure seamless storage and portability
- Has a chair-height toilet seat for easy sitting and standing even for tall folks
- Designed and made of stainless steel 4-leg frames for excellent stability and comfortable use
- Requires an extra effort to fold it back to size for storage or transportation
Reliance Products Flush-N-Go Portable Toilet – Best Economical Flushable Portable Toilet
- product type: toilet
- item package dimensions: 35.6 l x 40.6 w x 43.2 h (cm)
- country of origin: china
If you are looking for a simple, economical flushable camping toilet for heavy person that delivers top-quality effectiveness in the bathroom matters, then the Flush-N-Go portable toilet from Reliance products is a perfect choice. This portable flushable toilet comes with all the functionalities devoid of flashy and high-end designs.
The Flush-N-Go portable toilet comes in greyish and black color and is fitted with a manual piston flushing system. The manual piston flushing system delivers a powerful flush that flushes down all the waste leaving the bowl sparkling clean. Besides, the T-type flush nozzle ensures water is flushed in three directions all around the bowl leaving it sparkling clean.
This camping toilet features a 2.5-gallon flush tank and a 5-gallon waste tank that is perfect for camping. If you are a solo camper, emptying will be very minimal to at least once a week. But for a larger group, you can bet that the toilet will require frequent water refilling and waste disposal.
The toilet seat is 17 inches off the ground making this portable flushable toilet similar to your standard home toilet. Besides, this is a good height for a heavy person to sit and stand with without a hassle. Moreover, if you want more comfort then you can raise it higher on a wooden platform.
The toilet measures about 16.5 inches in length and 16-inch width that proofs the compactness of this camping toilet thus easily tucks into your car’s trunk space. Although it can be a bit cumbersome to carry around for long distances, it is still relatively lightweight for a portable flushable toilet as it weighs just 12 pounds.
When it comes to the dumping of waste, I bet that you will have a seamless process. This is because the two tanks are detachable making it easy to carry the waste tank to the disposal site. Moreover, the swivel disposal spout ensures worry-free and mess-free emptying.
If you are a heavy person, this camping toilet covers up to a maximum of 325 pounds of weight thus making it a perfect choice for anyone within this weight range. And owing to its minimalistic features, you have nothing to worry about when having this camping toilet in your campervan or campsite.
- 5 – Gallon waste holding tank
- 2.5 – Gallon water tank
- Simple piston pump flush
- T-type flushing system
- Heavy-duty plastic construction material
- 325 Pounds weight capacity
- Swivel disposal spout
- The swivel disposal spout enables mess-free emptying of waste holding tank
- A large capacity waste tank ensures that you have fewer waste emptying frequencies
- as possible
- The sturdy and strong hard plastic construction ensures the longevity of the toilet unit and support a weight capacity of up to 325 pounds
- Odors build up quickly thus not ideal for use in a camp van or in the camping tent
Dock Edge Sanitary Equipment Visa Potty – Best Comfortable Flushable Portable Toilet
- Easy to use, replacable piston pump with two-directional rinse for enhanced bowl surface...
- Extra deep bowl for greater comfort. Lid snaps closed for preventing vibration while moving.
- Easy to read tank waste level and fresh water level indicator
A deep toilet bowl is best known to enhance the comfort of the user. And if you are familiar with toilets flush water splashing onto your butt as you flush down your waste, then that is what I mean. The Dock Edge Sanitary Equipment Visa Potty is designed to avoid this kind of unhygienic by providing a deep bowl to ensure flushing water doesn’t flush onto your butt.
The Visa Portable Toilet comes with a piston-type flush with two-directional rinse nozzles for enhanced bowl surface coverage when flushing. Moreover, the piston flush system is easy to use and replaceable. It also comes with a level indicator on both the fresh water and waste tanks to ensure you are adequately informed on the level of the flushing water and that of the waste in the tank, thus convenient refilling and emptying the tanks respectively.
To allow easy emptying of the waste holding tank, the tank is fitted with a vent for mess-free and ease of discharging waste. Moreover, the waste holding tank features a leak and odor-proof seal that help in containing odors in the waste tank.
The camping toilet is made from high-density plastic material that is strong and sturdy enough to bear weight up to 300 pounds. This feature makes the toilet one of the most sought after camping toilets for heavy persons. Better still, the plastic material allows efficient scrubbing and disinfecting thus you will have a seamless cleaning process.
The bottom line is that the Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty from Dock Edge is an affordable and functional camping portable toilet perfect for heavy persons, especially with its large toilet seat. The separate tanks are conveniently attached with side latches making the emptying process seamless.
So if you are a heavy person and want a camping toilet for your camping and road-tripping adventure, then Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty got you covered.
- Strong durable plastic construction
- Directional pour out spout
- Waste and water level indicator
- Leak and odor-proof seal
- Bi-directional piston pump rinse
- Extra-deep bowl
- Vented waste holding tank
- Comes with detachable tank compartments for easy emptying of waste and overall cleaning of the toilet unit
- A large surface toilet seat that is comfortable and perfect for heavy persons
- The multi-directional flush piston delivers a powerful flush to push down waste while
- leaving sparkling clean
- Water and waste tank level indicators make it easy to read flush water and waste tank levels
- It is a bit noisy during flushing
- The construction plastic material is of low quality thus might not be as durable if frequently used in rugged terrain campsites
Camco Standard Portable Toilet – Best Budget Portable Toilet
- 5.3 gallon holding tank is detachable; 2.5 gallon flush tank
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against leakage
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
The Camco Standard Portable toilet is yet another economical flushable camping toilet on this review that delivers exceptional performance despite its simple features. In fact, it comes with the basic features to give you the home-like bathroom experience while at the campsite. Without a doubt, you will enjoy this two-part configuration and compact camping portable toilet.
The portable toilet features a polyethylene material construction to ensure durability and sturdiness under heavier weights. Regardless of the sturdy and strong construction, the toilet is entirely compact in design and lightweight with only 10.8 pounds. This makes this camping portable toilet extremely convenient to transport and store.
The toilet features two tanks with a 2.5-gallon flush tank and a 5.3-gallon waste holding tank at the bottom which allows for maximum stability under heavier weights. The two tanks are secured together with latches to ensure extra stability as they are tightly held together. The top tank is fitted with a manual bellow-type flush pump that allows you to flush down your waste. The manual bellow-type flush pump allows you to overcome the inefficiencies that come in battery-operated flush pumps.
Most individuals shun away from flushable portable toilets owing to the hassles involved in handling and cleaning them. However, with Camco Standard Portable Toilet, things are a bit different when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.
Emptying this toilet is hassle-free as you easily detach the waste holding tank and carry it to a designated disposal point. Every Camco Standard Portable Toilet unit comes with biodegradable toilet chemicals that you can use to dissolve and deodorize your waste. As such, not only do you make the emptying process seamless but also keeping the odors contained.
The main drawback for this camping portable toilet is that the toilet bowl isn’t deep enough hence not great for some heavy persons. Besides, the water sprays slightly to the front as opposed to the rear hence requires you to close the lid before flushing. This flushing direction may also make flushing down of the large solid waste a bit difficult.
- 5.3 – Gallon waste holding tank
- 2.5 – Gallon waste holding tank
- Side latches
- Sealing slide valve
- Heavy-duty polyethylene construction material
- 330 Pounds weight capacity
- Bellow-type pump
- Integrated handles
- Has a durable and study heavy-duty polyethylene construction material that can support weights of up to 330 pounds
- The manual bellows-type pump flushing system ensures powerful flushing of solid waste
- Has integrated handles for easy carrying and transporting
- The side latches ensure the top tank and toilet bowl is firmly secured to the bottom tank
- The toilet bowl isn’t deep enough thus maybe not ideal for some people
- It is prone to burping effect, especially when you pull the flush level too quickly
Alpcour Portable Toilet – Most Durable Flushable Camping Toilet
- THE ULTIMATE PORTABLE TOILET – No More Emergency Potty Runs While Camping, Boating or...
- AMAZING 50+ FLUSH CAPACITY – Built-In Piston Pump Flusher Provides Powerful Cleaning Action,...
- SUPER COMFORTABLE SETUP – Unit is Made of Durable, Heavy Duty Material That Naturally...
The Alpcour Portable Toilet comes at 16.5 inches above the ground which makes it a bit more comfortable for a camping toilet and perfect if you are heavier and taller. Without a doubt, this toilet offers you the best when it comes to comfy outdoor camping toilets. It measures 14.5 inches wide and 14.5 inches long making it very comfortable and stable to use anywhere on the campsite.
The Alpcour camping toilet features a 3.2-gallon flush water tank located at the top and a 5.3-gallon waste holding tank at the bottom. The large capacity tanks mean less refilling and emptying trips. For the stable and secure standing of these two compartments, there are side latches on either side of the tanks that strongly hold the tanks together for convenient use even under heavier weight.
This portable flushable toilet is equipped with a piston pump flush that delivers enough pressure for a full 360-degree spray of water around the toilet bowl. The piston flush pump is manually operated therefore convenient, unlike the battery-operated flush systems. Better still, it delivers up to 50 flushes from the 3.2-gallon flush water tank.
When it comes to emptying the waste tank, the entire process is seamless and easy to clean. This is courtesy of the rotating spout that makes it convenient to empty the waste mess-free while the sprayer feature comes in handy at delivering a spotless cleaning.
The Alpcour Portable Toilet features a robust design from heavy-duty plastic material for durability and sturdiness to foot up to 440 pounds of weight. This weight is, without a doubt, more than the average adult’s weight across the states. Besides, this construction material is able to withstand the harsh outdoor camping terrain without compromising on ease of use and comfort.
However, with the small round toilet seat opening featured on this unit, you may feel a bit uncomfortable. Regardless, this is a great camping toilet for heavy person that you can’t put away if you are a camping enthusiast that is looking for comfort and functionality when it comes to bathroom matters.
- 5.3 – Gallon waste tank
- 3.2 – Gallon water tank
- Built-in piston pump flusher
- Waste level indicator
- Anti-leak drain valve
- Complete 3600 bowl cleaning
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion heavy-duty construction material
- Features a comfortable chair-height toilet seat to ensure easy sitting and standing by both tall and medium height heavy persons
- Has a built-in piston pump flusher that is effective and powerful in flushing down waste and is operated manually for convenience
- The rotating disposal spout allows for easier and mess-free emptying of waste
- Durable and sturdy heavy-duty construction material that is perfect for rough outdoor camping terrain
- It comes at a relatively higher price for an ideally entry-level camping portable toilet for heavy person
- Requires more thorough clean since waste doesn’t empty completely
Camco Portable Toilet Bucket
- Five gallon bucket with toilet seat, lid attachment, and three bag liners
- Seat snaps securely onto rim of bucket
- Easy to clean and lightweight
If you love the bucket portable toilets for a camping adventure, then Camco Portable Toilet Bucket got you covered. This bucket toilet features a toilet seat and a 5-gallon bucket that is meant for all kinds of outdoor camping and recreation activities.
Whether you are a hunting, camping, fishing or tailgating enthusiast, the Camco toilet bucket is probably the simplest camping toilet you can carry along. It comes with a smooth interior for easy cleaning without the need of scrubbing while emptying the waste is entirely seamless.
With the 5-gallon capacity, this bucket toilet is more than enough for a small camping group of heavy persons without much inconvenience on portability and emptying. The seat and lid close securely to contain the odor and prevent leakages should the bucket topple. Besides, you can purchase waste disposal bags to help you contain everything in a mess-free way.
The toilet bucket is built from heavy-duty UV-resistant polypropylene material that makes it sturdy enough to support up to 300 pounds of weight. This makes it one of the best camping toilet buckets for heavy persons. Even with this high weight support capability, this toilet bucket is very lightweight thus easy to store and transport.
While we highly recommend this Camco Portable Toilet Bucket as the best toilet bucket for heavy persons, it is important to equally point out some of the drawbacks to look out for. For instance, the oval-shaped seat is suitable to accommodate both males and females but it is not wide enough.
But if you are looking for an affordable toilet bucket for heavy persons, then we bet this is the most ideal pick for you.
- 5-Gallon waste holding capacity
- Lid attachment
- 3 bag liners
- UV-resistant polypropylene construction material
- 4 Pounds toilet weight when empty
- 300 Pounds supported weight
- Made of UV-resistant polypropylene material that is not only durable but also sturdy to support up to 300 pounds of weight hence ideal for heavy persons
- Lightweight with just 4 pounds thus very easy to carry it around the campsite as well as transport
- The lid attachment ensures the lid shuts tightly on the rim of the bucket for no spillover in case it tumbles off.
- The toilet seat is not ergonomic to suit the male users
- Disposable waste bags are sold separately, although it comes with 3 free samples
STANSPORT Portable Toilet Bucket – Most Advanced Bucket Toilet
- Bathroom ON-THE-GO Take the comfort of a commode wherever you need with this portable camping...
- The Sanitary Alternative Not only will you raise yourself off of the ground while doing your...
- Comfortable Full-Size Seat Though this chamber pot is meant for the outdoors, it features a...
If you are after a fancy bucket-type camping toilet design, then the STANSPORT Portable Toilet Bucket comes with possibly all that you need in a toilet bucket. The first thing you can feel once you sit to relieve yourself is how comfortable, convenient and easy of use. Moreover, this is perhaps the best design by STANSPORT for a toilet bucket.
It comes with a full-sized toilet seat and lid that not only provide a comfortable sitting platform but also the required sturdiness to support up to 275 pounds of weight. The base of the bucket is wide enough to ensure you keep yourself in balance while conducting your business regardless of the terrain you place it on.
The bucket toilet features a low-profile design with a high-quality plastic material that allows it to stand firmly on the ground when in use. Although the toilet is rated to support up to 275 pounds of weight, the manufacturer says that it can hold up to 350 pounds. Even with this, I highly recommend that you stick to the 275-pound limit otherwise you may risk falling into your waste!
The bucket toilet has a 1.3-gallon waste capacity that is ideal for a single person camping. But if you are camping in a small group of people, you may require emptying more often. Better yet, you can consider using disposable waste bags on this toilet bucket to ensure a quick, mess-free and odourless operation.
The STANSPORT bucket-like toilet is ideal for RVers or campground campers who are looking for an emergency outdoor camping toilet of heavy person. If you are a solo camper the low capacity would see you empty it after two or three uses. Even with that in mind, you will certainly have one of the most improved bucket-type camping toilet for heavy person.
- Full-size seat and lid
- Heavy-duty plastic construction material
- Built-in handles
- Disposable waste bags
- The maximum supported weight is 350 pounds
- Lightweight with just 9 pounds and with built-in handles for easy carry around campsite and during transporting
- Made of heavy-duty plastic materials that make it sturdy and durable to support up to 350 pounds of weight
- Comes with a full-size comfortable seat and lid that allows comfortable use by heavy persons
- Uses disposable bags that enable easy and mess-free disposing of waste
- The opening on the seat is quite small thus a bit tricky to use for males
- Its round bottom makes it unstable, especially on uneven surfaces
Camco Premium Portable Toilet
- Detachable Holding Tank: 2.6-gallon holding tank is detachable for easy emptying
- Prevents Leaks and Odors: Holding tank seals firmly to prevent escaping leaks and odors
- Pump Flush: Fresh water holding tank uses a pump flush action to effectively rinse the bowl of...
This is yet another camping toilet for heavy persons from Camco in this review. This one, however, comes with a slightly larger capacity flush tank as well as features a sleek new design. This Camco’s Premium Portable Toilet is essentially designed to improve on the misgivings of the Camco Standard Portable Toilet. For example, the flushing system has been refined and greatly improved.
The toilet features an ergonomic design that can be evident in any premium camping toilet and the entire toilet design is based on convenience and ease of use. Since this is a two-tank camping portable toilet, it is held tightly with strong spring-loaded latches that ensure the tanks don’t move while in use.
The top tank is a 3.75-gallon flush water tank that holds enough water for use throughout your camping period especially if you are a solo camper. But if you are going to camp as a group, then you will, without doubt, have to frequently empty the 2.6-gallon waste holding tank as it will be way below capacity to serve a small group of campers.
The camping portable toilet comes with a non-operated system that ensures that you use this toilet even in the remotest of camping sites without a hassle. The pumping system uses a pumping action to flush down water into the toilet bowl. Moreover, the system features 3 directional water spouts that deliver an inventive yet simple way to ensure the bowl is sparkling clean in every flush.
The toilet is made from high-quality ABS material to make it durable and strong enough to foot up to a maximum of 330 pounds of weight, making it a perfect camping toilet for heavy person. With the modern and curvy design, you certainly have a great camping companion for camping, road-tripping, fishing, and emergency cases.
- 2.6 – gallon detachable holding tank
- 3.75 – gallon flush tank
- Pumping flush action
- Sliding gate valve
- Durable ABS resin material
- The pump flush action is multi-directional for effective cleaning of the bowl without splashing out water
- Large capacity fresh water and a waste holding tanks to ensure use for longer without the need to refill water or emptying the waste
- Durable and sturdy construction ABS resin material that is capable to support up to 330 pounds of weight
- Comfortable toilet seat height for easy seating and standing for heavy persons
- A bit difficult to dump out waste thus requires some effort to not only dump but also clean the waste holding tank
- The Flushing system is not battery operated
SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet – Most Practable Camping Toilet
- GO IN COMFORT ANYWHERE: Whether heading off for an unforgettable backwoods camping trip or...
- #1 PORTABLE TRAVEL TOILET: Boating enthusiasts, frequent travelers And road tripping families...
- EXTRA LARGE TOILET TANK: The 5. 3 gallon toilet tank holds more than most other portable...
If you are a heavy person and want a practically designed camping toilet for heavy persons for your camping or road-tripping adventures, then SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet is a perfect choice. This camping toilet unit comes with most of the features you can find in good quality camping portable flushable toilets. As such, this toilet is up to the task of making your camping experience memorable.
It comes with a large capacity waste holding tank of 5-3 gallons that will certainly take you a long way before it requires emptying. On top of the waste tank, is a 3.2-gallon flush water tank that will equally carry enough water for flushing up to 50 times before refilling. With these two tanks, you can be sure to have an interrupted camping experience.
With the piston pump flush system, you will have a home-like toilet flushing experience at your campsite. Water jets down to the bowl due to the pump-action with such power that it gets rid of all the solid waste from the bowl leaving it sparkling clean in a single flush. Moreover, the integrated 3-directional flushing system ensures the bowl is left extremely clean after every flush.
When it comes to dumping the waste from the waste holding tank of SereneLife’s portable camping toilet, you can be sure to have a mess-free process. This is because the tank is fitted with a rotating pour-out spout that directs waste into the dumping spot without splashing to create a mess.
The SereneLife Portable Toilet is designed and manufactured essentially to handle the harsh camping outdoor terrain owing to its strong, sturdy and durable materials. The high-density Polyethylene material is corrosion-resistant and makes cleaning hassle-free.
Moreover, the material is strong enough to shoulder up to a maximum of 250 pounds of weight. So if your weight ranges up to 250 pounds, then this camping portable toilet can be your best pick, especially with its affordable price.
- High-density polyethylene
- 5.3 – Gallon waste tank
- 3.2 – Gallon fresh-water tank
- Piston pump flush system
- Rotating splash pour spout
- Carrying case
- Effective and powerful piston pump flushing system that effectively pushes down waste
- Includes a carrying case that allows easy transportation and safe storage
- Large tank capacities to ensure minimal emptying frequencies
- Side latches for tight securing of the top and bottom tanks
- High-density polyethylene construction material for maximum sturdiness and durability
- The toilet seat is a bit small for some people
- Water pump is susceptible to leaks
What to Consider when Buying Camping Toilet for Heavy Person
What types of camping portable toilets for heavy persons are there?
- Waterless Portable Camping Toilets
These are camping portable toilets that have removable waste bags and are basically affordable and simple to use. Foldable toilets like Cleanwaste Portable Toilet and Green Elephant Portable Toilet fall under this category.
- Portable Flushing Toilets
- Bucket-Type Toilets
A bucket toilet is the simplest type of the camping toilet you can have. This camping toilet entails a bucket with a plastic bag and dispose of the bag when full. The high-end bucket-type camping portable toilet feature a rubber gasket to contain the smell and leakages. You can get good bucket-type toilets like Camco Portable Toilet Bucket and STANSPORT Portable Toilet Bucket.
Design and Features
When shopping for a camping toilet for heavy person, be sure to look at whether the portable toilet comes with a flat base. If it doesn’t have a flat base, then it might be difficult to use the toilet as you might risk tumbling down. Moreover, consider camping portable toilets that are equipped with features that trap odors and prevent leakages. While some are designed with tight seals, others require the use of chemicals to contain odors.
You should also how hygienic the toilet is. For instance, models that feature deep bowls are said to be more hygienic and even comfortable than the ones with shallow toilet bowls. Equally, portable toilet models with multi-directional flush are efficient with flushing as they leave less waste in the bowl in a single flush. This makes them an excellent selection of camping toilets for use in the large group campsites.
Duration and Number of People to Use It
Depending on your camping situation, the toilet might be used by several people over a short time, or by fewer people over a long camping time. And sometimes, it can be a blend of both. A toilet with a large fresh water tank and waste holding tank are perfect for large crowds with more usage time.
Conversely, camping toilets with smaller tanks are good for short usage time by fewer people. Better yet, some models can be excellent regardless of their tank capacity as long as they have water and waste level indicators.
Size is a crucial factor when it comes to the comfort of use, transportation, and storage. Simply put, there are three types of toilets when it comes to toilet size. Standard models are designed for average-sized persons. If you are a heavier person like in this case, be sure to aim for a camping toilet with a bigger seat. Deluxe models come a little larger in size and come with features like a toilet paper holder.
Finally, we have luxury models that are a bit more expensive but with elegance and comfort. Besides, they are equipped with a handwashing place and soap holders.
Ease of Use
The ease of use is an important factor to consider when shopping for a reliable camping toilet for heavy person. Although the campervans, RVs and boats have a designated area for camping portable toilets, open camping sites require you to set up the toilet base each time you use it. The camping portable toilet components require assembling and disassembling in a couple of minutes.
Construction and Capacity
If you will be travelling with a larger group of people or for an extended period of time, you will require a larger capacity toilet. However, if it is a small family or group for a day, then a small capacity portable toilet will be sufficient.
Whatever the size you want, durable construction is the most important for any toilet. You don’t want to have a portable toilet that will collapse under your weight on a single-use. As such, be mindful to carefully check the weight capacity of the model you intend to buy.
Equally, don’t pick a model that comes too low to the ground. This is because it might be hard for you to comfortably sit and stand from it. Therefore, get a toilet that comes with a standard chair height.
If you have chosen a flushable toilet, then be sure to test its flushing system. A flushable camping portable toilet comes with either of these three flushing mechanisms. The bellows pumps flushing mechanism come with an accordion design. Toilets with this kind of flushing mechanism require pressing them down a bit harder thus prone to faster wearing out. The piston flushing mechanisms require raising and lowering at once thus every easy to use.
Push-button, on the other hand, feature a pump and button. You are required to press the pump about 15 to 20 times to build up pressure in your freshwater tank. When the pressure is high enough, you can use the flush button to flush down the waste.
Also, think about how much water your camping toilet can use. This one can be checked in terms of how much water runs down into the bowl in a single flush. Go for flusher systems that are water-efficient enough.
The waste disposal mechanism is another important factor to consider. Waterless portable toilets are great in this aspect because of the clean way of handling the waste. In fact, they are even better than the biodegradable sacks types. The dry portable toilets often require chemical powder to turn the liquid waste into solid.
Flushable toilets types are convenient especially in regulated places where you can have easy access to designated disposal points. However, emptying a flushable toilet can be problematic owing to the possible restrictions.
The dry toilets have a clear edge over the flushable toilets. In fact, there is no cleaning needed, all you need is new waste disposal bags. Flushable toilets, on the other hand, require some deodorizer or cleaning agent for a better cleaning process. Be sure to look and read the included cleaning and maintenance instructions to see what is the most appropriate cleaning procedure for the portable toilet you intend to buy.
Some of the best camping portable toilets come with built-in fans to help combat odor. If you intend to buy a composting model toilet, the fans act as catalysts for decomposition. The fans run on batteries or are plugged into electrical outlets. Therefore, make sure to confirm the power source the toilet you intend to purchase uses.
Models that use batteries are more convenient, even though you will have to buy a new set of batteries once the old ones run out. This comes at an extra cost. However, you might consider having rechargeable battery models, but you will require electricity to charge them.
Equally, some flushing systems may run on electricity or batteries. Therefore, if power is a problem, then you might consider having a manual flushing system instead of the electrical flusher.
Accessories and Spare Parts
Sooner or later, your camping toilet for heavy person might break and require a spare part for replacement. As such, it is crucial that you get a toilet with standard and readily available spare parts.
Most available accessories for camping portable toilets include urine diverter, biodegradable toilet paper, camping toilet tent for privacy, wag bags, toilet chemicals, toilet paper holders, and deodorizers.
Purchasing a good quality camping toilet for heavy person that comes with standard components and readily available part will make it seamless to find replacement parts from several sources.
Products in the market exist according to prices and this is the same for camping toilets for heavy person. When it comes to prices, it is important to buy a toilet that is within your budget. Getting a cheap camping toilet for heavy person will not be as durable as getting one that is affordable or a high-end portable toilet.
Cheap camping toilets are made with less quality material thus you may risk falling into it. Therefore, it is recommendable to get a strong and sturdy camping toilet for heavy person that can bear your weight for the longest.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best camping toilet for heavy person?
Purchasing the best toilet unit for heavy person is mainly dependent on your needs. However, Cleanwaste portable toilet is one of the best camping toilets for heavy person you can get in the market.
Where can I empty a camping portable toilet?
It is always advisable to empty your portable toilet into the local septic tank or designated waste disposal point. Besides, you can empty it into an indoor toilet in case you don’t have any designated disposal point in your camping area. Be cautious when emptying to avoid splashing.
When is it appropriate to empty my camping toilet?
When to empty your toilet will depend on how many people are and the frequency of toilet use. The more people use the toilet, the more frequent you should empty your toilet.
After reviewing 10 best camping toilets and assessing all the factors pertaining to camping portable toilets, we recommend the Cleanwaste Portable Toilet as it supports maximum weight capacity compared to its competitors.
Besides, you can choose any of the other nine options as they are equally great options when it comes to camping toilets for heavy person. In the review, we have flushable toilet options, bucket toilet options as well as foldable toilet options that use waste disposal bags. You can use the buying guide to narrow down your best camping toilet for heavy person on the market.