Arizona’s geologic makeup contributes highly to water-quality challenges. Lithium, selenium, and boron, all known to present health risks in high concentrations, have been found in groundwater in parts of the state. Iron, manganese, and sulfates are common in water supplies, increasing water hardness and encouraging iron bacteria’s growth in private wells.Water contaminants that you should be on the look-out for in Arizona are:
Therefore, protect yourself and your family from contaminants present in your water with an NSF-certified water filter pitcher.
Water filter pitchers have become a common staple on most household countertops. They are typically portable, easy to use, and require minimal maintenance. That gives them some advantages over bulkier filtration systems, such as under-sink or whole-house filters.
Although they have almost similar features, the quality of these pitchers can vary significantly between brands. Here you will acquire guidance on the process of finding the best water filter pitcher for you and your family.
Let’s get started on the best water filter pitcher for Arizona.
Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher
It removes 20 times more contaminants than the leading competitors, including fluoride (90.6%), chlorine (99.9%), chloramine (99.9%), chromium 6 (99.4%), lead (99.9%), mercury (97.8%), arsenic (99.8%), over 50 VOCs, and more.
The filter keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water, which other filters will strip out.
It is rigorously tested and approved through NSF Standards 42 and 53 for contaminant reduction. It is also tested in Flint, Michigan, for lead and copper reduction.
It has triple capacity filters that produce 150 gallons of water each, lasting three times longer than the leading competitor for maximum lifetime savings.
The lifetime guarantee and same-day customer support are available. If your filter pitcher ever breaks, it is replaced free of charge. The manufacturers are dedicated entirely to keeping you satisfied, hydrated, and healthy.
- It has a premium design for health and sustainability
- It removes more contaminants than the leading competitors
- The filter keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water
- It is NSF certified
- It removes lead and copper
- It has a water filter that lasts three times longer than the leading competitor
- It has a lifetime guarantee and same-day customer support
- Chlorine taste in the water remains
- The user has to wait for the filtering to finish before pouring
ZeroWater ZP-010, 10 Cup Water Filter Pitcher
ZeroWater’s 10 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher features a one-hand push to dispense spigot that allows you to fill your cup or favorite water bottle without any lifting. The 5-stage filter transforms your tap water into delicious, TDS-free drinking water. All ZeroWater products include a free Water Quality Meter to test your water to ensure the market’s highest quality filtration. Get more out of your water with ZeroWater’s 5- Stage Water Filtration.
Removes suspended solids such as dust and rust that make your water appear cloudy.
Removes additional suspended solids
Removes organic contaminants; pesticides, herbicides, Mercury, Chlorine, Chloramine, and stops bacteria from growing
Removes inorganic compounds such as metals, non-metals, and radiological contaminants
Removes remaining suspended solids, holds the resin in place.
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) refer to minerals, salts, metals including lead, chemicals, fluoride, and runoff polluting your drinking water. This water filter pitcher is the only water filtration system to remove 99% of TDS, equivalent to TDS in purified bottled water.
The exchange stage removes virtually all dissolved solids that may be left over from public water systems or even leached into your water from piping such as Aluminum, Lead, Zinc, Nitrate, and more.
- It is BPA-free and has a water quality tester
- It has filters that use five stages of filtration to bring you quality drinking water
- It is NSF certified to reduce lead and chromium
- It removes 99% of total dissolved solids
- It draws more impurities from your water
- Your water may taste acidic
Brita Longlast Everyday Water Filter Pitcher
Drink healthier, great-tasting tap water with this BPA-free Brita 10 cup water pitcher and the included Brita Longlast filter. The replacement filters are made with pleated filter technology for a 3times longer life compared to 40-gallon filters.
The water filters reduce 99% of lead and are certified to reduce chlorine (taste and odor), asbestos, mercury, benzene, cadmium, and more. One filter can replace up to 900 16.9 oz plastic bottles and reduces more contaminants vs. PUR and ZeroWater.
The comparison on reducing contaminants is based on NSF/WQA certifications for Brita OB06, PUR PPF951K, and ZeroWater ZF-201 pitcher filters 10/15/20. The pitcher’s flip-top lid makes refilling an easy task. A glance at the sticker filter indicator lets you know when to change the Brita replacement filter.
The large water pitcher comes with a water filter, which you should change every 120 gallons or about six months for best results. It is certified to reduce cadmium, mercury, and lead. Substances reduced may not be in all users’ water.
It is easy to fill and can hold 10 cups of water, enough to fill three 24-ounce reusable water bottles.
It fits perfectly on refrigerator shelves since it has a height of 10.47″; Width 5.59″; Length/Depth 10.94″; Weight 2.29 pounds.
- It is easy to fill
- It fits in most fridges
- It can hold 10 cups of water, enough to fill three 24-ounce reusable water bottles
- It has an easy-fill locking lid making it easy to pour
- It gives you great-tasting water without the waste
- It reduces 99% lead, chlorine, cadmium, mercury, benzene, Asbestos, and more
- It has an electronic indicator that makes filter reminders effortless
- The lid may come off when you pour the water unless you hold it down with the other hand
Invigorated Water Alkaline Water Pitcher
It has a vast filter capacity that is much longer than that of other competitors. It holds up to 1500 cups/360 liters/96 gallons of water before requiring a replacement. It saves an average of 720 bottles of filtered water.
It includes a multi-stage PH filter which increases it to PH10. Remineralization adds minerals such as selenium & calcium. Filters fluoride, chlorine, and chloramine. It filters heavy metals in tap water, providing a great taste. It also removes odor and color.
Built-in a modern design, it has an easy-to-fill lid and a digital gauge, so you know when to change your filter. The pitcher has BPA-free materials which are SGS certified.
It has a new enhanced filter design that adds a PH002 ultrafiltration membrane filter sold separately to your PH001 filter and takes your water filtration to the next level.
The PH001 and PH002 filters are also compatible with the pH REFRESH and pH RECHARGE models. You should therefore buy it confidently since the manufacturer has a 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.
- It increases pH and produces small molecular-sized structured water
- It filters out particles and impurities, like sand and dust
- It reduces the negative potential of the water
- It removes fluoride, chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals
- It remineralizes water adding healthy minerals
- It improves the taste and smell of your water
- It has a huge capacity of 96 gallons
- Some say you may have to push very hard to make the lid fit
Waterdrop Chubby 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
Thee pitcher is NSF 42 certified for the reduction of chlorine, taste, and odor. It is also NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using 7-stage water filter technology, this water filter pitcher can effectively reduce arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other water contaminants. Drink more water every day with Waterdrop. 3-pack replacement filters are available for purchase.
The product comprises high-grade BPA-free plastic with a simple yet rigid natural wooden handle, making handling the equipment easier. Using silver-loaded activated carbon and highly efficient ACF from Japan for the premium water pitcher filter, you are assured of optimal filter performance.
The high-quality filters produce over 200 gallons of water before replacement. Plus, one Waterdrop Chubby water filter pitcher replaces over 1600 standard 16-oz bottled water.
Our Intelligent design ensures a healthier and hassle-free life for users, as you can monitor water quality at any time. Thanks to the replaceable intelligent indicator that can sense when water is poured, you can now see the filter element’s usage state based on the LED’s display mode (light-emitting diode) in real-time.
Waterdrop Chubby water filter pitcher design allows the pitcher’s water filter to be placed correctly on most fridge doors. The spout lid’s innovative design can help keep dust and other particles from getting into the pitcher. It is effortless to refill the pitcher, as you don’t even need to remove the lid.
Before first use of your pitcher, soak the filter in cold water for 10 minutes. Ensure not to use a dishwasher to clean the product. Insert the filter into the reservoir. Then add cold tap water. The first three pitchers of filtered water may contain carbon dust, use on plants or discard.
It is entirely normal to find residual particles of carbon dust in the water while rinsing or soaking the filter. Replace the water filter every 200 gallons or three months.
- It has a large capacity of 10 cups
- It has a 0.5gpm water flow offered by the water filter
- The filter can offer an optimal performance of 200 gallons or three months
- It has a wooden handle that is more comfortable to hold
- It is a sleek and stylish countertop item for home decor
- It is NSF certified for the reduction of chlorine and lead
- It uses a 7-stage water filter technology
- It reduces arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other contaminants in water
- It is made up of high-grade BPA-free plastic
- It has a replaceable intelligent indicator
- You can perfectly place it on most fridge doors
- You might find residual particles of carbon dust in the water while rinsing your filter
Waterdrop Elfin 5-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
The pitcher is NSF 42 certified for the reduction of chlorine, taste, and odor. It is also NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using 7-stage water filter technology, this water filter pitcher can effectively reduce arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other water contaminants. It also has 3-pack replacement filters available for purchase.
The product has a 5-cup capacity, and its small size makes it easy to carry. This water filter pitcher is colorful and perfect for use in dormitories and offices. You can use this pitcher to filter impurities out of your water.
The Waterdrop filter’s primary purpose is not total dissolved solids(TDS) reduction, inorganic salts, and a small organic matter. The filter can reduce harmful substances while retaining beneficial calcium and magnesium, which are the main components of inorganic salts. If you want to reduce TDS physically, your best option is the Waterdrop RO system.
It contains an indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the water filter. Also, while pouring your water, you can check on the use status of the filter.
The pitcher is made of high-grade BPA-free plastic and has an ergonomic handle, making for easy handling. Because the pitcher uses silver-loaded activated carbon and highly efficient ACF from Japan, you can rest assured that you will enjoy optimal performance.
- It is NSF certified for the reduction of chlorine n lead
- It reduces arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other contaminants
- It is a small-capacity pitcher that meets multiple needs
- Its small size makes it easy to carry
- It has a dedicated filtration performance
- It can reduce harmful substances while retaining beneficial calcium and magnesium
- It has a gravity induction indicator
- It is made of high-grade BPA-free plastic
- It has an ergonomic handle, which makes for easy handling
- It might be small for a large family
Waterdrop Lucid 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
The pitcher is NSF 42 certified for the reduction of chlorine, taste, and odor. It is also NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. Using 7-stage water filter technology, this water filter pitcher can effectively reduce arsenic, fluoride, lead, and other water contaminants. 3-pack replacement filters are available for purchase.
The Waterdrop pitcher is made of high-grade BPA-free plastic and has an ergonomic handle, making for easy handling. Because the pitcher uses silver-loaded activated carbon and highly efficient ACF from Japan, you can rest assured that you will enjoy optimal performance. Waterdrop is your elite choice.
The filter can reduce harmful substances while retaining beneficial calcium and magnesium, which are the main components of inorganic salts. If you want to reduce TDS physically, your best option is the Waterdrop RO system. Waterdrop tells the truth and provides multiple options for you.
The high-quality filter produces 200 gallons of water before it needs to be replaced. One Waterdrop Lucid water filter pitcher can replace more than 1,600 standard 16-ounce water bottles, thereby helping you save money and protect our environment. Waterdrop has a large capacity of 10 cups, which allows your business to be ready for a large meeting.
The Waterdrop pitcher fits perfectly in most refrigerator doors without occupying too much space. The innovative design of the spout cover can help prevent dust and other particles from entering the pitcher. You don’t even need to remove the cover.
The Waterdrop pitcher contains a gravity induction indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filter. Waterdrop leads in innovation, and Lucid is more than an average pitcher.
- It has a fast flow rate of 0.5 gallons per minute
- It is NSF certified to reduce lead and chlorine
- It uses highly efficient ACF from Japan in a 7-layer filtration system
- It has a 10-cup capacity, which will perfectly fit your family’s needs
- It has a specially designed spout lid that keeps out dust and other particles
- It ensures an easy refill of the pitcher without removing the cover
- It has a gravity induction indicator
- It perfectly fits in the side door of your fridge
- It reduces arsenic, fluoride, and other contaminants in water
- It does not remove total dissolved solids (TDS)
Clearly-Filtered Water Filter Pitcher
It is independently tested to remove Fluoride, Lead, and PFAS/PFOA (the “forever chemicals”) and over 230 unique contaminants commonly found in tap water all across the country.
You could filter water through the top 5 most popular water filters one after the other and STILL not remove as much as one pass through a Clearly-Filtered Pitcher. No matter what you’re currently using, this filter will be a huge step up.
The American-built filter is tested and certified to exceed NSF/ANSI standards. It is made with 100% BPA-free Tritan, approved for contact with water, and will never leach chemicals.
The manufacturer guarantees you will love the taste of your clean water no matter where you are or what’s in your water! If for any reason, you’re not thrilled, you are bound to get a full refund. The products are backed with a lifetime warranty.
It removes contaminants such as; fluoride, lead, chromium-6, BPA, herbicides and pesticides, benzene, VOCs, radiological, mercury, arsenic, and more.
The best way to tell when to change the filter is how often you fill the top reservoir. That reservoir is 1/2 gallon, and the life of the filter is 100 gallons. If you fill the top reservoir about twice a day, it filters about 1 gallon per day. So, you would need to change the filter every 100 days, or 3-4 months.
- It is made with BPA-Free and food-grade materials
- It filters out over 230 toxic chemicals and metals
- It has the highest quality water filtration system
- The filter is replaced after 3-4 months
- It removes fluoride, lead, chromium-6, and more
- It is backed with a lifetime warranty
- Its filters are NSF/ANSI certified
- It is a bit pricy
- It does not have a filter indicator or timer
Epic Pure Water Filter Pitchers for Drinking Water
The large water filtration pitcher for the refrigerator is easy to pour and refill. It is a space-efficient system jug that perfectly fits your refrigerator shelves and is great for families. This solid carbon block water purifier will keep your family drinking filtered water for years to come.
It is rigorously tested against NSF/ANSI standards 42, 53, 401, and P473 (NSF 53 Water Filter).
The fluoride water filters are proprietary formulated carbon block water filters that remove fluoride—designed and tested to remove chlorine. Lead Water Filter: 6mm thick carbon block removes lead.
PFAS Water Filter: Designed and tested to remove the Forever Chemical PFOA PFOS PFC. 1,4
Dioxane Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of 1,4-Dioxane in drinking water.
Haloacetic Acids (HAAs) Water Filter: Recently tested for the removal of Haloacetic acids.
Tap water filter: Proprietary solid carbon block filter removes 2000% more contaminants than the leading water filter pitchers. They include Total Trihalomethanes, Chromium 6, Fluoride, Chloramines, Bromodichloromethane, and much more.
A 6mm thick solid carbon block water filters protect you and your family from contaminants that other filters miss. Smart filter media keeps healthy trace minerals like calcium and magnesium in your water, which a reverse osmosis system will strip out.
It also comes with a LED timer, which counts down from 90 days, integrated into the lid that reminds you when it is time to change the filter. Never again will you have to guess about your filter. Got city tap water? Want to remove both lead and fluoride? Then, this is the pitcher for you.
Each quality gravity water filter produces 150 gallons of fresh, contaminant-free drinking water that last four times longer than the leading water filter pitchers. It removes 99.99% of all tap water contaminants.
It is 100% BPA-free, 100% Approved Food Grade Materials, 100% Recyclable, and 100% Vegan.
- It is refrigerator friendly
- It is easy to pour and refill
- It is tested against NSF/ANSI standards
- It removes Chromium 6, Fluoride, Chloramines and more
- It comes with a LED timer, which counts down from 90 days
- It is BPA-free, approved food-grade materials, and 100% recyclable
- It does not remove parasitic cysts found in well water
Maxblue 10-Cup Water Filter Pitcher
Maxblue uses creative filtration technology that provides you with 0-TDS water. This water filter jug can effectively remove total dissolved solids (TDS)in water to protect your drinking water safety.
It uses a 6-stage filtration performance. It adopts two layers of premium PP membrane, filter foam, food-grade ion exchange resin, and two activated carbon fiber layers. They effectively remove lead, fluoride, chlorine, odor, TDS, heavy metals, and other harmful substances in water. It can also prevent the limescale from building up, providing you with pure-tasting water.
All of the materials that Maxblue uses are BPA-free and lead-free. At the same time, Maxblue cares about the environment. Cut down on plastic waste with our innovative water pitchers.
The water filter jug adopts an advanced design with a gravity induction indicator in the pitcher system. It also comes with an LED light that reminds you about your filter status. To achieve strong removal performance, our countertop water filter pitcher has a relatively short one-month service life.
The 0-TDS water filter jug comes with a large 10-cup capacity yet still fits most fridges’ side doors. The touch-free spout lid design also makes it easier to use.
- It uses creative filtration technology that provides you with 0-TDS water
- It uses a 6-stage filtration performance
- It removes lead, fluoride, chlorine, TDS, and other harmful substances in drinking water
- It can prevent limescale from building up
- It uses BPA-free and lead-free materials
- It cuts down on plastic waste
- It has a gravity induction indicator in the pitcher system
- It comes with an LED light that reminds you about your filter status
- It comes with a large 10-cup capacity
- It fits in the side doors of most fridges
- The touch-free spout lid design makes it easier to use
- Its filter has a relatively short one-month service life
Hskyhan Alkaline Water Filter Pitcher
It is a large capacity 10-cup pitcher with two extra high-quality and easy-to-install filters to generate hygienic and clean water. It also has a timer that measures the number of days left of the filter’s life expectancy and tracks the replacement.
According to the water source, 7-layer alkaline filtration makes water alkaline, with a pH value increased by 0.5 to 2 or more. It can remove Fluoride, chlorine, lead, dirt, harmful metals, and other water substances in the water. It also defeats peculiar odors, hence provides clean and healthy drinking water.
The water filter pitchers can purify 300 16-ounce plastic bottles of water. They save you an enormous amount otherwise to be used for bottled water, lower your costs, reduce the waste on plastics, and conserving the environment.
It has an oval outline that is simple and elegant, easily fits into the majority of fridges. The ergonomic handle is easy to assemble/disassemble. The best water filter pitcher, with smooth unclogged water flow, pH value reaching 8-10 after filtration.
It has an exquisite package that is 100% tested and an ideal choice as a gift for friends or family. 24/7 online customer services are provided, with 18 months after-sales service and full amount refund within 30 days starting from the purchase date.
Here are some precautions when using this pitcher
- For first-time use, soak the filter into the water for 10-12 minutes. Rinse the filter under running water for 10-15 seconds. It is the best way to use the filter, which prevents leakage and ensures smooth filtration.
- During the first three filtrations, the pitcher may contain carbon powder, so please throw away the water or use it to water plants.
- Don’t use hot water. Temperature higher than 100.4℉（38℃） will affect the final result of the water for use.
- Please drink up the filtered water within 4 hours or store it in the fridge, or you will compromise the taste.
- It has a 10-cup water capacity
- It comes with two extra high quality and easy-to-install filters
- It has a timer to track the filter activity
- It removes fluoride, chlorine, lead, and harmful metals
- It has a 7-layer alkaline filtration that makes the water alkaline
- It defeats peculiar odors for healthy drinking water
- It saves you an enormous amount of money
- It contributes to plastic waste reduction
- Designed to fit into the majority of fridges easily
- Your water’s taste might be compromised if not drunk in 4 hours or stored in the fridge
Reshape Water 10-Cup Alkaline Water Pitcher
Reshape pitcher is used when eliminating or reducing contaminants you don’t want, and at the same time, adding beneficial minerals back into the water. Such minerals include magnesium, potassium, calcium, and sodium.
The lid extends down the handle, which allows the natural placement of your thumb to help hold the lid shut and prevent spills. No more messes, no more frustration!
It reduces or removes fluoride, heavy metals, increases alkalinity and PH, and reduces water hardness.
The materials used for this pitcher are quality and designed to last. The water filtering kit includes everything to get you started, right out of the box. Just add water! There are four pieces to assemble, the lid, reservoir, one filter, and pitcher. Each item is produced using the highest quality plastic. All are BPA-Free and food safe.
The lid has a built-in top-side digital timer that counts down from 60 days to 0. It reminds you to replace your filter, which should last up to 75 days with regular use, and filter 300 liters (79 gallons) of tap water. The filter is screwed into the bottom of the reservoir, eliminating any chance of unpurified water leaking into your purified water pitcher.
The 3.5L water pitcher is built tough, with thick, high-impact ABS plastic that will last for years. All parts are easy to clean and replaceable if you happen to lose or break a piece.
- You can leave the pitcher outside of the refrigerator with no adverse effects
- It adds back into the water vital minerals
- It creates alkalinity in your water
- The filters make the water into a negative oxidation potential ORP
- It reduces or removes heavy metals and poisons such as VOCs (fluoride, chlorine)
- The pitcher has a unique design that keeps the lid on securely
- It has an unconditional 30-day moneyback guarantee
- It is BPA-Free and food safe
- It has a slow filtering process
- The filter needs replacing after 60 days
Nakii Pitcher Water Filter with Electric Pump by Aquaphor
The J. SHMIDT A500 combines the deep purification ability of a classic under-the-counter system with the portability of a water filter jug. It provides smart protection from most threats found in tap water, including lead, other heavy metals, toxic compounds, or pharmaceuticals.
Unlike all Pitcher Filters on the market that work with gravity, the J.SHMIDT A500 is a portable active filtration system that employs a custom micro-pump. It combines the characteristics of a high-quality stationary water purifier with the portability of a filter jug – the only pitcher on the market to do so!
Aquaphor’s patented technology removes practically all toxic pollution, bacteria (Escherichia Coli 1257, Enterobacter Cloacae, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa), and cysts. It accomplishes this through a hollow fiber membrane with 0.1- 0.01 micron pores. An activated composite mixture with Aqualene aids the filtering while retaining healthy minerals such as magnesium and calcium.
In addition to purifying bacteria’s water, the J.SHMIDT A500 filter has a remarkable capacity to purify 2,114 cups of water of active chemicals. They are; chlorine, zinc, chloroform, cadmium, chromium, copper, lead, and mercury. It also softens the water removing hardness causing limescale.
It has a LED microprocessor that indicates when to replace the filter and charge the battery.
The EU filter is 100% BPA-Free, 100% approved food-grade materials, 100% Recyclable, and 100% Vegan. It has been tested rigorously to meet And exceed NSF standards for contaminant reduction.
Buy the Aquaphor J.SHMIDT A500 if you travel to other countries that may not have the cleanest water. You will have unlimited access to clean, safe water without polluting the environment with plastic water bottles.
Before using a new cartridge for the first time, it is important to note that filter and pour away a volume of water equivalent to that of three funnels.
- It is made with exclusive technology
- It has a custom micro-pump
- It filters bacteria through a membrane with 0.1-0.01 micron pore
- It retains healthy minerals such as magnesium and calcium
- It has a powerful, long-lasting purification system
- It has a remarkable capacity to purify 2114 cups of water
- It removes chlorine, chromium, lead, and more
- It softens hard water that causes limescale
- It has a LED microprocessor
- The filter is BPA-free and recyclable
- It exceeds NSF standards for contaminant reduction
- It is perfect for traveling to countries with limited access to clean water
- It saves the environment from plastic-bottle pollution
- The filter will not work well if you fill it with water, turn it on, and put it in the refrigerator
- It requires a power supply
What Should you Consider when Buying a Water Filter Pitcher?
Tap water in your household may not be the safest and purest water you would want to consume. Various contaminants may inhibit the water, including heavy metals, organic chemicals, TDS, VOCs such as fluoride and chlorine, and more. Therefore, you will need a water filter pitcher to give you safe and great-tasting drinking water.
Let’s get started on what to look out for when searching for a quality water filter pitcher.
1. The Contaminants in Your Tapwater
The best indicator of filter quality is whether it is certified against NSF/ANSI standards. They measure a filter’s ability to remove specific contaminants. Another indicator to look out for is whether the company is a member of the Water Quality Association (WQA).
Most pitcher filters are designed to improve only the aesthetic aspects of drinking water: taste and smell. Among these, it’s good to find one with an NSF/ANSI 42 certification, which not every pitcher is.
On the other hand, if you’re looking to eliminate certain harmful pollutants such as heavy metals, make sure the filter is certified to the NSF/ANSI 53 standard. It can be hard to find a filter of this size that’s NSF/ANSI 53-certified, though. You may want to focus on larger, more advanced filtration systems if your home water has serious contaminants.
2. The Pitcher’s Filter Life
A filter’s lifespan depends on the level of contamination and the amount of water you put through it per day. The manufacturer estimates it in normal conditions.
It is wise to choose a filter that can last between two and six months. If you use the filter for a more extended period, moss and bacteria tend to grow inside it and contaminate your water.
To be on the safe side, find a pitcher with an indicator to notify you when a filter replacement is needed.
3. The Pitcher Jug Material
Most pitcher housings have a plastic body, thus making them affordable and lightweight.
Low-quality plastics can be a health hazard since they may leach chemicals into the water that interfere with your hormone levels. The recommended option is going with food-grade plastics and bisphenol-A-free (BPA-free) materials. They may not be 100% safe but are still a big step up.
4. Jug Size
If you provide drinking water for your whole family or more than yourself, always check how much water the pitcher can process at a time.
A water pitcher filter with a larger capacity means you don’t have to repeatedly refill the jug and wait for the filter to complete its filtration process. While you can still get enough water for three people using a five-cup pitcher if you’re diligent, a ten-cup one will save you more time and hassle.
A few minutes may not sound like much, but it can feel like forever if you have to stand next to the countertop waiting for it. If refilling the pitcher at all sounds too inconvenient, an under-sink water filter may be a better idea.
5. Ease of Cleaning and Use
Look for a design where the jug, lid, handle, reservoirs, and filter should all fit together tightly, preventing leakage, especially from the upper to the lower reservoir. Simultaneously, the filter should also be easy to detach when the time comes to replace it.
All pitchers have a lid, but only some have an auto-open lid, a feature that comes in handy when you refill.
Consider the fact that your pitcher will need cleaning about once a week to prevent the growth of algae, bacteria that may compromise your drinking water. With this in mind, a simple design, free of intricate details, can be vital so you can easily clean every corner.
6. The Cost of Replacement Filters Adds Up
The manufacturer will give instructions or a guide on how often to change the filter. In most water pitchers, it’s every two months or 40 gallons—whichever comes first. Make sure to follow those guidelines because filters clogged with particulates and other contaminants simply stop working. Also, the activated charcoal in filters that traps flavors and odors has a finite capacity to absorb them before it stops functioning.
If you notice that water is flowing slowly, it’s likely that the filter is clogged and it’s time to replace it. Some water filter pitchers have a filter-life indicator that tells you when it’s time to replace it.
Therefore, when purchasing your pitcher, consider its price and the price and availability of its filter.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which water filter pitcher removes the most contaminants?
The Clearly=Filtered and PUR pitchers are close seconds for lead claims. However, the Brita has the highest overall percent reduction at both 6.5 and 8.5 pH levels. The Brita is also NSF-certified to standard 401 for emerging contaminants, unlike many other NSF-certified pitchers.
2. What is the best water filter pitcher in 2020?
Here are some picks for the Best Water Filter Pitchers.
- Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher – Best to Buy in 2021.
- ZeroWater ZP-010 – Best 10-Cup Water Purifier Pitcher.
- Brita 42629 Slim Water Filter Pitcher – Best Small Water Filter Jug.
- Invigorated Water Alkaline Water Pitcher – Best 15 Cup Purifier Pitcher.
3. Is ZeroWater better than Brita?
The Brita earns a Very Good rating for flavor and odor reduction, meaning it filters out all smells but may leave minimal off-tastes. The ZeroWater pitcher receives only a Good rating; it gets rid of odors but not the metallic taste. When it comes to flavor and odor reduction, Brita comes out on top.
4. Are water filter pitchers worth it?
Most pitchers will remove chlorine and elements that leave a bad taste, but very few remove lead. If there are severe contaminants in your water, a water pitcher filter may not be enough to solve your problem.
5.Does ZeroWater remove bacteria?
Does Zero Water purifier remove bacteria and cysts? No, Zero Water cannot remove bacteria, cysts, viruses, and other microbiological contaminants. You should only use treated municipal water with your Zero Water pitcher or bottle.
6. Is it better to drink purified or spring water?
Purified water is of significantly higher purity than spring water, tap water, or groundwater. There’s no right answer. Still, to put it simply, spring water and purified water can come from the same source, but purified water undergoes a more rigorous purification process.
7. What is the best pH water to drink?
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recommends that the pH level of water sources should be at a pH measurement level between 6.5 to 8.5 on a scale that ranges from 0 to 14. The best pH level for drinking water sits right in the middle at a 7.
8. Why does my zero water smell like fish?
The fishy smell could originate from several reasons. Nonetheless, the most common one that causes the filters usually has an anion responsible for releasing trimethylamine. That’s what we know as the nasty rotten fish odor.
9. Can you leave the water pitcher on the counter?
The trouble is, a water-filled carafe can become a breeding ground for microorganisms when left at room temperature. The bacterial growth may or may not be visible, for example, occurring in the carafe’s spout or hidden away in the filter.
10. Does filtered water go bad?
While it’s true that well-stored water should never expire, even filtered water tastes bad after sitting long enough. The United States Department of Homeland Security recommends refreshing your emergency water supply every six months. After that, the water will remain safe to drink but may not taste as good.