Since water is the essence of our lives, we have to endeavor to get drinking water is clean, pure, and healthy. And most households use bottled water since tap water may not be reliable. After all, it comes with lots of contaminants like lead and mercury. But while this is true, bottled water is expensive, especially when you have to buy it every week.
On the other hand, heavy metals and chemicals in your drinking water like lead can cause serious health risks.
Since you want to be sure your water is safe for domestic use and drinking, you have no better option than purchasing one of the best filters for lead removal and there are several options.
How will you know the best model without testing it? You cannot buy all the filters in the market and try them.
We understand how stressful it can be to get the right filter for your household.
That’s why we have a detailed review to help you make the right choice.
Let’s go right in.
1. Aquasana EQ-WELL-UV-PRO AST Whole House Water Filter System
- Clean, Great Tasting Water From Every Tap In Your Home - Removes 97% of chlorine, 99. 9% of viruses and bacteria and reduces harmful contaminants like lead, mercury, herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, and more
- High-Performance Well Filter System - Carbon & KDF filtration media combined with UV purifier and Scale Control Media (SCM) salt-free technology engineered to maximize contaminant reduction while leaving healthy minerals in your water. This system will NOT reduce Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- Cost Efficient & Long Lasting - Clean water for less than $0. 01 a gallon - Save twice as much compared to other brands on purified water for 500, 000 gallons or 5 years
If you’re looking for the best water filter for your whole house, then Aquasana EQ-WELL-UV-PRO AST whole house filtration system is what you need. Coming from Aquasana, a famous brand known for producing high-quality water filtering systems, this filter will perfectly meet the clean water needs of your household
Aquasana EQ-Well-UV filter uses UV light to eliminate impurities in water. Filters that use UV are known to be exceptionally useful, and Aquasana takes the mantle. This filter uses UV to eliminate 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms in the water, offering you clean, pure drinking water.
This whole house filter also eliminates chemicals like chlorine, mercury and also remove lead. The main job of the Aquasana EQ filter is to remove lead from water. However, it does go out of its way to eliminate other chemicals and microorganisms and make it a perfect match for you.
Chemicals like mercury and lead require a reverse osmosis filtration system to be filtered. Luckily, this Aquasana filter uses a reverse osmosis water filtration process, which effectively removes lead from water, giving you clean drinking water and other domestic uses.
If you want to soften hard water, this filtration system will help you. Aquasana uses Scale Control Media technology, a water softener that can turn your hard water into soft water. We know how irritating and dry your skin can get after using hard water. Save yourself the stress and get a filtration system.
The Aquasana EQ filtration system also has Claryum technology, removing other water toxins like herbicides and pesticides asbestos, cysts like giardia, and volatile organic chemicals.
This filtration system provides you with clean drinking water and protects your plumbing system. It has a salt-free water descaler, which prevents scale build-up in your water pipes and your whole plumbing system.
Filtration systems that use carbon filters are known to be highly effective. This high-level filter system has a carbon filter and KDF filtration media that help remove impurities while maintaining the water quality.
Do you use well water, and you want a filter that will filter the water for you? The Aquasana EQ water filter can remove impurities from your well water giving you clean, safe, and healthy filtered water.
We liked this filtration system because of the massive capacity of 500000 gallons of water with a water flow rate of 7 gallons per minute. The filter has also been tested and certified by NSF.
- Aquasana is the best water filter for well water.
- It has a dual tank design, which increases water contact time with contaminants.
- Eliminates lead from water virtually while maintaining water quality.
- Easy to maintain.
- It protects the plumbing system from scale build-up.
- The pre and post-filters require replacements after three months.
- Might need the help of a professional to install this filtration system.
2. iSpring 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
- Protect your family from lead and more: Specially designed for reducing lead. our 3rd stage FCRC25B lead removal filter features a high capacity of 15,000 ppm for lead, effectively reducing lead to below 15 ppb (the EPA standard for drinking water)
- DIY installation and maintenance: Refer to our manual and YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1" NPT inlet outlet and big blue 20" x 4.5" cartridges, the system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance
- Top-notch quality: Our filters are tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF and ANSI standards. The system also removes sediment, chlorine, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, and various other contaminants
If you want to get rid of lead in your water and a the same time remove bad taste and odor from your water, then your solution might come from the iSpring 3-stage whole house filtration system.
This filtration system is also the best filter specially designed to reduce lead.
Having been tested and certified by NSF/ANSI, this filter is without any doubt of high quality and effective when it comes to removing lead.
This 3-stage water filter is installed right at the point of water entry. Unlike other reverse osmosis filters installed at the faucets, water from every output flows through the iSpring 3-stage whole house water filter before reaching your faucets and taps.
Why take water directly from the source and risk your life? You can install this iSpring 3-stage filter and get clean, healthy, and tasty water without affecting your water flow.
The first stage of this 3-stage filter acts as a defense of this filtration system and has a 5-micron high capacity polypropylene sediment filter. This filter eliminates impurities and large particles to avoid damage to the other stages of the system.
The second stage of the iSpring 3-stage filter has a 5-micron carbon block coconut shell, which is highly effective than carbon filters because it is packed into a solidified block.
The carbon block has a higher density making it useful for the elimination of targeted contaminants. It can also eliminate bad taste, odor, and remove 99.9% of chlorine and other organic chemicals like VOCs.
We now get to the third stage of the iSpring 3-stage whole house filtration system.
In this stage, the filter has iron and lead reducing filter. Each cartridge has been tested independently by NSF/ANSI and has met the standards.
- The filter has no significant impact on water flow.
- The sediment filter prevents the carbon filters from sediments, thus extending the carbon filter life.
- The iSpring filters the water and ensures that the essential minerals are intact.
- Low maintenance cost.
- Meets EPA safety standards
- A bit hard to install if you don’t have basic plumbing skills, but you can view a tutorial video on youtube.
- You might need to buy a water softener if you want soft water.
3. Home Master HMF2SmgCC Whole House 2-Stage Water Filtration System
- Massive filter housings with 1-inch ports for the strongest water pressure possible -- up to 10-gallons per minute
- Four gradient density sediment filter produces finer filtration and greater dirt holding capacity filtration from 25 to 1 micron
- 95, 000-gallon capacity replaceable catalytic carbon filter provides a full year of clean water for a family of four
If you live in an urban area, you know that city treats water with chemicals to reduce health risks but leaves an unpleasant taste.
Most water companies use chlorine or chloramine to treat the water, and that is why you get that unpleasant taste on your water.
Although these chemicals help you get healthy water, they can be dangerous after using them for long because they cause corrosion in the pipes leading to high copper and lead levels in your drinking water.
Fortunately, there are useful filters in the market that can help you to help prevent the corrosion of the pipes. The Home Master 2-stage filtration system is the best water filter you can trust. It helps remove sediments, toxic chemicals, copper, lead, chloramine, and microorganisms in your water while retaining essential minerals.
This water filter has a multi-gradient sediment filter that removes even the smallest particles (down to 1-micron).
This 2-stage filter features a special KDF85 catalytic carbon filter that provides a higher and more adequate filtration level, eliminating up to 95% of heavy chemicals like lead, chlorine, mercury, chloramine, and copper.
Home Master filter system also has a substantial capacity of 95000 gallons of water. It can deliver water to every tap and shower in your home without reducing the pressure.
Something else, it attracts low maintenance cost since you’ll need to change the filter after six months to 1 year, depending on the water usage and sediments.
- It does an excellent job of eliminating heavy chemicals like lead, mercury, chlorine, and chloramine.
- Low maintenance cost
- Designed to occupy a small space
- It has a two-year warranty.
- Has advanced filtration technology to improve efficiency
- You might need a help of a professional to install
4. APEC Whole House Water Filtration System w/GAC and activated Alumina
- Heavy-duty Big Blue 20"x4.5" Whole House Water Filter system designed for high flow applications. Unique, wide cartridges are capable of filtering enough water for a large house, apartments , busy offices, restaurants , coffee shops, or medical environments.
- Provides a simple, yet highly effective solution to supply your entire home with fresh, clean water for drinking, cooking, bathing and cleaning.
- Made with NSF/ANSI 61 certified material and comply with proposition 65. High quality coconut shell activated carbon and NSF/ANSI standard 42 KDF 85
If you have a big family and you’re looking for a water filter system that will accommodate your high water needs, then APEC Whole House Water Filter System with granular activated carbon should be among your top choices.
This filter comes in NSF/ANSI 61 certified material, so you don’t have to worry about the material used to manufacture this filter. It also has a coconut shell activated carbon filter and NSF/ANSI standard 42 KDF 85 that removes impurities.
We also liked this filter because of its high flow system and wide cartridges to filter enough water for drinking and other domestic uses.
You’ll also enjoy the removal of dirt, unpleasant odor, mercury, lead, hydrogen sulfide, chloramine, chlorine, and also bacteria.
- Effective filter if you want to remove lead from water.
- Easy to install
- The water pressure might lower as time goes by.
- The filter has no warrant.
5. iSpring WGB22B-PB 2-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
- Protect Your Family and Household Appliance from Lead and More: Our 2nd stage filter (FCRC25B) lead removal filter is specially designed for reducing lead. This filter features a high capacity of 15,000 ppm for lead, effectively reducing lead to below 15 ppb (the EPA standard for drinking water). The system also removes sediment, chlorine, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs, and various other contaminants.
- DIY Installation and Maintenance: Refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1” NPT inlet / outlet and Big Blue 20” x 4.5” filter cartridges, the system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance.
- Top-Notch Quality: The first stage CTO Carbon Block filter is made of high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life. It is tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. The filter has a capacity of 100,000 gallons of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year.
This iSpring 2-Stage Whole House Water filter system is another among the best filters that remove lead and other chemicals from your drinking water. This filter allows you to take water filtered from the source, making the water safe and healthy for drinking and other domestic uses like cooking.
The iSpring 2-Stage Water Filter System features a high capacity of about 15000ppm, which effectively removes lead to below 15 ppb, the EPA standard for drinking water. This feature makes it highly effective better than most filters in the market.
What we like most about it is that it filters out harmful chemicals but retains the essential minerals needed in drinking water.
The chemicals that this filter removes from water are:
- Pesticides and Herbicides
- VOC and other impurities
Good news to you if you use well water. This filter does an exceptional job of filtering up to 98% of impurities from well water.
With a water capacity of 100000 gallons of water, there’s a guarantee that you will get a constant supply of uncontaminated clean water for one year.
Just as the name suggests, it involves a two-step filtration process before the water gets to you. The first stage has a CTO carbon block filter made of coconut shell carbon filter for optimum filtration and extended filter life. And the second stage has an iron and lead filter to remove lead, iron, and other contaminants giving you healthy, clean drinking water.
If you want the best filter to prevent your plumbing system from corrosion, you should consider this water filter.
- Filters water right from the water supply
- It has a large capacity ensuring that you get a constant supply of clean water all through the year.
- It does not affect the water flow rate.
- Efficient if you want to remove lead from water and other heavy metals.
- Tested and certified by NSF/ANSI
- Low cost of maintenance
- Requires basic plumbing skills to install
- You might need a water softener if you want soft water.
6. Culligan WH-HD200-C Whole House Heavy Duty Water Filtration System
- Whole house water filtration system with 1" stainless steel reinforced inlet/outlet connectors
- Perfect for residential homes, helps protect appliances and pluming from sediment and scale
- Features bypass shut off valve, integrated bracket design and battery operated filter change timer
If you’re looking for a water filter that is affordable yet efficient in removing contaminants in your water, the Culligan Whole House water filter is your perfect match.
Culligan filter is among the best water filters you can use to eliminate sediment, rust, scale, bad taste and odor, and chlorine taste and odor.
This heavy-duty water filter is designed to occupy a small space in your home and is also easy to install. It has a shut-off valve and LED lights to alert you when it needs replacement.
Culligan WH-HD200 is certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372 Lead, meaning that removes lead and is certified for integrity and mineralization in the water.
With it, you don’t have to break the bank to get a water filter that removes lead from your water while keeping the essential minerals.
The only downside about this filter is its life span. Culligan requires replacement every 6 to 8 weeks. However, you can opt to clean the filter correctly and reuse it several times.
What we liked is how this small filter can protect your home appliances against damage from water. The inlet and outlet connectors are also made of stainless steel, guaranteeing high-quality and reducing chances of corrosion.
Another good thing about this Culligan filtration system is that it can use any Culligan filter cartridge type.
- The filter is small in size, so it doesn’t consume ample space in your home.
- They are fully certified by WQO.
- Removes lead from water and other contaminants effectively.
- You can use it with other filters.
- Has a bypass shut-off valve
- Easy to install.
- The seals are delicate, and they can break when pushed hard.
- Needs battery replacement
7. KleenWater PWF4520LRDS
- KleenWater PWF4520LRDS dual whole house lead, chlorine, chemical and sediment filter
- Filters dirt, rust, sediment, chlorine, chemicals, odors and lead
- Includes 2 filter housings, wrench, 2 zinc coated steel mounting brackets, 1 sediment and 1 carbon cartridge
KleenWater whole house water filter is a dual filter perfect for domestic use. This filtration system is ideal for removing lead, chlorine, sediment, and other city water chemicals.
The KleenWater dual-stage lead filtration system comes in two filter housings, 2 zinc-coated steel mounting brackets, a wrench, 1 sediment cartridge, and 1 carbon cartridge.
It uses activated carbon block water filter technology that works perfectly to ensure that you get clean water for drinking throughout the year.
The filtration process takes place in two steps.
In the first step, the KW4520G filter removes the dust, rust, and sediments.
In the second step, the carbon block filters the water to get rid of chlorine, lead, and other chemicals remaining in the water after the first filtration.
The capacity of this water filter is 18000 gallons with a flow rate of 6 gallons per minute.
Something that stands out in this filtration system its capability to remove chemicals in the water without affecting the average flow rate.
- Effectively removes lead from water.
- Can remove lead and other contaminants.
- Warrant not specified
What is a Water Filter for Lead Removal, and Who is it for?
A water filter for lead is a filter that removes lead from the water. Lead is a hazardous metal that can cause both mental and physical health threats. Water with any level of lead can cause health complications.
The health risks are even higher for children who are exposed to lead. According to EPA, lead causes learning 36 disabilities and behavioral disorders. Children who continually drink infused water may also have a damaged nervous system and, worse of all, brain damage.
Lead is also dangerous for pregnant women because it can lead to premature labor and babies with abnormalities after birth like delayed milestones or slow growth.
Lead causes other health problems like:
- Kidney failure
- Lead causes hypertension and other serious ailments.
If you already have one of these complications, you have to avoid taking in water with lead. Don’t be deceived that a small level of lead is safe. Lead is dangerous even in the smallest quantities.
Lead gets into your water from the water pipes since most pipes are made of lead coating, and the coating gets off because of chemicals found in the water.
The good news is that you can filter out lead in your water using a filter for lead removal. Instead of changing the water supply system, which is pricey, you can just get one of the best whole house filtration systems.
With that said, it is now clear that the water filter is essential for everyone. Prevention is better than cure.
It is better to spend some bucks and protect your family getting than to spend a higher amount to treat these chronic illnesses.
The Mechanism Of Water Filtration for Lead Removal
Lead water filters come in different designs and sizes but the filtration system mechanism is the same.
Some of the filters come with physical filters, and others come with chemical filters. Some water filters for lead come with the combination of both sediment filters and chemical filters.
The physical lead removal filters use a physical barrier to eliminate contaminants. In the physical filter, the filtration process, the pollutants go through a membrane that removes them. An excellent example of this filtration process is the reverse osmosis process.
Reverse osmosis model filters utilize semipermeable membranes that filter out lead and other heavy metals from the water. The reverse osmosis system usually takes advantage of the water pressure to force particles and contaminants through the filter.
The chemical filters use chemical reactions to eliminate small particles of contaminants that cannot be filtered out by physical membranes. An excellent example of a chemical filter is the distillation system. The distillation systems depend on the heating and cooling system.
In the meeting stage, the water is boiled and collected as steam. Lead requires high boiling points, so the lead is left. The steam is then condensed back to the water.
Although this filtration system does eliminate lead, it also filters out the essential minerals in the water.
Like the whole house filter system, some specific systems use chemical and physical techniques to eliminate lead. An example of those systems is activated carbon filters.
Activated carbon filters are trendy water filters in many households. Once the water flows in the filter, the carbon component behaves as a magnet to all the heavy metals found in water like lead. For tinny particles, they undergo a chemical filtration process to remove them.
Types Of Whole House Water Filtration Systems
Water filters for the entire house come in different types depending on the filtration media they use for filtration.
1. Sediment Filters
As the name suggests, a sediment filter cartridge eliminates sediments, rust, debris, and other particles.
The sediment filters have layers of microns that filter out contaminants found in your water. Sediment filters are in the first stage of the filtration system, and they prevent other parts of the system from damage.
2. Activated Carbon Filters
Activated carbon filters are in many filter systems. The activated carbon filter is highly functional and filters out chemicals, sediments, and other contaminants in your water.
This activated carbon cartridge has a porous membrane that removes out up to 81 chemicals and over 550 pollutants in your drinking water.
Although an activated carbon filter does remove chemicals and sediment, it cannot effectively filter out dissolved minerals and microorganisms like bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants.
3. UV Filters
The UV filters are highly effective when it comes to filtering out contaminants in water. These UV filters use radiation to eliminate viruses and bacteria in the water.
4. Iron Filters
Iron filters are designed to remove dissolved minerals in the water. Many filters don’t remove dissolved minerals, but somebody can trust the iron filter for this task.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Whole House Water Filter System For Lead Removal
1. Water Test
Before you go out to shop for your lead filter, you have to test your tap water or well water to determine the levels of lead found in your water. You can use a home kit or take your sample to the government or a local utility near you.
If your water has lead, no matter the lead’s level, you will have to get a filtration system to remove lead from the water. There is nothing like a safe lead level, so find a way to solve the problem as fast as you can.
2. Cost of the Filter and Maintainance Cost
There are many whole house filtration systems for lead removal in the market, and the one you buy depends on your budget and how much you can afford for the maintenance of the filter.
You have to consider the filter life to know when to replace your water filtration systems.
Some filters may look cheap at face value and require a high maintenance cost. This is something you should watch out for.
3. Type of Filter
There are many models of filters for lead removal in the market. These water filtration systems come in different sizes, designs, and shapes. Your choice depends on the amount of water you want to filter and the size of the space you have.
If you have a small space and you use a small amount of water in your home, a portable filter like a filter pitcher might serve you perfectly. Another option is faucet-mounted water filtration systems because they don’t take much space.
If you have more space and use lots of water in your home, you can use a reverse osmosis water filtration system or distillation system. You can also opt for a whole water filtration system if you want to remove other particles in the water.
After identifying the type of filtration system you want to buy, ensure that you check if it has been tested and has all the necessary certifications.
4. Easy to Install
If you’re buying a water filtration system on a budget, consider purchasing a filter that is easy to install to save yourself the stress of paying a professional to install it for you. A good option is the faucet filter and filter pitcher.
However, the installation ease should not make you settle for a filter that cannot accommodate your house’s water amount. Suppose you want a large filtration system like a whole house filter system, distillation system, or reverse osmosis water filtration system. In that case, you can hire a professional to help you install the filter systems.
5. Filter Life
Make sure you check the filter’s life before you purchase your filtration system. A filter with a higher water capacity is better because it will give you a high volume of water (filtered water) before you replace it.
We recommend that you buy a whole house water filter with a minimum of 1 year and a capacity of 100000 to 500000 gallons of filtered water. This capacity will help you save more as you enjoy clean drinking water throughout the year.
If you can afford to purchase a filtration system with a filter life of 10 years, go for it. The filter has a high capacity of millions of gallons of water. Although they are expensive, they are suitable for bigger homes and industrial use.
6. Number of Filter Stages
A water filtration system comes in stages, and these stages vary; some come in a single stage while others come in multiple stages.
Multiple-stage filtration systems are useful because they save the stress of buying more than one filter. They are also efficient in the filtration of contaminants of different levels. Filters that are designed in multiple stages effectively remove sediments, heavy metals, chloramine, and chlorine.
Some of these multiple-stage filters have post-filters that soften hard water giving you clean and suitable drinking water.
However, it doesn’t mean that single-stage filtration systems are not acceptable. Single-staged filters are also convenient for your drinking water.
7. Flow Rate
Water flow rate is another crucial thing to consider before you buy a water filtration system. The flow rate of water the filter can allow per minute.
Each filter has a flow rate. If you want your filtered water to flow in your bathroom, kitchen, toilet, and appliances, you might have to keep in mind the rate of water flow your filter should have.
If you have a big home, your filter should have a water flow rate ranging from 15 to 40 GPM. For a smaller household, a water flow rate of 10GPM can work well.
Getting a filter with a water flow rate lower than 10GPM might interrupt your water supply. Ensure that you buy a filtration system with 10GPM and above.
8. Warrant and Customer Support
Buying a whole house water filter that has a warranty gives you peace of mind. The good thing is most water filter companies provide warranties for their products.
The right product should have a warranty of 1 year and above. If you can get a filter that has a warranty of 2years and above, it is an added advantage.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is Lead?
Lead is a neurotoxin used to construct building materials several decades back. If you’re living in a house built in the 1980s, chances are your tap water has high levels of lead.
It doesn’t mean that you are safe if you constructed your home later. Everyone is at risk of drinking water contaminated with lead.
2. What are the dangers of lead
Lead in drinking water can cause serious health complications like:
- Nervous system damage
- Delayed milestones
- Kidney problems
- Lead reduces the IQ and causes other serious ailments.
Unfortunately, lead does not have any smell, and you cannot see it with your eyes. To be safe, you have to get the best water filter system to help you reduce or remove lead from your drinking water.
3. How long should a filter last?
Some filters can last up to 10 years, depending on how long you have used them. However, the filter cartridges live for about a year, so you need to replace the filter cartridges yearly depending on the make.
4. What happens to your water if you don’t replace your filter?
It is important to regularly replace your filtration system because if you don’t, harmful chemicals like lead might get into your water, leading to serious health risks.
5. Do whole house water filters reduce the water pressure?
For the filter to effectively filter out contaminants in your water, the water must slow down in the filtration system for the pollutants filtered. So yes, the water pressure does go down a bit.
6. How long does it take to install a whole house water filter?
It depends on your filter model, but it takes about 1 to 2 hours to install the filter.
7. Can I remove lead by boiling water?
Boiling does not eliminate lead from water. The lead concentration raises as the temperature of the water increases making it even more dangerous. If you want to remove lead from water, use a filter specified as a lead water filter.
8. How do I care for my whole house water filter?
The steps on how to care for your filter vary with brands. Use the user manual of your filter and follow the instructions on how to care for your filter.
9. Where can I buy a water filter for lead removal?
You can purchase your filter from Amazon, stores, or even home depot.
10. What does lead water taste and look like?
Lead has no taste or odor. Unlike chlorine, iron, and other chemicals, lead cannot be detected in water by tasting or by the human eye. Lead doesn’t change the watercolor, making it even harder to tell if your water is contaminated.
The only way to know if there’s lead in your water is by testing in a laboratory.
10. Does lead water cause Dementia?
There is no proof that lead can cause Dementia. However, lead can cause brain damage and memory loss in later life. However, Dementia is a medical mystery, and many things can cause memory loss.
11. Can water filters cause sicknesses?
Filters remove water contaminants giving you safe and healthy drinking water that protects you from illnesses. However, if you do not replace your filter on time, its efficiency will drop and cause contaminants to get to your water.
The contaminants can cause sicknesses, but if you change your filter cartridge on time and replace your filter when it needs replacement, you have nothing to worry about.
12. Which type of water filter cartridge is the best?
The upside of whole house water filtration systems is that you can try out different filter cartridges and see what works best for your filter.
For fine sediment of 1 micron to 5 microns, we recommend dual-depth filters. The dual depth filters begin from 50 on the outside and filter down to 5 microns on the inside.
What are the benefits of a whole house water Filter?
- Peace of mind
Drinking water that you know is not filtered can stress treating frequent illnesses because you take in contaminants. Having a whole house filter gives you peace of mind knowing that you are taking clean, healthy, and pure water free from lead and other chemicals.
- Multiple Solutions at a go
A whole house water filter filters different types of chemicals at the same time. You won’t have to buy multiple filtration systems to remove different contaminants because these filtration systems remove multiple contaminants and chemicals.
- Improves Taste and Odor
Whole house water filters are excellent filters because they eliminate impurities in your water, bad water taste, and odor at the same time.
- Softens Hard Water
Whole house water filters remove minerals, making water harder making the water soft, thus protecting appliances from damage caused by hard water.
After reading this review, you can make the right decision on which filtration system for lead removal will fit you. Remember, the effectiveness of a water filter does not depend on the prices. You can find the best filters in the market on both low and high budget. Just make sure you get your water tested first before making a purchase.